The Student Room Group

China Security Council Election - August 2014 - Manifestos needed

Dear all,

Following the removal of Qwertish due to request of removal, the country of China in the Security Council has become vacant.

If you feel you'd be willing to commit to the Security Council role, submit a manifesto of no more than 300 words and submit it to me via Private Message by Monday 15th September at 9:00am.

This election is being run under Chapter 5 of the MUN Charter.

Below is the Election's Schedule:

ElectionFriday 11th September 2014 - Announcement of election and manifestos of no more than 300 words requested by Secretary General

Monday 15th September 2014 manifestos posted and a 2 day Q&A period will begin.

Thursday 17th September 2014 voting opened. Q&A may continue during this time.

Monday 21st September 2014 Secretary General/Deputy Secretary General will announce the winner. If Secretary General is not available at the time, Deputy Secretary General will announce the winner without further delay. If there is a tie between the top two candidates, a run off vote of three days shall occur.

As ever, any problems let me know.

Good luck to all those who decide to run!

Sena5
Deputy Secretary General
I'll give it a shot
Reply 2
Original post by Luketreherne
I'll give it a shot

Best Wishes!
I'm looking forward to the manifestos.
That is why I have given lots of time for your'll to prepare your best manifesto.
Original post by Sena5
Best Wishes!
I'm looking forward to the manifestos.
That is why I have given lots of time for your'll to prepare your best manifesto.

What does the manifesto has to be about ?
Reply 4

It has to show and be very strong to present yourself indicating your powers to the role and why you choose and how you would do your best for the role online.
You can look into other member's manifestos to know how to write one, but there should be no copyrights!
It should be your own work and should stand out from other member's manifestos because this will show how much interest and dedicated you are to hold the position and to how much you will work for the position, China on MUN TSR.
Here are some piece of manifestos. The important notice is, the manifesto should be no more than 300 words.:yep:
You can also look into how the elections were hold previously through these links below.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2474385
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2640978
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2559934
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2412923
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2575530
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2488915
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2527774

Any more questions let me know.:hugs:
Are the manifestos supposed to be in-character or out-of-character? As in, are you supposed to state why you would be a good representative, or are you supposed to state what you would do to improve the country in real life?
Reply 6
Original post by Procrastin8R
Are the manifestos supposed to be in-character or out-of-character? As in, are you supposed to state why you would be a good representative, or are you supposed to state what you would do to improve the country in real life?

Yes, you have to state why you would be a good representative and what would would you do to improve the country online on TSR than other members who were holding the position.
In my experience, if you state what you would do to improve the country in real life as you have asked above, members will only ask what would it have to do for online and your achieving the position target goes low. So state what would you do to improve the country online on TSR than what other members who were holding the position did previously. You should say something different which would express your unique and have ideas to make the position more better than previous members who held the same position.
Original post by Sena5
Yes, you have to state why you would be a good representative and what would would you do to improve the country online on TSR than other members who were holding the position.
In my experience, if you state what you would do to improve the country in real life as you have asked above, members will only ask what would it have to do for online and your achieving the position target goes low. So state what would you do to improve the country online on TSR than what other members who were holding the position did previously. You should say something different which would express your unique and have ideas to make the position more better than previous members who held the same position.

So if I have any ideas about improving it in real life, should I mention it at all or not?
Reply 8
So if I have any ideas about improving it in real life, should I mention it at all or not?

No need to mention anything about real life as members during the question and answer period of the election will read your manifesto and ask what it has to do with real life when you are only going to be a rep of China online.It just makes you confused when answering such weird questions.

So, all what I say is do not mention any ideas about improving it in real life but, do mention any ideas about improving it online.
Original post by Sena5
No need to mention anything about real life as members during the question and answer period of the election will read your manifesto and ask what it has to do with real life when you are only going to be a rep of China online.It just makes you confused when answering such weird questions.

So, all what I say is do not mention any ideas about improving it in real life but, do mention any ideas about improving it online.

OK, thanks for the clarification! :smile:
Reply 10
OK, thanks for the clarification! :smile:

Are you planning to send a manifesto for the position?
Original post by Sena5
Are you planning to send a manifesto for the position?

I was seriously considering it, but I'm very busy for the next couple of months so I'm afraid I'm not going to after all.
Reply 12
I was seriously considering it, but I'm very busy for the next couple of months so I'm afraid I'm not going to after all.

Don't worry.
Prepare the manifesto and send it now..I have not got any manifestos so there are high chances of you winning the place..

After sending the manifesto you will not have to worry..Just create one..Correct it and maximise it upto 300 words..
Original post by Sena5
Don't worry.
Prepare the manifesto and send it now..I have not got any manifestos so there are high chances of you winning the place..

After sending the manifesto you will not have to worry..Just create one..Correct it and maximise it upto 300 words..

The thing is though, I won't be active so there's no point, as that's why the previous representative was replaced. Sorry.
Reply 14
The thing is though, I won't be active so there's no point, as that's why the previous representative was replaced. Sorry.

Oh alright..Activeness is important.
RoryS
QFA

Sena5
QFA

If (when) the repeal and charter pass - this election won't matter. It might be worth telling people it's applying to the position of China and India - rather than an election now. Like the old days. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Republic1
If (when) the repeal and charter pass - this election won't matter. It might be worth telling people it's applying to the position of China and India - rather than an election now. Like the old days. :smile:

The voting results haven't opened yet, has it? Only RoryS could deal with it as it was his idea with the new Charter.:smile:
I don't think I should interfere. Let RoryS give his answer.:smile:
Reply 17

I received a manifesto for China. If you are willing to represent as well please send in your manifesto soon as election thread is already open and no questions are being asked yet. If you send your manifesto I'll update it on the election thread as well:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending