The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kabloomybuzz
I have a theory - more of an instinct, that Missy is going to be (or at the very least have something to do with) River Song, that heaven is some version of the computer that she is "saved into"

Thats my instinct, could be totally wrong, any advances?

That was one of my ideas - the other idea I had was that she's the clone of the doctor

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cupcakes87
:tongue:hew: sos for the late reply! i went to eat! see! today i held off eating so i could watch doctor who! (i hope im forgiven now! :colondollar:)

oh dear!!!!! have they learned their lesson? :s-smilie:

yeah!!! the whole inside the dalek is such a dark concept in itself! ive never actually imagined that! i always assumed it was like an armour for it!

hmm! deffo into the dalek! i liked the whole concept of a good dalek! its odd! and when it said its founf the truth! :rofl: its seemed like such a delicate creature! i drew fond of rusty! :daydreaming:

i did really like deep breath! it really opened up the whole character of the doctor!!! :biggrin: im sooo loving Capaldi! he is soo not a disappointment! :woo:

ahhaha!!!! my sig lool!!! i really want that gif! :colonhash: someone make it please! :gah:

she does remind me of river!!!! i really wanna know who she is!!! :holmes:

i like her character but soo mysterious!!!!

Pre reboot it was just a suit of armour since the first doc once hid in a Dalek unit in a museum but its likely the Time War made the Daleks get upgraded as pre war they could be beaten by conventional weapons sometimes and now have shields etc.
That was one of the best episodes I've seen, better than most of series 7 and so far of series 8 :biggrin: Really enjoyed an actual adventure rather than brooding about, reminds me of series 5, especially the Vampires of Venice episode.

Mark Gatiss can write brilliant episodes:congrats:
:daydreaming: Eeeeeeeeeeeee ehehehehehhe squee loved it :biggrin:
Reply 3684
Original post by Maid Marian
:daydreaming: Eeeeeeeeeeeee ehehehehehhe squee loved it :biggrin:

Spoiler

Better than I expected. :yep: This series has been great so far.
I was very pleasantly surprised by that. Definitely better than most of the S7 episodes. Reminded me of the Robin Hood TV series, can't think why though :rolleyes:.
(edited 9 years ago)
It was okay, not great but not awful. Trailer for next week looks terrifying. Luckily I've got the bf over next weekend to snuggle up to.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by getfunky!
That was one of the best episodes I've seen, better than most of series 7 and so far of series 8 :biggrin: Really enjoyed an actual adventure rather than brooding about, reminds me of series 5, especially the Vampires of Venice episode.

Mark Gatiss can write brilliant episodes:congrats:

I enjoyed it, although I'm not quite full of the unbounded praise you are :biggrin:
Original post by greeneyedgirl
It was okay, not great but not awful. Trailer for next week looks terrifying. Luckily I've got the bf over next weekend to snuggle up to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might skip next week...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree! Two was fantastic, but three was definitely just okay. It was a really fun episode, but I think it was a little bit TOO lighthearted! It cheapened the plot a great deal.

I've not been a big fan of the past "scary" episodes, but fingers crossed for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did the golden arrow thing work?
Last week's episode was much better, nothing that happened in this episode moved me. I don't think we learned much about the Doctor from this episode at all (save that he's stubbornly attached to his preconceptions, but we knew that much already). Also, how did the Doctor get his screwdriver back?
Original post by dire wolf
how did the golden arrow thing work?

The spaceship needed gold. It didn't have enough (apparently). The golden arrow meant the spaceship had enough gold to get a little bit further away from the earth. :smile:

I don't really understand why a gold crazed organisation would give away a golden arrow, but nevermind...
Felt that this episode was better than the previous 2. Is anyone else noticing the amount of Game of Thrones actors in the past 3 episodes (ironically we're 3 for 3 in deaths).
Original post by fluteflute
I enjoyed it, although I'm not quite full of the unbounded praise you are :biggrin:

:getmecoat: read through the thread, the usual split opinions.

I've just felt disappointed with the show during most of series 7 and the first two episodes of series 8. Capaldi seemed funnier and spent less time wondering whether he is good/bad.

We didn't see Missy this episode - maybe she's the Rani(?), she has a similar look to the old character, and was a Time Lord villain.. now that Gallifrey has returned, maybe its villains are back as well:iiam:
tonight's episode was better than I thought it would be tbh, when I saw the trailer I was worried it would be completely naff :tongue:

but I was surprised how good it was at times, the interplay between the Doctor and Robin was done well, more exploration of who the doctor is through Robin Hood (they are both "hero's" but don't think of themselves that way necessarily, they both carry burdens, they both wonder at the end how they will be remembered), another hint as to the end of the series too with "the promised land" the robots are looking for.

some of it was a bit cliche/cringey though, it was good but not on the level of the first two episodes imo, definitely not as good as the Dalek episode, but a solid effort even so.
Reply 3696

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty much this.
And super glad my mattress is on the floor so there's no space for anything to hide underneath it :afraid:

I'll be sleeping on a bed next weekend though :erm:

Also, no Missy :holmes:
Original post by Aula
Pretty much this.
And super glad my mattress is on the floor so there's no space for anything to hide underneath it :afraid:

even though Missy wasn't in it they still did the foreshadowing cause on the robot ship it says their destination is "the promised land" like with the robots in the first episode :smile:
Original post by fluteflute
I might skip next week...

Sensible :yep:

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I agree! Two was fantastic, but three was definitely just okay. It was a really fun episode, but I think it was a little bit TOO lighthearted! It cheapened the plot a great deal.

I've not been a big fan of the past "scary" episodes, but fingers crossed for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah could have been a much better episode although I did enjoy all the references and even similar costumes to Disney's Robin Hood. Also cba with Doctor and Robin Hood arguing like little boys, enough "I've got a bigger dick" already :rolleyes:

Original post by Aula
Pretty much this.

Crap my bed is really high off the ground (to the extend that if I hang my legs over the side they don't touch the floor :eek:

Yeah could have been a much better episode although I did enjoy all the references and even similar costumes to Disney's Robin Hood. Also cba with Doctor and Robin Hood arguing like little boys, enough "I've got a bigger dick" already :rolleyes:

I really enjoyed the cock measuring contest. Not something we would have gotten with previous incarnations of the doctor and these sorts of confrontation help expand the character. Fortunately, it's been done now, so they won't have to write it into the script again! Would just be tedious a second time round.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending