The Student Room Group

In a major pickle.

Cutting to the chase; went out last night and my bestfriend cheated on his girlfriend. He was getting off with a girl for about 20 minutes. Afterwards he said 'what happens in the club, stays in the club.'
I don't know what to do! I'm good friends with his girlfriend. Do I tell her or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Keep quiet would be my advice. From what I've seen there is little credit from being the bearer of bad news
Original post by Baloney
Cutting to the chase; went out last night and my bestfriend cheated on his girlfriend. He was getting off with a girl for about 20 minutes. Afterwards he said 'what happens in the club, stays in the club.'
I don't know what to do! I'm good friends with his girlfriend. Do I tell her or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whatever happened to the bro code?

It sounds like you're trying to make a move on his gf.

Keep your lips firmly sealed.
Been in this situation and I didn't say nothing. I don't regret it coz it's not my place.

Talk to your bro and if he does it again then perhaps threaten to tell
If you are close with his girlfriend and respect her I'd tell her personally, your friend sounds like an utter ****. Maybe tell him if he doesn't tell her you will because she deserves respect and honesty.
Sounds to me like it's probably not the first time, with that attitude. I'd tell her, because if I were in that position I'd be heartbroken to know that my boyfriend doesn't really respect me or our relationship. It might hurt, but it's better than being with someone who will make excuses to cheat. I'd also be angry about having a friend who knew but didn't tell me. You will lose him as a friend though, but that would be pretty selfish concern considering how it's not about you, but I'm just letting you know.
Reply 6
Don't breathe a word to his girlfriend. I would hate to be that girl because I have been that girl once (his girlfriend) but, it's what it is.
Original post by Baloney

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell her.

The guy's a douchenozzle, don't be an accomplice to his douchebaggery.

Original post by Henry Cavill.
Whatever happened to the bro code?

It sounds like you're trying to make a move on his gf.

Keep your lips firmly sealed.

The only real use for the bro code is to let people know who to avoid like the plague.

I.e anyone stupid enough to reference the bro code.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Baloney

Come on, it's your best friend, he's in the wrong but you've got to be loyal.

I'd never cheat on my girlfriend, but I'd be very pissed off if I did and any of my friends snitched.
Original post by Mankytoes
Come on, it's your best friend, he's in the wrong but you've got to be loyal.

I'd never cheat on my girlfriend, but I'd be very pissed off if I did and any of my friends snitched.

Loyalty to those who deserve it.

Scumbags like that most certainly don't.
who were you friends with first and whose friendship do you value most? id probably tell the girl myself
If you've got a problem, then tell him. Don't go behind his back, tell the gf and instigate a big bunch of ****e. That would make you a first-class bitch and you'll forever be seen as THAT guy.
Reply 12
Personally wouldn't be telling the girlfriend brah, you'll get yourself balls deep in a bad situation that you might not be able to recover from.

The guy is your friend though and friends aren't just there to comfort each other all the time. Sometimes you gotta be the bad guy and set a bro straight to prevent him from ****ing his life up in the future.

Tell him that he shouldn't be cheating on his girlfriend with other hoes because its unfair to the wench, assure him that you won't say anything but advise him to stop doing it in the future, being a douche bag 'aint cool, weather in the club or not - nomsayin'?
ASK yourself: If it had been you and your gf cheated, would you like to know?
If I was you I'd tell her or at least hint it. I would definitely want to know and he doesn't even seem to be guilty so he's a douche. She deserves better tbh.
Confront your friend, try and get him to fess up to his girlfriend. Tell him that if he doesn't, you will. And don't back down!
Original post by DasSnipez
Loyalty to those who deserve it.

Scumbags like that most certainly don't.

He said he's his best mate, so he's clearly deserved some loyalty.

Go behind your best friends back because he kissed another girl; to me, that's being a **** friend. You know nothing about him, he's done one bad thing.
Should keep it shtum. Bros before hoes. (Depending if your actually good friends) otherwise just tell the girl and make the transfer from being the shoulder to cry on to the dick to ride on for her
Original post by Baloney

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd suggest you find a new club.
Reply 18
Original post by Baloney

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say this decision is up to you, depends how strong a relationship you have with either of them and how much you want to deal with the potential fallout on both sides.

Maybe you could have a talk with him and tell him to end his relationship with her or you will. Another option would be to have a hypothetical conversation with her pretend you are talking about some other girl you know and ask her if it was you in this situation would you want to know ? ( Careful with such a conversation though if you are not good at hiding it she could guess it's her you are talking about) Just to see how she would reacts to it, this will be either an incentive to tell her or an incentive to keep it quiet.

If you are truly good friends with her though and you were to tell her I could not understand how she would not be happy, it would show you really care for her as for the guy if he is not really that close with you I say it should not affect you unless he is a nutcase who would look for some sort of revenge.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mankytoes
He said he's his best mate, so he's clearly deserved some loyalty.

Go behind your best friends back because he kissed another girl; to me, that's being a **** friend. You know nothing about him, he's done one bad thing.

Not telling someone that their boyfriend is a **** is being a **** human being which, quite frankly, should trump his "best mate" status.

That's a best mate he obviously doesn't actually know that well if he's so damn shocked by his behaviour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending