The Student Room Group

when to start revision?

Hi I'm in year 10 and I'm very confused on when to start revising for my GCSE'S at the end of the year I have 6 exams 2 for IGSE Chemistry, 2 for IGCSE Biology and 2 for RE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ZiaMahmood
Hi I'm in year 10 and I'm very confused on when to start revising for my GCSE'S at the end of the year I have 6 exams 2 for IGSE Chemistry, 2 for IGCSE Biology and 2 for RE

I'd say Christmas time if all those exams are in May/June. Everyone has different ideas on when though. :sadnod:
the day before the exam, if you are semi intelligent you'll still smash it.
They're GCSEs; half an hour the night before is more than enough
Reply 4
Thay are all after the easter holidays so I don't wanna start to early but not leave it too late
tbh most of the people on tsr are bsing when they say they only did half an hour of revision for gcses, just ignore them

it is perfectly possible to get good grades with that amount of revision, but i wouldn't recommend it. imo around a month/month and a half before exams is plenty if you pay attention in class

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Arithmeticae
tbh most of the people on tsr are bsing when they say they only did half an hour of revision for gcses, just ignore them

it is perfectly possible to get good grades with that amount of revision, but i wouldn't recommend it. imo around a month/month and a half before exams is plenty if you pay attention in class

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanx :smile:
Reply 7
CGP the month before and you will get an A* in every exam.
I'd suggest revising the night before :smile:
Reply 9
CGP revision guides are just the best thing in the world. If you want to do well in an exam, I suggest finding a guide suitable to your subject, and for GCSEs, reading it is more than enough revision.

Taking notes and testing regularly will obviously boost your knowledge, but you can get by with just reading it.

Wait, you're taking your GCSE exams at the end of Year 10?!
Reply 11
I would make notes as i go along but seriously start revision around Christmas time (only light revision) and do hard core (as in the time you become a ghost) in easter/ February half term if you have time
Original post by Mr...
No. :lolwut:

Arithmeticae speaks the truth :yes:

You're 14, as I've just learned from another thread. Don't correct me on how the OP should revise for exams that I've already sat a few years ago and you haven't. Come back and involve yourself in the discussion once you've sat your GCSEs in a few years time, young one! :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
No. :lolwut:

Arithmeticae speaks the truth :yes:

Revising for GCSEs is like revising for the Sunday morning crossword; they're just memory games
Whenever you start your course.
Original post by Mr...
So just because I'm fourteen that automatically means I don't know hot to revise for exams? :lolwut: That just sounds ignorant to me :rolleyes:
Your first post was misleading and revising for exams shouldn't be just learning the stuff the night before. You have to do it throughout the year in very small chunks then during exam season. Go over the content a little more intensely :fyi:

Not all of them and that doesn't mean you should just cram the stuff in the night before. :no:

You don't know because you haven't sat these set of exams before. Also, it's one thing to input your own opinion into the discussion, it's another to correct someone who has years worth of experience over you and has actually sat these exams. Listen kid, come back and correct me when the smell of your mothers breast milk has dissapeared from your breath and you don't wet the bed anymore
Reply 16

You really should start revising now doing questions on the things you have already been taught and re-look over your notes when you get home for school as that is the best way for you to actually learn them instead of waiting till about a month before the exam and cramming everything in!
Reply 17

Cramming the stuff in the night before means you might scrape a pass but it will not benefit you when you sit a higher qualification as you will not know anything
Reply 18
Original post by happysmile
Wait, you're taking your GCSE exams at the end of Year 10?!

yup
Original post by ruthlessv
the day before the exam, if you are semi intelligent you'll still smash it.

Never go full retard.
[video="youtube;oAKG-kbKeIo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAKG-kbKeIo[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest