The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by give me info
It was edexcel R.E and it moved up 6 ums A to A*, now I'm just waiting for eng lit fingers crossed.

That's great, good luck for English lit:smile:
Hi all

For my IGCSE History I was 1 mark off a C. I am therefore going to request a remark.

How likely do you think the grade will go up to a C? (I know it's hard to tell as you've not seen my paper lol)
I'm 5 ums off an A* in ocr english lit. My grades were A*, A, B in the exams and A* in the ca. The likelihood of my grade going down is quite slim as I am 18 ums into the A boundary. Should I request a remark?
Original post by Jaylene
I'm 5 ums off an A* in ocr english lit. My grades were A*, A, B in the exams and A* in the ca. The likelihood of my grade going down is quite slim as I am 18 ums into the A boundary. Should I request a remark?

Go for it, I would be very surprised if it went all the way down to a B. You have nothing to loose:smile:
I'm two marks off an A* in OCR 21st Century Biology. All of my exams and coursework was marked at A* apart from one exam which I got an A in. I've heard a lot of bad rumours about OCR marking. Should I request a remark?
I should re-mark my Physics Unit 2. Its the only exam i flopped. Got a high C.

But srsly.. i swr i thought i smashed Physics :colondollar:
hey I am 3 UMS off of an A in aqa biology and was wondering if anyone could offer any advice. My breakdown ( I did triple science) was 79,79 and 74 in each unit. Should i ask for a remark in the lowest or in all 3? I am unsure as what to do as if i remark all 3 some may go up and some down. Any advice?
I missed out on a place at a sixth form grammar school due to an overall C grade in OCR English Language. I needed a minimum B grade for both entry and subject requirements. My projected grade was an A, so I'm really disappointed. If I request a remark, I won't get the results until the end of September at the earliest. Is there anyway of getting a remark sooner?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Vionar
Yeah, now I need to fill in the forms :frown:

can you find the forms on their website or did you go to your school office to get it?
Original post by Elhamm
can you find the forms on their website or did you go to your school office to get it?

We were given them with our results, I don't know about other schools though :smile:
remark successful :thumbsup:
Just sent my AQA English lit papers off for remark since I was 2 UMS off an A*. Do you think I should get my history remarked? I was 8 UMS off an A* and it was because I got a C in the coursework...
I requested a remark for AQA English Language as i was 2 marks off an A* however I got my remark back and i dropped 22 UMS which meant i was 1 mark close to getting a B overall when i was only 2 marks off an A*!! Is it possible for the school to get my script back to see my whole paper?
(edited 9 years ago)
Remarked the edexcel igcse physics and my grade changed from A to A*. haha:yep:
I would like to encourage all people to remark their papers if they were 1-2 marks off from the next grade!
Good luck!!:smile:
Original post by DannyBoyMorrison
I requested a remark for AQA English Language as i was 2 marks off an A* however I got my remark back and i dropped 22 UMS which meant i was 1 mark close to getting a B overall when i was only 2 marks off an A*!! Is it possible for the school to get my script back to see my whole paper?

That is ridiculous, speak to you school, they will probably complain to the exam board
Reply 375
Was 6 UMS marks off a B in GCSE Geography, but my teacher says that the UMS marks are different to actual marks in the paper, so he says that they will only need to find 4 marks in 2 papers. How likely do you think it is for them to find 4 marks in 2 papers? :confused:
Original post by emmurz
Was 6 UMS marks off a B in GCSE Geography, but my teacher says that the UMS marks are different to actual marks in the paper, so he says that they will only need to find 4 marks in 2 papers. How likely do you think it is for them to find 4 marks in 2 papers? :confused:

I recently got my geography remark and even though I only needed 4 UMS (3 raw marks) more to get an A*, my whole paper ended up going by 17 UMS!!! It was insane. I'd say it's very likely your marks will go up IF you felt the exam went better than what was reflected in your grade. I'd also advise sending off a paper at a time to rule out the devastating risk of one paper going up, the other going down, and your overall mark staying the same :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 377
Original post by tanyapotter
I recently got my geography remark and even though I only needed 4 UMS (3 raw marks) more to get an A*, my whole paper ended up going by 17 UMS!!! It was insane. I'd say it's very likely your marks will go up IF you felt the exam went better than what was reflected in your grade. I'd also advise sending off a paper at a time to rule out the devastating risk of one paper going up, the other going down, and your overall mark staying the same :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg what!! 17 marks, thats great!!!, i really do hope mine will move up too but i'm not sure about sending off a paper at a time because my schools sending it off so i'm not sure how they do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

congratz man

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did it go up or down by 17 UMS?
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest