The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath Bursary

I am in the process of applying for a bursary at University of Bath, I meet the requirements for the £3000 bursary and I was just wondering if everyone who applies and meets the requirement gets the bursary or does the university randomly pick people to receive the bursary?
there's a few other bits and pieces you have to send in, like proof of requirements (mine was working tax credits / child benefits) and also a 300 character section you have to write to describe your aspiration and what it will mean for you to get this cash. Once you go through the procedures for applying you'll see it.
Unless of course I've misclicked somewhere. I hope I haven't.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by abc168
I am in the process of applying for a bursary at University of Bath, I meet the requirements for the £3000 bursary and I was just wondering if everyone who applies and meets the requirement gets the bursary or does the university randomly pick people to receive the bursary?

Hi abc168,

The University of Bath bursary will be awarded to all incoming students who meet our criteria. In your application tracker, under the 'My funding application details' section, you'll be able to answer questions and upload evidence about your eligibility for the bursary. There is an unlimited number of bursaries available.

You also have the chance to write a statement to apply for the income-related scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available and the allocation of these will be based on meeting certain criteria and also your supporting statement.

Hope that helps!

Joe
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi abc168,

The University of Bath bursary will be awarded to all incoming students who meet our criteria. In your application tracker, under the 'My funding application details' section, you'll be able to answer questions and upload evidence about your eligibility for the bursary. There is an unlimited number of bursaries available.

You also have the chance to write a statement to apply for the income-related scholarships. There are a limited number of scholarships available and the allocation of these will be based on meeting certain criteria and also your supporting statement.

Hope that helps!

Joe

My son has applied for the income-related scholarship because we have a low household income and also come from an area with the lowest participation in higher education. If he is unsuccessful will he be considered for The University of Bath Bursary? Is there any difference in the amount of assistance? Thanks for reading.
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
My son has applied for the income-related scholarship because we have a low household income and also come from an area with the lowest participation in higher education. If he is unsuccessful will he be considered for The University of Bath Bursary? Is there any difference in the amount of assistance? Thanks for reading.

Joe (University of Bath Rep), can you help with this question?

Hi there,

The University of Bath bursaries are awarded before the scholarships. Therefore, if your son is eligible for a bursary, then he will be receiving one. If you are from an area with low participation in higher education (POLAR quintiles 1-3), have a household income as assessed by the Student Loans Company of £20,000 or below and he is an eligible UK student on an eligible course (full-time, campus based undergraduate), then he will receive the £3,000 bursary.

If he is not eligible for this, then he will then be considered for the income-related scholarships as long as he has written the supporting statement for these, has a household income of £42,620 or below and achieved a minimum of AAB at A-Level or equivalent.

Hope that helps!
Joe
Original post by University Of Bath
Hi there,

The University of Bath bursaries are awarded before the scholarships. Therefore, if your son is eligible for a bursary, then he will be receiving one. If you are from an area with low participation in higher education (POLAR quintiles 1-3), have a household income as assessed by the Student Loans Company of £20,000 or below and he is an eligible UK student on an eligible course (full-time, campus based undergraduate), then he will receive the £3,000 bursary.

If he is not eligible for this, then he will then be considered for the income-related scholarships as long as he has written the supporting statement for these, has a household income of £42,620 or below and achieved a minimum of AAB at A-Level or equivalent.

Hope that helps!
Joe

Thanks Joe,
He's actually eligible for both, but I think the scholarship is a higher amount so here's hoping he gets that one. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
Reply 7
Thanks Joe,
He's actually eligible for both, but I think the scholarship is a higher amount so here's hoping he gets that one. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

They are the same amount. £3k per year. AFAIK anyway

Quick Reply

Latest