The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Atrium 2014 3D artists ?

Hi ! Any CG-heads in here ?? I'm gonna study computer animation, anyone else? What are your skills and/or expectations about this course or similar ?:>
Original post by mushroomix
Hi ! Any CG-heads in here ?? I'm gonna study computer animation, anyone else? What are your skills and/or expectations about this course or similar ?:>

Heya, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see and reply.

You should also check out the new connect pages to find other people who have applied for the same courses as you!
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
I know it's been a week, but... hey! I'm doing Computer anim too!

The portfolio I presented during interview was based mainly around drawing/digital painting. Hope to improve in that regard alongside the primary study of 3D modelling and animation.
Just seen this thread. Also going to study Computer Animation :biggrin:

Not much of a drawer :/ I got in because of my 3d design :smile: Need to improve my drawing skills, but I procrastinate all the time :frown:

Any of you staying at Liberty Bridge, Accommodation ? Moving in on the 19th :biggrin: exciting stuff...
Reply 4
As above, ive just seen this thread and im also taking the Technical Game Art course. Im in Treforest Accommodation, moving in on the 20th, and for a mature student im absolutely bricking it haha.
Original post by kurtisenos94
Just seen this thread. Also going to study Computer Animation :biggrin:

Not much of a drawer :/ I got in because of my 3d design :smile: Need to improve my drawing skills, but I procrastinate all the time :frown:

Any of you staying at Liberty Bridge, Accommodation ? Moving in on the 19th :biggrin: exciting stuff...

Hey, I'm in Liberty Bridge too! See you in class, methinks?
Hi :smile: Im 16 and from Newcastle, I'm currently in my first week of A-Levels but I was looking over the possible courses I could choose. In 3D Animation, Is being a good drawer important? :smile:

Thanks
Original post by MattyPresto
Hi :smile: Im 16 and from Newcastle, I'm currently in my first week of A-Levels but I was looking over the possible courses I could choose. In 3D Animation, Is being a good drawer important? :smile:

Thanks

Hey MattyPresto! Having good drawing skills is helpful mainly because it enables you to communicate your ideas visually to other people (your tutors, for example). Knowing about and being able to draw human anatomy/proportion is also extremely handy when making 3D human models. The uses for drawing are plentiful in creative fields like this, I guess.

My interviewers made it clear that they were looking for evidence of drawing ability, and it's mainly because they can teach you the 3D stuff if you aren't that good at it (like me, for example) but they can't really teach you the drawing stuff, it's not what they're there to do.

Best of luck dude!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending