The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Original post by tsr1269
Your first sentence doesn't make sense.

You seem to not understand the difference between immigration following the conquering of a region and abusing the hospitality of the natives through mass illegal immigration and terrorism.

It's not the first time a supporter of the SS has failed to appreciate that fact....

Yes it did. Anyway, refer back to my first post as to why you're not worth responding to. You got a chance to discuss things intelligently and respectfully with me, and failed dismally to take it.
Original post by tsr1269
Well, you can't pick and choose whom you want democracy extended to? That would be undemocratic...

I stated that the SS came as a result of mass illegal immigration and acts of terrorism by certain Jews...

Uhm, yes we can. (Or rather, America can.) It is not democratic to stand by and allow an oppressive undemocratic theocracy to develop - as would surely be the case.

And we can debate for hours over the turn of events that led to the UN making Israel a Jewish state. It was clearly an extreme example of imperialism, but whether terrorism was involved is debatable. What is known though is that many Arabs valued Jewish immigration into what was a barren desolate region, and were more than happy to accept the generous offers made for their land.

We do have to remember, that of the Palestinians who'd move into Israel (if it was replaced by a state of Palestine), very few actually occupied the land prior to 1948. A very small proportion indeed. In fact, of the 700,000 or so Arabs that fled Palestine, the number still alive today would surely be in the tens of thousands, if that.

On the other hand, there are around 6 million Jews in Israel - all of whom would be forced out. 6 million people made homeless.

There's no easy solution to this. Maybe we should just 'give it back' to the Romans.. :P
Original post by user1150
MR ISRAELI, we all know what you really want to hear 'let the jews have it all, one state' the end.

I'm not Israeli. But I am a supporter of democracy, equal rights and religious freedoms, and so I suppose I have a vested interest in that respect.

And, perhaps surprisingly for you, in theory I support a two-state solution. However in practise it would never work, because of the fact that Muslims so heavily outnumber Jews, in the region of 100:1. If Jews are to continue living in their homeland (or the Middle East in general,) Israel needs to exist.

By the way some talk about it, it's as if Israel comprises the bulk of the Middle East. In actual fact though, it takes up some 0.1% of the area of that region.
No, the so called "Jews" should live under Palestinian rule. If they don't like it they can go back to Europe or North America.
Original post by al_94
No, the so called "Jews" should live under Palestinian rule. If they don't like it they can go back to Europe or North America.

Just like how the muslim population should live under british rule in the UK, under british values and principles, not trying to impose your ideals into every aspect of our way of life. If you don't like it you know where the door is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
the israelis did not kidnap them and hold them for ransom and then behead them with a knife.
this is nothing alike the deaths of journalists at the hands of isis.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by broscience123
Israel Killed 7 Journalists During The Gaza Massacre, Where's The Outrage?

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/news/middle-east/13939-palestinian-media-body-calls-for-investigation-into-israels-targeting-of-journalists-in-gaza

Everyone knows the names of James Foley and Steven Sotloff, but how many people know the names of the journalists which were killed by Israel?

Because they wern't decapitated on a video which went viral worldwide.
Sounds more like indiscriminate bombing rather than deliberate beheading released on video.
those journalists were killed in an israeli airstrike against hamas, meaning they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. they were not deliberatley targeted by israel

do yourself a favour and delete this thread and save yourself embarressment
Israel said they were going to bomb Gaza locations with Hamas missiles. Journalists know the risk of being in an area designated for bombardment. However regarding ISIS they have been known to cross the border into Turkey and kidnap journalists from the refugee camps.

ISIS have kidnapped more journalists, way more than Israel have killed. So tell me who is worse now because these prisoners are obviously being tortured and all await public execution(well unless a ransom is payed to which will be used to kidnap 100 more people).
(edited 9 years ago)
Israelis generally aren't Muslims, so the media doesn't want to make them look bad, obviously.
Original post by The Right
Just like how the muslim population should live under british rule in the UK, under british values and principles, not trying to impose your ideals into every aspect of our way of life. If you don't like it you know where the door is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They do live under British rule? Everyone in this country does. It also looks as if you are trying to suggest that muslims don't deserve the same human rights as the rest of us, why?
Good to see the ISIS support fanboys in action.😨
Original post by caravaggio2
Good to see the ISIS support fanboys in action.������

Ah yes, having a concern for journalists who have been ruthlessly killed means you are an ISIS fanboy? Ohhh boy, this logic hurts.
Original post by broscience123
Nice bro, that's the sort of comment I expected from someone who supports a terrorist organisation (IDF). Obviously the death of innocent people mean nothing to you.

I honestly doubt you really care, any negative thing israel do is just ammunition for you to spam the forum with. Also, I don't support the IDF.
Original post by Benjobox
Oh yes, that'd be marvellous wouldn't it. The Jews would soon be heavily outnumbered and Hamas would be 'elected' to govern the state. This would mean waving goodbye to liberal democracy, to gay rights, to women's rights and to religious freedoms.

We'd have yet another Jew-hating terrorist-controlled Arab country to wage war on America.

Oh it'd be bliss.

So what do you suggest?
Original post by samba
Yes it did. Anyway, refer back to my first post as to why you're not worth responding to. You got a chance to discuss things intelligently and respectfully with me, and failed dismally to take it.

Your loss.
Original post by Benjobox
Uhm, yes we can. (Or rather, America can.) It is not democratic to stand by and allow an oppressive undemocratic theocracy to develop - as would surely be the case.

The people have spoken. The will of the people must be observed.

Oh wait...You don't like democracy in that circumstance? What a shame! :rolleyes:

And we can debate for hours over the turn of events that led to the UN making Israel a Jewish state. It was clearly an extreme example of imperialism, but whether terrorism was involved is debatable. What is known though is that many Arabs valued Jewish immigration into what was a barren desolate region, and were more than happy to accept the generous offers made for their land.

Did "many Arabs value" a Jewish State?

We do have to remember, that of the Palestinians who'd move into Israel (if it was replaced by a state of Palestine), very few actually occupied the land prior to 1948. A very small proportion indeed. In fact, of the 700,000 or so Arabs that fled Palestine, the number still alive today would surely be in the tens of thousands, if that.

There are an estimated 5 million Palestinian refugees.

On the other hand, there are around 6 million Jews in Israel - all of whom would be forced out. 6 million people made homeless.

Can a squatter cry wolf when he is kicked out of the house he is occupying?

There's no easy solution to this. Maybe we should just 'give it back' to the Romans.. :P

That would just be stupid. We should give it back to those whose people who were subjected to mass illegal immigration and acts of terrorism.
In this country there are paedophiles (bear with me on this one) and some of those are Christian, some are Muslim, some are atheist and some are Jewish. Criticising and highlighting the activities of paedophiles is, of course, an entirely reasonable activity to engage in. But suppose someone established an organisation whose focus was exclusively and entirely on Muslim paedophiles. They ignored or minimised the paedophilia of any other group and focused entirely on the paedophilia of Muslims and exaggerated their crimes. I think we might rightly conclude that the founders and members of that organisation were rather more interested in spreading hate of Muslims than in stopping paedophilia.

I think this thread (and many many others) is a lot like that.
Original post by tsr1269
The people have spoken. The will of the people must be observed.

Oh wait...You don't like democracy in that circumstance? What a shame! :rolleyes:

Did "many Arabs value" a Jewish State?

There are an estimated 5 million Palestinian refugees.

Can a squatter cry wolf when he is kicked out of the house he is occupying?

That would just be stupid. We should give it back to those whose people who were subjected to mass illegal immigration and acts of terrorism.

Wow, jeez, you need to educate yourself on the concept of democracy. Hamas, whilst allegedly winning an election in Gaza 8 years ago, are not democratic in any sense of the word. Its about far more than claiming a victory in a dubious election, on the basis of a wicked, vicious and untruth-ridden campaign.

How many Palestinians are there alive who lived in the Land of Israel prior to 1948? The answer is very few - and certainly trivial compared to the number of Israeli Jews who'd be forced out.

You're posting utter nonsense. The Jews are no more squatters than the Palestinians were, or in fact the Romans were. If we're serious about giving the land back to its 'rightful owner,' we need to go far further back..

Latest