The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeorginaHew
Hey guys,
I have just registered for my course as a new first year student and everything, but after looking at my timetable (which only had one module) I started to wonder when I actually enrol for the rest of my modules. Is this after registration? Thank you!!

in most cases you will enroll on evision before you get to UEA. If you have a look at your school induction https://www.uea.ac.uk/newstudents/your-school-induction - some have a guide to module enrollment on there.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Sooo I tried to enroll on optional modules however when I type in the module code in the 'module enrollment' section it says they cant find that module even though I entered the correct code as stated on the evision course profile! Tried in upper and lower cases, doesnt work. It says something like there could be an error with the database?? Anyone have this problem?
I was emailed saying I hold an applicant record so I can't register atm...what?! Can someone explain this to me? Hope I'm not in trouble :s-smilie:

They said they'll call me back tomorrow as my course dept went home :unimpressed:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys does anyone know if there is Gay society at UEA or if its common to have gay students
Original post by bossun
Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys does anyone know if there is Gay society at UEA or if its common to have gay students

there's an LGBT society :smile:
Original post by lilGem
there's an LGBT society :smile:

Oh cool
Do the 25 buses run 24 hours? if not, which buses run till late?
I am worried I would have to walk home if I have a late library session! Thanks a lot!
Original post by medicslife
Do the 25 buses run 24 hours? if not, which buses run till late?
I am worried I would have to walk home if I have a late library session! Thanks a lot!

The 25 and the 25A (soon to be renamed the 26) run until 4:48am in the week under the present timetable, however Norwich is very safe, I've walked home at 3am from campus as a lone female and been fine.
Do you guys reckon a bus pass is needed or that one of those things that everyone buys and then turns out they never use it?
I'll need a find a part time job and if its off campus I'll need to go into the city like 2-3 times a week..

I thought aboutgetting a bike but that wont be pleasant in the pouring rain

How long does it take to walk from campus to the city centre?
Original post by driftawaay
Do you guys reckon a bus pass is needed or that one of those things that everyone buys and then turns out they never use it?
I'll need a find a part time job and if its off campus I'll need to go into the city like 2-3 times a week..

If you need a job in first year then you'll definitley want a bus pass- you can't work on campus until 2nd year as they do the recruitment around March each year. It's an hours walk.
Original post by jelly1000
The 25 and the 25A (soon to be renamed the 26) run until 4:48am in the week under the present timetable, however Norwich is very safe, I've walked home at 3am from campus as a lone female and been fine.

ah thanks a lot!!!
Do you know when the buses start running again in the morning?
ah thanks a lot!!!
Do you know when the buses start running again in the morning?

just before 6am. I take it you must be a first year? Are you not living on campus?
just before 6am. I take it you must be a first year? Are you not living on campus?

Im indeed a first year! However, I missed the accommodation application deadline and ended up at a shared house about 30 mins walking from campus x THANK YOUX
Im indeed a first year! However, I missed the accommodation application deadline and ended up at a shared house about 30 mins walking from campus x THANK YOUX

Oh I see, good luck :smile:

Why are they renaming it again?!!! I swear they do it just to confuse people lol.

Original post by driftawaay

I'd wait until you get the job to confirm you want one. That will also avoid the massive queues to buy one in the first week or two!

You're right about the rain but it would be doable - plenty of people get around Norwich by bike only. The bus pass is £215 for a year and according to the UEA website is available to buy anytime until June so you should be fine to get it in say, October, if you want. And if you made regular journeys you would save a considerable amount compared to buying tickets, so you definitely want one if you will use the bus.

https://www.uea.ac.uk/services/students/Fin/bus_pass

xxx
Probably a stupid question but when do modules update on blackboard with the modules for the new semester? :colondollar:
Original post by lilGem
Probably a stupid question but when do modules update on blackboard with the modules for the new semester? :colondollar:

Depends when the module leaders get round to doing it! Some eager beavers will put them up this week or next, others will wait til they have given paper copies out in the first week of the semester, some don't appear to have enough IT competence to do it.
Depends when the module leaders get round to doing it! Some eager beavers will put them up this week or next, others will wait til they have given paper copies out in the first week of the semester, some don't appear to have enough IT competence to do it.

ah okay, thanks Jelly :redface: few friends were curious too so I felt like I should ask :smile:
Original post by lilGem
ah okay, thanks Jelly :redface: few friends were curious too so I felt like I should ask :smile:

happy to have helped :smile:
Ahh I need to upload a campus card photo but what kinda photo should it be? Is it supposed to be one of those 'serious' ones like an official ID photo or can you have one with a wide open smile? lol

And when they print it onto your campus card is it gonna be black and white?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending