somebody's getting cocky now that his team panicked and signed falcao... :wink:
Original post by Lúcio
somebody's getting cocky now that his team panicked and signed falcao... :wink:

Balotelli is overrated (srs)

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by manchesterunited15
Balotelli is overrated (srs)

meh, maybe a little but i'll ay again - is he really a bad player to have as a replacement striker?

btw if falcao gets injured (please god), some lols are oming your way.
Original post by Lúcio
meh, maybe a little but i'll ay again - is he really a bad player to have as a replacement striker?

Not bad no but a big step down from Sturridge.

Shouldn't hope a player gets injured :no: But it wouldn't matter anyway:

Spoiler

Original post by Lúcio

You'd wish a player to get injured? :lolwut:
i just see hidden messages on this page
Reply 1766
Be interesting to see how we play without him. Not too worried though, if I'm honest. I'm not trying to undermine him, but I think we can still score goals, as demonstrated by the fact he has scored just one of our six goals so far this season.
Not bad no but a big step down from Sturridge.

Shouldn't hope a player gets injured :no: But it wouldn't matter anyway

he may be but we all know that sturridge is injury prone - it was gonna happen at some point anyway.

why wouldn't it matter?
you're basically hinging all your hopes on the notion that you can outscore your opponents (like we did last year).

Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
You'd wish a player to get injured? :lolwut:

yeah because you didn't want suarez to be out through injury last season when we were winning game after game?
i don't wish any harm on the guy obviously, i just wish for united fans to have a reality check.

they can be all cocky about their new players but that fact is that they spent ridiculous amounts of money to get them out of a tight spot and they're still 7 points behind the leaders after only 3 games...
Original post by Lúcio
he may be but we all know that sturridge is injury prone - it was gonna happen at some point anyway.

why wouldn't it matter?
you're basically hinging all your hopes on the notion that you can outscore your opponents (like we did last year).

It will matter of course, I was just saying that for the chance to spam the Di Maria picture. But really with RVP it's not that big of a step down.

they can be all cocky about their new players but that fact is that they spent ridiculous amounts of money to get them out of a tight spot and they're still 7 points behind the leaders after only 3 games...

Our new signings have played a combined total of 2 games between the 6 of them :confused:
It will matter of course, I was just saying that for the chance to spam the Di Maria picture. But really with RVP it's not that big of a step down.

Our new signings have played a combined total of 2 games between the 6 of them :confused:

strong posting skills...

if RVP isn't a "big step down", why the hell did you even bother getting falcao?
i know welbeck and hernandez wanted to go, but surely you could've persuaded one to stay and not had to spend 6m loan fee and god knows how much on his wages for a year?

not talking about your signings in relation to your points
what i'm saying is that yes you've bought big, but the fact is that you're already down to your rivals (from 3 easy games) and your players have barely even played a game together.
Original post by Lúcio

why wouldn't it matter?

yeah because you didn't want suarez to be out through injury last season when we were winning game after game?
i don't wish any harm on the guy obviously, i just wish for united fans to have a reality check.

Erm no I didn't. I actually enjoyed a world class player at his peak demolishing opponents. Its really sad if you'd actually want to see a football player regardless of who he plays for to get injured.

What reality check? We don't expect us to go on a winning run with all the world class forwards we have. We all know there's still a lot to be done for us to get into top 4.

You sound like a hypocrite man :/ Just last week you said it's only early and not to draw any conclusions now you're saying 'already 7 points behind'. Oh my :|
Original post by Lúcio
strong posting skills...

if RVP isn't a "big step down", why the hell did you even bother getting falcao?
i know welbeck and hernandez wanted to go, but surely you could've persuaded one to stay and not had to spend 6m loan fee and god knows how much on his wages for a year?

not talking about your signings in relation to your points
what i'm saying is that yes you've bought big, but the fact is that you're already down to your rivals (from 3 easy games) and your players have barely even played a game together.

Well the swap actually made us a profit (in the short run, in the long run of course we'll either buy him and lose money from the deal overall, or be a striker down and probably have to buy another one or hope Wilson is good enough). Either way the money is meaningless, we're rich as ****.

But we've been playing 4 of our first 11 so the performances so far are meaningless. We're 7 behind the leaders but just 3 behind our top 4 rivals, which is what matters. They also have barely played any better than us.
Erm no I didn't. I actually enjoyed a world class player at his peak demolishing opponents. Its really sad if you'd actually want to see a football player regardless of who he plays for to get injured.

What reality check? We don't expect us to go on a winning run with all the world class forwards we have. We all know there's still a lot to be done for us to get into top 4.

You sound like a hypocrite man :/ Just last week you said it's only early and not to draw any conclusions now you're saying 'already 7 points behind'. Oh my :|

the bit in bold is the problem i have.
there's no reason to suggest that you won't overcome QPR (the worst team in the league) at old trafford.
although you and some other united fans are acting as if you can play by FIFA rules

you can't bring in a bunch of players and expect them immediately to gel, going on a winning streak and soaring to the top
take our liverpool side for example - we have excellent cohesion and fluidity now, but it took rodgers over a year to hone the skills of our players and develop a team chemistry

there is nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team, but it is insulting to your rivals when you expect that you'll rapidly climb above them with ease now that you spent your way out of your mess.
Original post by Lúcio
the bit in bold is the problem i have.
there's no reason to suggest that you won't overcome QPR (the worst team in the league) at old trafford.
although you and some other united fans are acting as if you can play by FIFA rules

you can't bring in a bunch of players and expect them immediately to gel, going on a winning streak and soaring to the top
take our liverpool side for example - we have excellent cohesion and fluidity now, but it took rodgers over a year to hone the skills of our players and develop a team chemistry

there is nothing wrong with being optimistic about your team, but it is insulting to your rivals when you expect that you'll rapidly climb above them with ease now that you spent your way out of your mess.

Me? I've never posted a Fifa like formation. In fact, I'm the one that keeps saying it's ridiculously unbalanced to those who do :lol:.

Now you sound incredibly bitter. Every United fan knows we wont go on a winning run, we know its not all rainbows and ponies. We've had our reality check last season and the start of this season. You say 'spend your way out of the mess' but sorry but weren't you and others saying we'd have to spend big to improve the quality in our squad? Didn't you see how **** we did last summer? Have you seen our midfield? ffs we had Young and Valencia as wingers. We NEEDED to invest, all those years we had Fergie now he's gone we're like any other club, in which we HAVE to invest in our squad to compete. Don't even forget that Liverpool spent over 100 million aswell.
Original post by jam278
all I see are posts I can't read

wasn't even funny the first time
Reply 1775
Me? I've never posted a Fifa like formation. In fact, I'm the one that keeps saying it's ridiculously unbalanced to those who do :lol:.

Now you sound incredibly bitter. Every United fan knows we wont go on a winning run, we know its not all rainbows and ponies. We've had our reality check last season and the start of this season. You say 'spend your way out of the mess' but sorry but weren't you and others saying we'd have to spend big to improve the quality in our squad? Didn't you see how **** we did last summer? Have you seen our midfield? ffs we had Young and Valencia as wingers. We NEEDED to invest, all those years we had Fergie now he's gone we're like any other club, in which we HAVE to invest in our squad to compete. Don't even forget that Liverpool spent over 100 million aswell.

We spend in proportion to the size of club we are, it's entirely justified either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ggmu!
We spend in proportion to the size of club we are, it's entirely justified either way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. We spend our own money we generate.
Original post by Ggmu!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. We spend our own money we generate.

Not even that. We underspend for how big we are, this year is just making up for previous years' frugality.

Money spent over the last 5 years, not including this summer.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
didn't respond to any of the points i made in my last post.

we ain't seeing eye to eye on this, so i'm just gonna leave it.

beat me to it fagio :frown:
(prsom)

I haven't seen many United fans implying that we'll 'soar' to the top now that we've signed a bunch of players.
Everyone knows it'll take time, it'll always take time for a bunch of new players coming into a squad to gel to a different playing style, different league and of course a different manager. I've already suggested on our thread that we might end up losing to QPR and it probably wont surprise anyone if we did. We cant rely on individual brilliance, we all saw how that worked out against Burnley.

Don't take it personally, it's only a football debate :h:
Not even that. We underspend for how big we are, this year is just making up for previous years' frugality.

Money spent over the last 5 years, not including this summer.

We replaced Ronaldo with Valencia, Obertan and Bebe :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest