The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
When I was 12 I prayed to god for a certain thing to happen. It happened but I ignored it. A few days ago, I reflected on this thing and decided I can't ignore it anymore. I can't think of any explanation other than god which puts an atheist like me in an awkward position. However, if there is a god how can I reconcile that with hearing voices and being paranoid and depressed? I don't get that bit.

Anyway, onto my question. Is anyone here religious and how do you feel about god giving you a mental illness?

Imma quote in the only member that I know is religious (hope she doesn't mind) but I'd appreciate anyone's input really.

TLG I'd really appreciate how you answer this question, but we can take it to PMs if you prefer (or not answer me at all if I'm being rudely imposing).

Im christian, though not practising, and iv genuinly never thought about it.
I dont see it as him punishing me, i guess i see it as everyone has to overcome hurdles in life to test us and our strengths and this is one hurdle... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Im christian, though not practising, and iv genuinly never thought about it.
I dont see it as him punishing me, i guess i see it as everyone has to overcome hurdles in life to test us and our strengths and this is one hurdle... :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the reply, PW. :smile:

I can kinda see where you're coming from with the hurdles idea it's just I don't see why my hurdle is so much higher than some other people's (although I do understand that everyone has things wrong in their life even if they're good at hiding it). And surely a hurdle which practically takes away your free-will isn't really fair?
Reply 2722
Been standing by a river for the last half hour and still don't know what to do....
Original post by samba
Been standing by a river for the last half hour and still don't know what to do....

Could you go home and do something that makes you feel good? Ice cream and a good movie perhaps?
I've realised what I want to do with my life, I just need to be allowed to go back to university.
Reply 2725
Original post by Sabertooth
Could you go home and do something that makes you feel good? Ice cream and a good movie perhaps?

Thanks :hugs: Very scary night, but I think the worst is over with for today. No idea why, but I've taken a massive downturn lately :/

Original post by SweetNothing
I've realised what I want to do with my life, I just need to be allowed to go back to university.

Why wouldn't you be allowed to go back to uni? And what do you want to do :smile:
Original post by samba
Thanks :hugs: Very scary night, but I think the worst is over with for today. No idea why, but I've taken a massive downturn lately :/

Why wouldn't you be allowed to go back to uni? And what do you want to do :smile:

:console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba

Because i've dropped out twice because of my MH issues (but at the time I didn't know about them I thought I was just lazy) so I can't get funded for a third year unless i prove my MH issues and I want to teach :smile:.

P.s I hope you're okay! :hugs:
Because i've dropped out twice because of my MH issues (but at the time I didn't know about them I thought I was just lazy) so I can't get funded for a third year unless i prove my MH issues and I want to teach :smile:.

P.s I hope you're okay! :hugs:

It took my 5 and a half years and 3 unis before I finished my degree and now I'm about to start teacher training (tomorrow eek!). You can do it. I know it's really annoying and frustrating but start gathering evidence to prove your drop out reasons and you'll hopefully be able to keep going.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel disgusting today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Haven't started a 1500 word essay that's due Monday and I have a super painful infection in my foot that feels like somebody is stabbing me with needles when I put any weight on it. And I have an ear infection too.

*flails*

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Mitigating circumstances time, or you just going to blast through it?

You'll find a way. :smile: And it's great that you've figured out what you want to do with your life! :five:

Original post by Odd socks
Feel disgusting today :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: But you're still as awesome as ever. :suith:
Original post by superwolf

You'll find a way. :smile: And it's great that you've figured out what you want to do with your life! :five:

Had an allergic reaction to the sheets in the hotel bed, skin feels all itchy and puffy, must have been the washing powder they used :s-smilie:

Comic con is good though, there's people in awesome costumes, and got a couple of things for my sisters birthday and for myself :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Home. I'm probably going to disappear into computer games for a few days. Wolfie will reply to your PM later when I'm a bit more awake. My dad goes away frotwork tomorrow and my mother won't be home 'til late on Wednesday so that means a few days of quiet that I fully intent to spend in my pjs with my laptop and dog.
Original post by Odd socks
Had an allergic reaction to the sheets in the hotel bed, skin feels all itchy and puffy, must have been the washing powder they used :s-smilie:

Comic con is good though, there's people in awesome costumes, and got a couple of things for my sisters birthday and for myself :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: You've not had the best couple of days health-wise! Are you staying there another night, or heading home later?

Sounds like fun, you'll have to show off to me what you've bought later. :tongue:

Original post by Valvopus
Home. I'm probably going to disappear into computer games for a few days. Wolfie will reply to your PM later when I'm a bit more awake. My dad goes away frotwork tomorrow and my mother won't be home 'til late on Wednesday so that means a few days of quiet that I fully intent to spend in my pjs with my laptop and dog.

Glad you made it home in one piece. :smile:

Just going to power through. It's not formally assessed, just a look at essay writing ability and awareness in the subject so I'm hoping it'd all be okay.
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Just going to power through. It's not formally assessed, just a look at essay writing ability and awareness in the subject so I'm hoping it'd all be okay.

:yy: Good luck with it! :smile:
Original post by Valvopus

Glad you made it home. Have a good few days :hugs:
:console: You've not had the best couple of days health-wise! Are you staying there another night, or heading home later?

Sounds like fun, you'll have to show off to me what you've bought later. :tongue:

Glad you made it home in one piece. :smile:

Haha just bad luck :tongue:

Staying there tonight and heading to see family tomorrow

Will do!

Some of the stuff here is so easy to make, I could easily make these, decided that's something I could start doing, the markup on some of the stuff is ridiculous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stopped citalopram and instantly got my
:sexface: back. Now to find one that doesn't have those side effects. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Stopped citalopram and instantly got my
:sexface: back. Now to find one that doesn't have those side effects. Any ideas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Stay away from SSRIs probably, agomelatine is a good bet for low side-effects but it's generally kept back until you've tried a couple of other antidepressants first. I've not heard of mirtazapine causing sexual side-effects either, but it's pretty sedating and can make you absolutely ravenous (for food, not :sexface:). :tongue:

Enjoy your :sexface:

Latest