The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IAmEchelon
Where about can I find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The PS stuff can all be found on the wiki - the link is in my signature :smile:
1) What universities are you thinking of applying to?
Oxford (PPL), Bath, UCL, Durham and Exeter

2) What subjects do you do and what have you achieved in your AS year?
Finished A2's did Maths, Further Maths and Physics (typical subjects for psych :L) got A*A*A* and A in AS Chemistry.

3) GCSE grades?
6A* 3A 2B

I'm in an odd position did 2 terms at Warwick doing Maths in academic year that just ended but decided it wasn't what I wanted to do. Will be interesting to see the unis reactions to a non typical application.
1. Bangor
2. None
3. None

Going to start self study focusing heavily on Psychology and the related subjects over the next year and see if can get in based on my intellectual abilities and a fairly different perspective.

Been self studying a variety of subjects for 8+ years now (4.5 years of personal growth studies), so shouldn't be all that difficult (I hope *gulp*).

It's going to be an interesting year. :hide:
My personal statement will be the death of me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by orphan_black
Inspired by this thread: x

3) GCSE grades?
:bl:

Southampton Solent or Portsmouth!
AS Politics D (B in the first exam, E in the second) retaking that second exam oops!
AS Psychology B
A2 Sociology C (pretty disappointed!)
GCSEs 11A's 2Bs and a C

Fingers crossed haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey
So I want to apply for psychology and I know I want to do clinical psychology ...
Debating between Goldsmiths university or kings college ? ( want to stay in London )
Any suggestions ? Any other good psychology unis in london- I know Reading and Royal Holloway is good too x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guyssssss:smile:

So at the moment I think I want to apply to
Kings College, Uni of Birmingham, Sheffield, Loughborough and Kent

I do A2's in Biology(B), Chemistry(B) and Psychology(A) and I dropped Geography at AS (got a C in it)

GCSE Grades:2A*'s, 8A's, 1B

Just trying to find one or two areas within psychology that I want to include in my personal statement but I'm really struggling :| too much that interests me I guess haha
Original post by Rainbow Boombox
Hey
So I want to apply for psychology and I know I want to do clinical psychology ...
Debating between Goldsmiths university or kings college ? ( want to stay in London )
Any suggestions ? Any other good psychology unis in london- I know Reading and Royal Holloway is good too x

Posted from TSR Mobile

UCL has a very good reputation if you wanted a risky choice :smile:
Original post by LeJennifleur
UCL has a very good reputation if you wanted a risky choice :smile:

Whys it risky?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IAmEchelon

Only in the sense that because of its reputation it's quite competitive :smile:
Original post by Rainbow Boombox
Hey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on your grades. UCL if your grades are predicted at least A*AA. I don't think King's has an undergraduate psychology course. QMUL and City University are your other alternatives for London.
Original post by GandalfWhite
Depends on your grades. UCL if your grades are predicted at least A*AA. I don't think King's has an undergraduate psychology course. QMUL and City University are your other alternatives for London.

KCL are starting psychology for 2015 entry http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/psychology

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by jamiep151
Oxford (PPL), Bath, UCL, Durham and Exeter

Finished A2's did Maths, Further Maths and Physics (typical subjects for psych :L) got A*A*A* and A in AS Chemistry.

3) GCSE grades?
6A* 3A 2B

I'm in an odd position did 2 terms at Warwick doing Maths in academic year that just ended but decided it wasn't what I wanted to do. Will be interesting to see the unis reactions to a non typical application.

Oh wow, your grades are great! If you don't mind me asking, why are you doing PPL as opposed to Experimental Psychology at Oxford?
Oh wow, your grades are great! If you don't mind me asking, why are you doing PPL as opposed to Experimental Psychology at Oxford?

I feel that PPL allows me to do more of what interests me as I originally became interested in psychology because of its links with philosophy and politics.

Although in last 2 days I did last minute double check (I looked before) comparing PPL and psychological and behavioral sciences (PBS) at Cambridge and thinking PBS looks better :s-smilie:

What you thinking of doing?
KCL are starting psychology for 2015 entry http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/psychology

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Oh that's super.
Original post by jamiep151

I feel that PPL allows me to do more of what interests me as I originally became interested in psychology because of its links with philosophy and politics.

Although in last 2 days I did last minute double check (I looked before) comparing PPL and psychological and behavioral sciences (PBS) at Cambridge and thinking PBS looks better :s-smilie:

What you thinking of doing?

Oh okay. I went to the Cambridge summer school for PBS this year and I didn't like it to be honest, mainly because it's so social psychology-heavy whereas I'm more interested in biopsychology/neuroscience and there were lectures on happiness and gender and I dunno... I just didn't enjoy it.

I'm STILL fluctuating between Law and Psychology; I have a ton of experience in psychology and my personal statement for psychology is very competitive, as opposed to law where I have practically done nothing so I'm thinking of staying with my plan to do psychology then either do a conversion course into law or do a graduate entry into medicine to hopefully become a psychiatrist, I'm still not entirely sure yet :P
Oh okay. I went to the Cambridge summer school for PBS this year and I didn't like it to be honest, mainly because it's so social psychology-heavy whereas I'm more interested in biopsychology/neuroscience and there were lectures on happiness and gender and I dunno... I just didn't enjoy it.

I'm STILL fluctuating between Law and Psychology; I have a ton of experience in psychology and my personal statement for psychology is very competitive, as opposed to law where I have practically done nothing so I'm thinking of staying with my plan to do psychology then either do a conversion course into law or do a graduate entry into medicine to hopefully become a psychiatrist, I'm still not entirely sure yet :P

Choices, choices and decisions, decisions.
Original post by GandalfWhite
Choices, choices and decisions, decisions.

Right? I'm thinking of just sticking to Psychology then deciding from there..
Right? I'm thinking of just sticking to Psychology then deciding from there..

Where do best lawyers come from?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/9384619/The-best-lawyers-are-not-law-graduates-claims-judge.html
Reply 59
Just wondering what Universities I should be looking at. Should I be applying to AAB or even AAA universities with the prediction of ABB?

Quick Reply

Latest