The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

has anyone here ever had a math or statistics remark go up?
Original post by Lemonpopsicle2
Did it go up or down by 17 UMS?

Up!! I got the A* I deserved xD Twas a relieving moment ><

edit: i realise i didn't initially specify as i thought i already used the word 'up' in that sentence :') sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tanyapotter
Up!! I got the A* I deserved xD Twas a relieving moment ><

edit: i realise i didn't initially specify as i thought i already used the word 'up' in that sentence :') sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

WOW, brilliant outcome :-)
I recently got my geography remark and even though I only needed 4 UMS (3 raw marks) more to get an A*, my whole paper ended up going by 17 UMS!!! It was insane. I'd say it's very likely your marks will go up IF you felt the exam went better than what was reflected in your grade. I'd also advise sending off a paper at a time to rule out the devastating risk of one paper going up, the other going down, and your overall mark staying the same :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What geography course was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fudgeboy989
What geography course was it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

OCR spec B :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385

Theres no chance my marks will heavily increase now, AQA Specification A :,(
Original post by minimist
Just sent my AQA English lit papers off for remark since I was 2 UMS off an A*. Do you think I should get my history remarked? I was 8 UMS off an A* and it was because I got a C in the coursework...

Hi, do you know the grade boundaries for history, English Lang and lit? It would also be really helpful to know the maximum ums for each unit

I got an A in english language GCSE, but my teacher and I expected me to get an A*. I don't need the higher grade, but it is something I would really like. My UMS score was 269, and an A* needed 270. An A is 240, so I would need to lose 30 points to get a B, which equates to losing 8 raw marks in the exam. I know I could lose the money, but that doesn't bother me, what would is if I got a B. Has anyone had any experience with this or do you if 8 marks is a lot f marks to drop?

Thanks in advance
I achieved an A in AQA GCSE French (full course) and the exams officer told me I am 5 raw marks off an A*. Considering that the writing and speaking components of the exam are a bit more subjective, do you think I should apply for a remark? I know that the read/listening are unlikely to change as they are more objectively or rigidly marked and it's an exam...So....what do people think? I was really disappointed with my A as I worked my ass off. My teacher even said she's a harsh marker but my home tutor for French was a native speaker who proofread it several times and said the writing was perfect? :frown:
Original post by violetta23
I achieved an A in AQA GCSE French (full course) and the exams officer told me I am 5 raw marks off an A*. Considering that the writing and speaking components of the exam are a bit more subjective, do you think I should apply for a remark? I know that the read/listening are unlikely to change as they are more objectively or rigidly marked and it's an exam...So....what do people think? I was really disappointed with my A as I worked my ass off. My teacher even said she's a harsh marker but my home tutor for French was a native speaker who proofread it several times and said the writing was perfect? :frown:

Remark the writing. I've known many cases where the writing has increased by two whole grades. It seems to be that these examiners mark only one piece and double the score, believing that the consistency in both pieces is the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KettleMan
Hi all

For my IGCSE History I was 1 mark off a C. I am therefore going to request a remark.

How likely do you think the grade will go up to a C? (I know it's hard to tell as you've not seen my paper lol)

Remark successful. I now have a C in History. :smile:
Original post by KettleMan
Remark successful. I now have a C in History. :smile:

congratz:smile:
Original post by kingaaran
Remark the writing. I've known many cases where the writing has increased by two whole grades. It seems to be that these examiners mark only one piece and double the score, believing that the consistency in both pieces is the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thing is, she gave me 28/30 and 29/30 respectively, so even if I was awarded full marks for both, that would only give me 3 marks, and I need 2 more for an A*. Do you think my speaking could go up any more too, considering it's a bit more subjective?
Anyone waiting on an AQA English Lit remark to come back?
Original post by DustToDust
Anyone waiting on an AQA English Lit remark to come back?

Yeah me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! Which paper are you getting remarked? and what grade are you hoping for it to come out as?:smile:
Same! Which paper are you getting remarked? and what grade are you hoping for it to come out as?:smile:

I'm getting paper 1 done. I got a B and I'm hoping for an A. It was my only B so as you can imagine I'm pretty keen on getting it bumped up:smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
I'm getting paper 1 done. I got a B and I'm hoping for an A. It was my only B so as you can imagine I'm pretty keen on getting it bumped up:smile: wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm having paper 1 done! I was 1 ums off an A* overall. Really hope you get your A!! My schools have started coming back today so I should have mine either tomorrow or next week:eek: Good luck:smile:
That is ridiculous, speak to you school, they will probably complain to the exam board

Thanks :smile: . But my school isnt like that :/ . Had i dropped a grade then maybe they would have took it further but i doubt they really care.
I'm having paper 1 done! I was 1 ums off an A* overall. Really hope you get your A!! My schools have started coming back today so I should have mine either tomorrow or next week:eek: Good luck:smile:

Thanks! Good luck to you as well, let me know how you get on.

Latest