The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Guys should we all do a soundcloud?! Say yesss!!
Original post by Chukkeigh
Guys should we all do a soundcloud?! Say yesss!!

Im down yo, obvs i got the voracoo tho
Gyrls I gotto ask question to youz lot. Don't you miss the rain & sun in you hairrr? Wallahi that is one big thing I miss so badly afta wearing the headscarf innit. Guys, youz so lucky fam.

The breeze blowing my hair made me feel so hot :rofl:
The wind and rain used to make it go too crazy :redface:
Original post by AnimeCrazy
Arabic, (Wouldnt it be cool whilst I was reading the Quran I knew the meaning?)

Japanese because i love em xD

And Dutch because I was born in Holland but moved when I was little so cant remember **** all :frown: Really need to learn that asap.

Lol very interesting :smile: all Awesome languages. :biggrin:
Gyrls I gotto ask question to youz lot. Don't you miss the rain & sun in you hairrr? Wallahi that is one big thing I miss so badly afta wearing the headscarf innit. Guys, youz so lucky fam.

lol nah gyal I don't I have never even thought of that hun. I am not even a big fan of the sun I prefer winter :biggrin:
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Im down yo, obvs i got the voracoo tho

Go onnn then.
Go onnn then.

make sum, I made dem yesteday if u look bak thru the thred. lets converse yo.. set pace.
Why is this thread dead today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx

apprntly da membas hav lives beyondd tsr but u cn converse wid me if u feelin lonly
Original post by Abdul-Karim
apprntly da membas hav lives beyondd tsr but u cn converse wid me if u feelin lonly

No they don't. And no thanks:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh thanks for all this info. Glad I met u here lool:biggrin:
Oh okay so its not too bad then. Thanks, I'll try and get into this mindset from now.

Right no prob. Alright, okay insha'Allah you'll get in no prob.

Wow you've travelled a lot then. That's still pretty cool lol, travelling is an awesome thing.
Lol, ahh yes us westernish girls.
Wow you have some awesome subs. Pretty tough but still awesome:biggrin: All the best lol.
I love love English, I still have no idea what I want to do. I speak both English and French fluently so I'm thinking of studying languages properly. We'll see I guess. I wanna c what saudi has to offer:redface: I'm also very interested in Islamic studies and it would be a dream of mine to become a scholar of Islam so I really am stuck in a complex maze at the moment lol. Just going with the flow for now.

Well I already wear an abaya plus scarf here lol so no biggy. I know they're crazy. And women can't drive etc... Ohhhhh no talking to boys:frown: Lol joking I'm used to that as well. Staying at home a lot isnt much of a problem as well as I'm home educated so not exposed to the outside world too much:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem. I'm glad I helped! And yah, definitely get all the negativity off your mind. You'll be fine and Inshallah you like it here :biggrin:

Studying languages sounds like a great plan. If you learn to speak Arabic fluently too you'll be a great asset for a company (especially in the Middle East) as you'll be fluent in the three main languages used. Have you thought about becoming a translator? If your that interested in Islamic studies i recommend you apply to the university in Medina as it's great for that and you've got a shot of getting a scholarship which would be great.

Yah, the no driving thing is a real bummer but trust me females driving here would be a disaster because the men are such creeps and it'll jeopardize the safety of females. You can talk to boys if you want but you obviously can't go out with a guy on your own to like the mall/restaurant (well you actually could but you'd need to be extra cautious of the religious police a.k.a motawa - excuse my spelling). Going out in groups is fine, well in Jeddah it is, don't know about Riyadh though. Ah, that's good then at least you'll already be used to one aspect of living in Saudi.

Good Luck! Everything will be fine Inshallah :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's always dead brah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3392
Can't stand that stupid ex-muslims thread.!! It is as if they're explaining themselves just to feel justified and accepted in society. So freaking stupid. They're literally glorifying their situations and just say unbelievable stuff like "islam is a threat".
Wtf.
Original post by Ayah
Can't stand that stupid ex-muslims thread.!! It is as if they're explaining themselves just to feel justified and accepted in society. So freaking stupid. They're literally glorifying their situations and just say unbelievable stuff like "islam is a threat".
Wtf.

Just ignore them, let them have their circle jerk thread.
Didn't you know Islam bashing is the new hip cool thing bandwagon style. If they don't get their bashing now the wagon may pass them.
In reality though I pity them, hope they find some peace in their lives other than hate.
Original post by JuliusSeizure
It's always dead brah

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol,
did you manage to explain your mother tongue post the other way.
Many theories were thrown around but nothing conclusive, only you know what it meant.
Reply 3395
Original post by Al-farhan
Just ignore them, let them have their circle jerk thread.
Didn't you know Islam bashing is the new hip cool thing bandwagon style. If they don't get their bashing now the wagon may pass them.
In reality though I pity them, hope they find some peace in their lives other than hate.

I pity them too. Is their life that sad you need approval from strangers on tsr :s
Trying my best not to leave a sarcastic comment on their stupid thread..
Original post by Ayah
x

x

Stop complaining already, sheesh.
Something about vaseline, lips and a good day.
Sounds dodgy.
Anyone can translate this, can the ayeeyo do it

Original post by SophiaLDN
Correct me if im wrong, my Somali isn't as great as yours. Your teacher likes you and wants you but you said no so he threatened you. Your question is regarding advice if you should get a gun or not? :rofl:

Looooooool legit crying.

I think she said, her teacher said put vaseline on your lips when your happy. She places it on her lips. He smacks his lips and tries to take advantage of her. Her parents said that you are now 'spoiled' and must marry the man and live in his house.

I was just trolling nothing of it was true:wink: Nice attempt at interpreting my crap Somali though
SophiaLDN you were pretty close

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because....well....isn't it obvious? :mmm:
I was at a walima and I don't know where Fats and Nerd are tbh...we make the thread :colone:
Original post by Biryani007
Because....well....isn't it obvious? :mmm:
I was at a walima and I don't know where Fats and Nerd are tbh...we make the thread :colone:

:hmmm:

You went to a walimah without inviting anyone, and sharing the halwa:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending