The Student Room Group

BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science Level 3

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I actually have been told by the course manager that the practicals is done in group however I am not sure if being assessed will be done in groups ( i.e. being filmed at for moderation purpose? <-- Not sure as I am new to BTEC)
I am not very good with practicals you see.....
Reply 181
Do the new rules apply to learners who are already studying BTEC Firsts and
Nationals?
No. We have listened to your feedback and amended the rules to ensure we are being fair
to learners who are already on programme.
As a result, we can confirm that the new assessment rules will only apply to new
learner registrations for courses starting from 1 September 2014.
This means that all BTEC Firsts and Nationals learners who are already part-way through
their programme on 1 September 2014 will complete their course following the
assessment rules and methodology which applied when they started their BTEC course of
study.

As I'm progressing onto 2nd year of my extended diploma, does this mean it won't affect me?
Original post by Rixion
As I'm progressing onto 2nd year of my extended diploma, does this mean it won't affect me?

I'm in the same position as you - It does affect us sadly :frown:
Reply 183
Original post by Serena17
I'm in the same position as you - It does affect us sadly :frown:

are you sure? The article says students topping up to an extended diploma are not included
Original post by Rixion
are you sure? The article says students topping up to an extended diploma are not included

Top of the second page it states that it includes all existing learners who are part-way through a BTEC Firsts and Nationals

http://www.acquaint.me.uk/11.04.04/Data/Changes%20to%20internal%20assessment%20rules%20for%20BTEC%20Firsts%20and%20Nationals%20from%20September%202014.pdf

And just wondering what article were you referring to? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi guys, I have just started doing the BTEC diploma in applied science so I can only get two distinctions at the ends of the two years.
I was just wondering if anybody knew how many pieces of coursework are done in the first year, because I am planning to re-take my AS biology and AS chemistry. I ask because I want to know how much work there will and if I could manage.
Any suggestions would be very helpful.
I'm starting Btec level 3 extended diploma in Applied science (forensics). Should I buy the book, will it cover the forensic modules?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Top of the second page it states that it includes all existing learners who are part-way through a BTEC Firsts and Nationals

http://www.acquaint.me.uk/11.04.04/Data/Changes%20to%20internal%20assessment%20rules%20for%20BTEC%20Firsts%20and%20Nationals%20from%20September%202014.pdf

And just wondering what article were you referring to? :smile:

https://www.edexcel.com/btec/Documents/Guide_to_Internal_Assessment_for_BTEC_Firsts_and_Nationals.pdf
hi there sorry im new to the whole btec course and i dont know how to lay out my work and set it out does anyone have a previous aassignment so i can figure it out i promise i wont copy it because we doing diiferent units
Original post by member2015
hi there sorry im new to the whole btec course and i dont know how to lay out my work and set it out does anyone have a previous aassignment so i can figure it out i promise i wont copy it because we doing diiferent units

Depending on what the assignment is on, it really just like a normal piece of coursework.

Add subheadings for each task and mark E.g. Task 3 is D1, write that as your sub heading and the work underneath it

If it's like a chemistry report, write the risk assessment and method of it first. They usually give students a brief about it so it's clear what you need to do :smile:

If you need any other help, just ask :biggrin:

Hm maybe - I hope so!

My college told me today we only get one submission so I'm really confused...Gonna try contact the exam board some how :confused:
Hello!!
Do you know what the chances of getting a Job with this qualification are?
I wanna go straight into work if I find a job.
You can become a Lab assistant or technician
Original post by david.ardila
Hello!!
Do you know what the chances of getting a Job with this qualification are?
I wanna go straight into work if I find a job.

Heya

Depending on the units the specific college does, it's really good if you want to become into a lab technician :smile:
Reply 194
In this course do you ever have to stand up and give presentations
Original post by lololiv
In this course do you ever have to stand up and give presentations

It really depends on how your teacher lays out your assignments.

For example: Once my teacher said we have to make a presentation about scientific theories and present it to the class.

The teacher may mark you depending on the detail of that presentation but in my case it was for practice and research for our actual assignment.

So really it depends on how your teacher decides to do it, but in most cases there's no presentations which you'll be marked on :smile:
Does anyone know of any courses like Pharmacy or that are related to it that have low entry requirement? as the BTEC rules have changed its harder to get the grades i wanted so i am looking for alternative courses that are more or less about the same thing.
Reply 197
It really depends on how your teacher lays out your assignments.

For example: Once my teacher said we have to make a presentation about scientific theories and present it to the class.

The teacher may mark you depending on the detail of that presentation but in my case it was for practice and research for our actual assignment.

So really it depends on how your teacher decides to do it, but in most cases there's no presentations which you'll be marked on :smile:

Thank you!!
Reply 198
Another q.
Is this course really hard?
Reply 199
I just started Btec Science Ext. Diploma because of my not-best grades. I was hoping for AS CHEM AS BIO, apparantly can not happen. It is interesting that at my interview, i was told that after 1st year of Btec(with distinctions) I can get into A levels.( which means 3 years of college) I wonder if someone heard about this?? I noticed some unis want specifically Btec + A level Chem/Bio
I consider that i will continue with BTEC if even i dont want to, but I am very confused with what actually I can study. If someone is very familiar with the courses I may do, please list them.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending