The Student Room Group

Why is acceptable for Humans to Kill Animals but not the other way around?

We kill animals all over the world for fun, sport, fashion, food. Yet if the reverse happend it's a 'shame' and a tragedy.

I almost wonder what if animals could
talk, what would they have to say about how they're treated by us Humans?

Animals are opressed by humans entirely and only animal rights group aconowledges this..

Scroll to see replies

We are animals. And just like animals we kill other animals. However there aren't many animals which kill their own species.

We are the top predator so that is what you expect. I'm sure if bears were the top predator we would be "oppressed" by them. But we are not because we are more advanced. Its nature.
We are biased towards our own species, like every other species on earth. It's how we survive.

Animals are a natural part of our diet, and they're also delicious. I see absolutely no problem with killing them as long as it's done in the most humane way possible. Animals kill other animals and that's never been a moral issue.
Reply 3
Generally, if someone is killed by an animal then they deserve it... humans are probably the only animal that just kills things for fun, animals do it out of necessity.
Original post by Jingers
Generally, if someone is killed by an animal then they deserve it... humans are probably the only animal that just kills things for fun, animals do it out of necessity.

Foxes are notorious for killing for fun. They will go into a chicken coup and kill about 15 chickens and then take one. They also do the same to lambs, they will kill 4 or 5 and just leave them in the field without even eating them.
Reply 5
Original post by DiddyDec
Foxes are notorious for killing for fun. They will go into a chicken coup and kill about 15 chickens and then take one. They also do the same to lambs, they will kill 4 or 5 and just leave them in the field without even eating them.

That's actually part of their instinct. They would usually return later to take the rest because they cannot take all at once, but of course the farmer removes them before they have the chance.
Original post by james22
That's actually part of their instinct. They would usually return later to take the rest because they cannot take all at once, but of course the farmer removes them before they have the chance.

There are plenty of other animals which kill for pleasure, the bottle nosed dolphin and the lion to name but a few.
Reply 7
There are plenty of other animals which kill for pleasure, the bottle nosed dolphin and the lion to name but a few.

I've never heard of lions killing for fun, but dolphins definately do. I think chimps do as well.
Original post by james22
I've never heard of lions killing for fun, but dolphins definately do. I think chimps do as well.

Lions kill the mother's cubs so it gives them more time for sexy time. Chimps most defiantly do.
Reply 9
Lions kill the mother's cubs so it gives them more time for sexy time. Chimps most defiantly do.

i wouldn't consider that killing for fun though. It's definately a bit psychopathic, but it is for a very real reason (to produce your own offspring).
They're animals...they aren't as complicated as us thus deemed inferior in every possible way.

We are above them and always will be. If you disagree, you're a joker.
Original post by james22
i wouldn't consider that killing for fun though. It's definately a bit psychopathic, but it is for a very real reason (to produce your own offspring).

They kill their own offspring as well as others. To gain pleasure from the females.
Reply 12
I don't think it is acceptable for humans to kill animals for trivial reasons. I see killing animals (ignoring social consequences) as the same as killing mentally handicapped humans.
Original post by miser
I don't think it is acceptable for humans to kill animals for trivial reasons. I see killing animals (ignoring social consequences) as the same as killing mentally handicapped humans.

So you're a vegetarian then?

I think you mean the males will kill offspring which isn't theirs as they can pose a threat to them later in life and also want their own genes to continue and not others.
It's totally acceptable for animals to kill humans, for animals. I'm sure animals would be just as shocked that humans think it's acceptable to kill them.
Such an anthropocentric viewpoint to say that "only animal rights groups acknowledge this".
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Why is acceptable for Humans to Kill Animals but not the other way around?

It's not.

For fun it's sick.
For sport it's lazy.
For fashion it's vein.
For food it's selfish and convenient.
Original post by DarkWhite
It's not.

For fun it's sick.
For sport it's lazy.
For fashion it's vein.
For food it's selfish and convenient.

Why is it selfish?
Original post by CryptoidAlien
We kill animals all over the world for fun, sport, fashion, food. Yet if the reverse happend it's a 'shame' and a tragedy.

I almost wonder what if animals could
talk, what would they have to say about how they're treated by us Humans?

Animals are opressed by humans entirely and only animal rights group aconowledges this..

Animal rights activists are amazing in that they campaign to stop cures for illnesses, reduce economic activity and worsen the living conditions of animals whilst claiming to represent the rights of animals. Laughable.
Original post by Jingers

Well that's just simply not the case. I've seen pet cats that will kill birds, mice etc. for the hell of it and not eat them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending