The Student Room Group

Barts and The London Medicine Tariff Calculation!?

Hi! I'm confused as to how tariff points are calculated for (Queen Mary) Barts and The London for medicine A100 undergraduate course since they use 50% UCAS tariff and 50% UKCAT score for selection.

I have 4As at AS and am predicted 2A*s and 2As at A2, have EPQ predicted A, and Additional Maths at A, what tariff points would I get?

I'm asking because on the UCAS website it says that "Tariff points are generally only counted for the highest level of achievement in a subject. This means that you can’t usually count AS levels if you have the full A level in the same subject."

So does ^that mean for example if I have an AS in Biology at grade A (60 points) and predicted A* at A2 (140 points), I'd have 140 points for Biology not 200 (60+140)?

If both AS and A2 are not counted then I can't understand how high the mid range and even the top tariff are for their 2014 cycle.

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf

It makes sense if both AS and A2 are counted for tariff points but this can't be because of what it says on the UCAS website.

So do you know how the tariff points are calculated for Barts? Why are the tariff points so high on the admissions cycle supposing a typical student would do 4AS and 3A2 and maybe a few extra things? And what would my tariff points be?

Thank you!!!! :smile:
between 760-800 which is very good:smile: AS and A2 are counted
I'm predicted 694, that's with a full IB diploma and a weird AS i did in year 11
Reply 3
Original post by champion1
Hi! I'm confused as to how tariff points are calculated for (Queen Mary) Barts and The London for medicine A100 undergraduate course since they use 50% UCAS tariff and 50% UKCAT score for selection.

I have 4As at AS and am predicted 2A*s and 2As at A2, have EPQ predicted A, and Additional Maths at A, what tariff points would I get?

I'm asking because on the UCAS website it says that "Tariff points are generally only counted for the highest level of achievement in a subject. This means that you can’t usually count AS levels if you have the full A level in the same subject."

So does ^that mean for example if I have an AS in Biology at grade A (60 points) and predicted A* at A2 (140 points), I'd have 140 points for Biology not 200 (60+140)?

If both AS and A2 are not counted then I can't understand how high the mid range and even the top tariff are for their 2014 cycle.

http://www.smd.qmul.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/FAQs/99618.pdf

It makes sense if both AS and A2 are counted for tariff points but this can't be because of what it says on the UCAS website.

So do you know how the tariff points are calculated for Barts? Why are the tariff points so high on the admissions cycle supposing a typical student would do 4AS and 3A2 and maybe a few extra things? And what would my tariff points be?

Thank you!!!! :smile:

Yes you don't count your AS and A2 in the same subject so for bio youd have 140. My ucas tariff is around 600 using my achieved a2's.
The higher your ukcat the lower your tariff can be. If you got to the Barts Medicine 2014 thread someone posted a link to the page where barts explained what people who were interviewed got this year. I think the average ucas tariff that was interviewed is around 550/600 but I can't remember the.document well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending