The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bullettheory
That's good that on whole things are well. I hope your mouse pulls through though :hugs: What uni are you planning to go to?

Thanksies :smile:

Thanks. :smile:

In rough order of preference:
- Salford
- York St John
- Cumbria (Lancaster campus)
- Sheffield Hallam
- Queen Margaret's (Edinburgh)

I haven't visited Sheffield Hallam or Queen Margaret's yet, but the others have all seemed great. :excited:
Original post by SweetNothing
Omg cute, I just love puppies and dogs :biggrin:. Aw that's good then at least he's well behaved! Yeah, teething must be a nightmare for puppies. I was meant to be getting a dog but that all messed up so we're looking at getting one of these little cuties

Thanks! That makes me feel better (glad to have spoken to you, i'm feeling more relaxed about the whole uni thing now haha). Yeah, the work experience thing is a bit daunting cause I know it's preferred when doing a PGCE. I have friends who work in schools who might be able to get me in to work in one for a bit, i'm also going to ask my old primary/secondary schools cause they loved me and should be happy to have me back haha. I need to do all of it, it annoys me because the work is easy, I can fly through my uni course (which makes me sound really egotistical but i'm not honestly!) but MH ruined my life but I just thought I was lazy and didn't want to be there.

Yeah it's likely that you won't be the only one who hasn't done it all, but you should be fine honestly!

I didn't have enough days (their minimum was 10) but I think how you reflect on them is the most important part. You'll be fine and you have plenty of time. My issue was that the school I had planned to go into changed their policy and left it too late for me to find anywhere else but somehow I managed it all anyway :biggrin:

This is my tiny man:

Spoiler

Original post by ParadoxSocks
I didn't have enough days (their minimum was 10) but I think how you reflect on them is the most important part. You'll be fine and you have plenty of time. My issue was that the school I had planned to go into changed their policy and left it too late for me to find anywhere else but somehow I managed it all anyway :biggrin:

This is my tiny man:

Spoiler

You must have been good then! :biggrin:

Omg, look at him, he's so cute, :h:
Original post by superwolf

- Salford
- York St John
- Sheffield Hallam

I haven't visited Sheffield Hallam or Queen Margaret's yet, but the others have all seemed great. :excited:

Sheffield Hallam is the best :wink:
Reply 2764
Original post by lauraaaaa

Says the girl escaping from Sheffield to York! :biggrin:

Excited?
Original post by samba
Says the girl escaping from Sheffield to York! :biggrin:

Excited?

:lol: i was seeing how long it would take someone to mention that! Yeah, i'm really excited to go :')
Had such a good time at comic con today :biggrin: got an awesome pokemon plushie and a patch to sew on my jacket and a necklace, a signed comic and a print and a notebook and a cute little alpaca toy and a couple of wee gifts for my sister and mum

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Half way through my essay and not sure what to say.

*throws self to floor*

Sheffield hallam didnt want me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf

- Salford
- York St John
- Sheffield Hallam

You HAVE you to go to UCUM :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Team_McDreamy
i'm born and bred catholic, and lately i have been contemplating things like this. like, is it a punishment? does he believe i'll be a better person having gone through it? things like that. and i don't really have any answers for you, i'm afraid, but i just thought i'd let you know that you most definitely aren't alone in having questions like this, and that i think even the most ardent, knowledgable theologians wouldn't be able to give you a definitive answer either. i suppose thats what faith is - having questions, but still believing?

Hmm, that's an interesting thought - having questions but still believing. I was actually thinking of going and talking to the priest at the Catholic church near me just because I have so many questions and would like answers. However, you're probably right; he probably won't be able to answer me either.

I spoke to my atheist wife about things and she told me if god granted my very childish prayer why isn't he saving people from cancer or babies who die or whatever, why would he only show himself to me? And I had no answer for that either. I've tried to bury my head in the sand all these years but the more I think about things the less I feel I can ignore them but it seems to only result in more unanswered questions.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. :smile:
Original post by PandaWho
You HAVE you to go to UCUM :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The perfect university for Wolfie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sheffield hallam didnt want me :sad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i spent my whole of sixth form trying NOT to go to sheffield hallam, i do have to say :lol: there isn't anything wrong with it at all though, it's just not for me!
i spent my whole of sixth form trying NOT to go to sheffield hallam, i do have to say :lol: there isn't anything wrong with it at all though, it's just not for me!

It was one of the few places that i could realistically get into and that did my course.
I applied to
Sheffield Hallam
Leeds met
Huddersfield
Bolton
Marjon (university of st mark and saint john)

But didnt go to my leeds met interview as it was on a "im not going to uni day"
Got declined from Sheffield Hallam
So had huddersfeild, marjon and bolton. Didnt like bolton, but Huddersfield wasnt really realistic so put it as insurance, and firmed marjon, luckily they let me in without the right number of ucas points!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
The perfect university for Wolfie :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :giggle:

Posted from TSR Mobile
such a bad day. this is ****. no idea what to do. I hate myself. ****ing useless and nothing but a waste of everything. meant to have last GP appointment and last therapy session tomorrow. tempted to cancel them both. if they go the same as they normally do I'll only end up feeling worse. whats the point. head full of ****. nothing makes it better and I get no enjoyment from anything whatsoever. whats the point in living
I need some advice, so confused in what to do!
I need some advice, so confused in what to do!

Can pm me if you want hun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can pm me if you want hun

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, it's not that serious so I can post here, but it's just that I need a reference for my third time at uni, but i can't bring myself to go and ask my college tutors for a reference again because i'll have to tell them why i left again, if i don't ask my college tutors i don't know who to ask, i just don't know what to do!
Well, it's not that serious so I can post here, but it's just that I need a reference for my third time at uni, but i can't bring myself to go and ask my college tutors for a reference again because i'll have to tell them why i left again, if i don't ask my college tutors i don't know who to ask, i just don't know what to do!

Can you just say "health reasons"?? Or can it be a friend or dr or something?

Posted from TSR Mobile