The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
:yy: Well let us know if you get bored! You flying home today?

Lack of animals will be forgiven, I'll just cry my tears of regret into the awesome alcohol you brought us. :biggrin:

Will do :smile: flight is at 10 local time so I land at 1:30. My Dad's going to pick me up and then use the car ride to quiz me on why I came home early.
Tis awesome alcohol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
It is a rather cool emoticon :tongue: how are you keeping?

I'm good. :smile: Life's fairly sorted at the minute, apart from one of my mice being ill (don't know yet if it's treatable), but still enjoying planning for uni, doing crafting etc. And one of my friends sent me awesome belated birthday presents today. :biggrin:

Hope you do great back at uni. :h:
Had the biggest icecream ever today!
FOUR scoops in one cone!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410015331.437296.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Had the biggest icecream ever today!
FOUR scoops in one cone!
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1410015331.437296.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

But why only one flavour? :puppyeyes:
But why only one flavour? :puppyeyes:

Oh its not!
You asked for 2 flavours and got 2 scoops of each flavour, so i got cookies and cream and toffee crunch :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh its not!
You asked for 2 flavours and got 2 scoops of each flavour, so i got cookies and cream and toffee crunch :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: And you saved some for us, yes?
Cannot wait to start uni, I'm soooo excited! 22 days :party:
haven't moved from bed in forever. feel vacant, yet in so so so much pain
:puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: And you saved some for us, yes?

Keeping it safe in my tummy for you :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
Cannot wait to start uni, I'm soooo excited! 22 days :party:

:biggrin: Hope you have a blast!

Original post by ScaryScience
haven't moved from bed in forever. feel vacant, yet in so so so much pain

:hugs:

Keeping it safe in my tummy for you :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! :excited:
:biggrin: Hope you have a blast!

Obviously nervous and stuff cos it's a massive change but, i think it'll be great :')
Wasted a whole day of comic con because I felt ill all day :frown: no longer have an upset stomach (probably because I've avoided eating anything) but my head is pounding and I feel hot and feverish :/ I want to feel better otherwise I'll have wasted all the money I spent on this trip :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Wasted a whole day of comic con because I felt ill all day :frown: no longer have an upset stomach (probably because I've avoided eating anything) but my head is pounding and I feel hot and feverish :/ I want to feel better otherwise I'll have wasted all the money I spent on this trip :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wanna skype, I'll send healing vibes your way? :tongue:
Do I have to keep calling out the regulars on this thread? I'm in quite a mentally distressing situation and very few people have anything to say and when they do it can be because I bring attention to how little support a mental health support society offers to those who need at least some comfort. This thread is basically support between "the regulars", the accepted members of MHSS. But when I've been trying to break in and when I ask for help it proves hard.

Chances are my university course will be terminated and I'll be kicked out of university. I have a ****ty home life I don't want to go back to for the sake of my mental health. I have sleep problems, I have social problems, probably aspergers. I have next to no real friends I can rely on. Especially around me. I've received very little to no help from the NHS to help me with these problems that have made life so difficult for me. I don't really fit into British society on the whole and don't know what I would be able to do if my university course is terminated. The idea of getting a job in retail frankly fills me with dread. I need mental stimulation, at least. Probably more. Like people on my wavelength. My life is at bit of crossroads and I'm terrified of what the future holds. I want to be happy, I want a network of people who care for me, love me, want to be around me and vice versa. I want to prove to myself what I'm capable of and find my place in this world, even if that's in a different country. I don't want to do a job just for the money, I want to do a job that I can look forward to.
Original post by alexs2602
Do I have to keep calling out the regulars on this thread? I'm in quite a mentally distressing situation and very few people have anything to say and when they do it can be because I bring attention to how little support a mental health support society offers to those who need at least some comfort. This thread is basically support between "the regulars", the accepted members of MHSS. But when I've been trying to break in and when I ask for help it proves hard.

Chances are my university course will be terminated and I'll be kicked out of university. I have a ****ty home life I don't want to go back to for the sake of my mental health. I have sleep problems, I have social problems, probably aspergers. I have next to no real friends I can rely on. Especially around me. I've received very little to no help from the NHS to help me with these problems that have made life so difficult for me. I don't really fit into British society on the whole and don't know what I would be able to do if my university course is terminated. The idea of getting a job in retail frankly fills me with dread. I need mental stimulation, at least. Probably more. Like people on my wavelength. My life is at bit of crossroads and I'm terrified of what the future holds. I want to be happy, I want a network of people who care for me, love me, want to be around me and vice versa. I want to prove to myself what I'm capable of and find my place in this world, even if that's in a different country. I don't want to do a job just for the money, I want to do a job that I can look forward to.

If you really want to know, personally I don't often answer your posts because you write long paragraphs which I find hard to focus throughout. :dontknow: I also find repeatedly being told we should be paying more attention to you a bit of a turn off. :colondollar:
If you really want to know, personally I don't often answer your posts because you write long paragraphs which I find hard to focus throughout. :dontknow: I also find repeatedly being told we should be paying more attention to you a bit of a turn off. :colondollar:

Its a support group. I need support. What's the point of a support group if you're only going to offer it to the regulars? Don't you think I'm going to be upset and annoyed when my cries for help go unanswered?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Its a support group. I need support. What's the point of a support group if you're only going to offer it to the regulars? Don't you think I'm going to be upset and annoyed when my cries for help go ignored?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've told you why I personally don't answer your posts very often. I can't say I've noticed you offer me much advice when I've posted either. I restrain myself from getting too upset about this fact.
I've told you why I personally don't answer your posts very often. I can't say I've noticed you offer me much advice when I've posted either. I restrain myself from getting too upset about this fact.

I've answered other people. And sometimes I don't know what I can do to help. Don't know the situation well enough, think there's nothing I can add that others haven't already said.

Posting long paragraphs shouldn't really discourage a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also struggle to read long paragraphs and also try and give some support where I think I might actually be of some use, which I don't think I can be :s-smilie: I don't always read all the posts on here either, often just replying to anyone who've quoted me, and I've been either busy or struggling a fair bit recently which means I'm a lot less likely to be of any use to anyone :colondollar: Either way it's not you specifically I've been ignoring, sorry! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've answered other people. And sometimes I don't know what I can do to help. Don't know the situation well enough, think there's nothing I can add that others haven't already said.

Posting long paragraphs shouldn't really discourage a response.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds reasonable - why can't other people reserve the right to not know what to say to you either?

With your last point I completely disagree though. I have difficulty reading long paragraphs because of my mental health issues (big impact on concentration). Many other people suffer from similar issues, some to a much greater extent than me. With all due respect to your chosen writing style, why should it be us doing all the work to pander to your distaste for paragraph breaks?

A little brevity can work wonders. :fyi:

Latest