The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jenniferann232
So scared about going back to uni :frown: I had friendship problems last year (verging on bullying) and I spent most weekends at home rather than at uni. I went through a rubbish patch with anxiety as well and I've only just started to come out of it a bit but I know it will just happen again, I've been like this since I was 14 :/

I tried to fit into a new group of friends at the very end of last year but having to go back now and hang out with new people is scary. Also we get our first patients next week and that's scary too, what if I forget something? I know I'm only a student but it's all just hit me and I really, really don't want to go back. I don't want anyone to hurt me anymore :frown: meeeeehhhhh

:hugs: I know it's tough getting hurt by people and having to just go on with life and risk getting hurt again, but trust me it's better than hiding away and not letting anyone in!

Have you been in contact with the new friends much over the holidays? If there's someone you've been closer to then maybe confide in them about feeling nervous? :console:

Original post by Meaty_man
I meant to talk to you about it but i've been busy and stressed and stuffs x_x Pictures here http://hamsterhideout.com/forum/topic/96347-two-new-syrians-sugarcube-and-caramel/

And yeah i think i will, she also managed to get out of ANOTHER cage yesterday, she's so acrobatic >_> She's absolutely lovely but a right handful! Caramel is the lively mum, and sugarcube is her quiet daughter, with a lighter coat.

SO CUTE. By the way preloved has tons of second-hand hamster cages if you want to look on there, and also Hamster Central does a useful thread of decent cages appearing on ebay and stuff. :smile:

PM me if you want a chat about anything. :jumphug:

Original post by Team_McDreamy
all moved into uni! loving my room too, its off the path so i won't get woken up by drunk people late at night, and overlooks a lake and a field! and my neighbours are also returning students so i'm not the grumpy third year among freshers :biggrin:

Sounds perfect! :biggrin:
Original post by ScaryScience
Thanks for the suggestion - it's not something I had considered. What does that really involve? Would I have to pay? Tbh my current plan is to go to uni and just completely avoid the services and go it alone. Their incompetence knocked me massively and I'm tired of going through the same loop, and being let down.

It'd probably be someone from a voluntary organisation, like Mind, and it's just someone who'll help you out if you need to fill in forms and things, or attend appointments with you and stuff. The real benefit is that they'll be absolutely on your side, even if it might not be in what some people would view as your best interests, if it's what you want consistently then they'll fight for you to get the treatment/lack of treatment that you want. Better explanation on Mind. :smile: I think that since you've been messed around so much and trusting 'official' people might be an issue, having someone on your side who you know definitely cares and is working to help you might be useful.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I know it's tough getting hurt by people and having to just go on with life and risk getting hurt again, but trust me it's better than hiding away and not letting anyone in!

Have you been in contact with the new friends much over the holidays? If there's someone you've been closer to then maybe confide in them about feeling nervous? :biggrin:

I haven't spoken to this much new group much but then I don't speak to many of my friends at uni over the holidays. A few of my housemates know and most of my home friends know and another friend from uni knows and also this new group know as well. I didn't help myself last year by drifting away from people but I explained any problems I was having to them and they didn't seem to really care that much still. But then maybe they just didn't understand.
Original post by Sabertooth
I love Caramel's ears! :h: The first picture of her is incredibly cute.

Yeah she's very friendly, just a right rascal :tongue:

Original post by Odd socks
OMG THEYRE SO CUTEEEEE

Posted from TSR Mobile

When my neighbour offered me to adopt them, i pretty much couldn't say no when i saw them x]

Original post by SweetNothing
They're adorable!

Thank yoou, i love em loads already :3

SO CUTE. By the way preloved has tons of second-hand hamster cages if you want to look on there, and also Hamster Central does a useful thread of decent cages appearing on ebay and stuff. :smile:

Thanks, i'll give em a look tonight :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
hmmmm, drinking + withdrawal? anybody got experience? so far only had two cans of lager and already feeling quite tipsy :colondollar:
Original post by alexs2602
Having to take more and more to get the same effect and the tolerance level not returning from my experience. And I don't want to build up a dependence on benzos. A benzo dependence is dangerous. I like them when I'm really anxious, stressed, need to sleep, just to chill but they're not riskfree.

The best treatment I've heard of is a combination of things. Light therapy, melatonin, modafinil can help stay awake, sleep hygiene, diet. I'm starting to cut down on sugary drinks.

I'm a deep sleeper and I'm pretty rotten if I get woken before I've had enough. Probably a bit undisciplined too tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hate taking sides but I agree with the paragraph thing that others have pointed out and you mentioned the support thing. Sometimes YOU have to be one to reply to others first before they reply to you? That's just my opinion anyway.

I don't know anything about benzo's I have to say :/ I sorted my sleep problems out with taking Mirtazapine. Could you take them sporadically? So you could sleep somedays but not take them enough for yourself to build up a tolerance? There are somethings you've mentioned there that you have control over? Such as the sugary drinks, your diet and the sleep hygiene? Maybe focus on those variables since you're actually able to alter them?
It'd probably be someone from a voluntary organisation, like Mind, and it's just someone who'll help you out if you need to fill in forms and things, or attend appointments with you and stuff. The real benefit is that they'll be absolutely on your side, even if it might not be in what some people would view as your best interests, if it's what you want consistently then they'll fight for you to get the treatment/lack of treatment that you want. Better explanation on Mind. :smile: I think that since you've been messed around so much and trusting 'official' people might be an issue, having someone on your side who you know definitely cares and is working to help you might be useful.

Thanks for the info :hugs:
ED

Spoiler

Original post by Team_McDreamy
hmmmm, drinking + withdrawal? anybody got experience? so far only had two cans of lager and already feeling quite tipsy :colondollar:

Eat something, to soak up some of the booze :colone:
Haven't started a 1500 word essay that's due Monday and I have a super painful infection in my foot that feels like somebody is stabbing me with needles when I put any weight on it. And I have an ear infection too.

*flails*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho

:hugs:
Original post by Planckton
:hugs:

And a sore legs day :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
And a sore legs day :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

aw man :frown: what's getting you down? (MH wise)

What's stopping you from having one? :smile:
aw man :frown: what's getting you down? (MH wise)

Being happy smiley talkative panda all day everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy
What's stopping you from having one? :smile:

Babysitting/ spending time with my mum. I may get half of wednesday off but all of thursday
Walked 3 miles yesterday pushing a pram, spent all day today around people, pushing the pram tomorrow walking ages being around people, probs walk 4 or 5 miles monday pushing the pram... So shattered!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Being happy smiley talkative panda all day everyday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really takes it out of you doesn't it!! Getting any time to yourself? Remember to try and get some, gotta put yourself first sometimes
Really takes it out of you doesn't it!! Getting any time to yourself? Remember to try and get some, gotta put yourself first sometimes

Get night times, generally spend most of that time on facetime to my partner. Gone from living with him to not seeing him is hard but i get to see my family and nephew!

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was 12 I prayed to god for a certain thing to happen. It happened but I ignored it. A few days ago, I reflected on this thing and decided I can't ignore it anymore. I can't think of any explanation other than god which puts an atheist like me in an awkward position. However, if there is a god how can I reconcile that with hearing voices and being paranoid and depressed? I don't get that bit.

Anyway, onto my question. Is anyone here religious and how do you feel about god giving you a mental illness?

Imma quote in the only member that I know is religious (hope she doesn't mind) but I'd appreciate anyone's input really.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
QFA

TLG I'd really appreciate how you answer this question, but we can take it to PMs if you prefer (or not answer me at all if I'm being rudely imposing).
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest