The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Singer Hall 2014/2015 - Find your Flat Mates

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlottie96
Im worried too, yeah so at the moment my worry outweighs my excitement, hopefully that will change though :smile:. Occupational therapy is about how to care for people from both a physical and mental perspective helping people to improve areas of their life, like there accommodation etc. But yeah can't wait for uni!!!! :headbang: (p.s sorry for the cheesy smiley)

I know what you mean--I'm super worried too.

That sounds cool, I haven't heard of it before but it sounds really interesting! :h: What A levels did you take to end up exploring that area? (sorry if I'm asking too many questions.) haha that is an awesome looking smiley, I like this one :pirateprincess: but not sure when I would use it, but if pirate princesses ever come up in conversation there is a smiley for it! Though this one is creepy :spider:
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 81
I'm confused as to where we collect our keys from and on what date as these two pages confuse me. I've booked this morning to arrive on the 20th between 1pm-3pm but the key collection directions are making me think I can't collect keys until 21st. Can anyone help? Hope I'm just being stupid
http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/student-support/accommodation/key-collection/ and http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/student-support/accommodation/directions/
Original post by roxbilll
I'm confused as to where we collect our keys from and on what date as these two pages confuse me. I've booked this morning to arrive on the 20th between 1pm-3pm but the key collection directions are making me think I can't collect keys until 21st. Can anyone help? Hope I'm just being stupid
http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/student-support/accommodation/key-collection/ and http://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/student-support/accommodation/directions/

Apparently those directions are just for people who aren't staying in particular accommodations! So for Singer Hall, I've been told that we collect our keys at the actual accommodation whenever we get there :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by lightergait
Apparently those directions are just for people who aren't staying in particular accommodations! So for Singer Hall, I've been told that we collect our keys at the actual accommodation whenever we get there :smile:

Thank you! I got an email and they confirmed 20th is fine and keys will be collected there! :smile: xxx
Original post by louiseee153
I know what you mean--I'm super worried too.

That sounds cool, I haven't heard of it before but it sounds really interesting! :h: What A levels did you take to end up exploring that area? (sorry if I'm asking too many questions.) haha that is an awesome looking smiley, I like this one :pirateprincess: but not sure when I would use it, but if pirate princesses ever come up in conversation there is a smiley for it! Though this one is creepy :spider:

Yeah you're right for a pirate princess smiley to be used because it was relevant to what you were talking about implies you were having a really odd conversation :smile: he He. And your not asking too many questions I did English lit, Psychology, and philosophy. So actually the only really relevant subject to my uni course was psychology. What about you? P.S .found this smiley :elefant:- I think it should be called "the drunk elephants in dumbo" or "elephants on crack" :smile:
Yeah you're right for a pirate princess smiley to be used because it was relevant to what you were talking about implies you were having a really odd conversation :smile: he He. And your not asking too many questions I did English lit, Psychology, and philosophy. So actually the only really relevant subject to my uni course was psychology. What about you? P.S .found this smiley :elefant:- I think it should be called "the drunk elephants in dumbo" or "elephants on crack" :smile:

Oh my god, it does look like the elephants in dumbo, you're right! :giggle: With some of them you do have to wonder what you would have to be talking about to use them haha, like this one :evilbanana: I thought about doing Psychology in the first year but at my sixth form they needed me to be good at maths which is def not my strong area at all :colondollar:. But I ended up doing English Lit, English Lang and Photography. Have you got far to travel to Coventry?
Oh my god, it does look like the elephants in dumbo, you're right! :giggle: With some of them you do have to wonder what you would have to be talking about to use them haha, like this one :evilbanana: I thought about doing Psychology in the first year but at my sixth form they needed me to be good at maths which is def not my strong area at all :colondollar:. But I ended up doing English Lit, English Lang and Photography. Have you got far to travel to Coventry?

Yeah I've got to travel about 3 to 3 1/2 hours by car. So yeah, quite a distance what about you are you close or not? I live in Orpington Kent so a little bit of a distance :smile:. When are you moving into your accommodation? I think I am moving in on the Saturday. :parrot:
Yeah I've got to travel about 3 to 3 1/2 hours by car. So yeah, quite a distance what about you are you close or not? I live in Orpington Kent so a little bit of a distance :smile:. When are you moving into your accommodation? I think I am moving in on the Saturday. :parrot:

That is quite a distance! I live in the Northampton area, so about an hour away. Yeah, I'm moving on Saturday too :biggrin: Have you got the freshers leaflet yet? Mine just came in the post with the events on it. It looks so daunting, there's so much! Sleep doesnt appear to be an option haha. Are you planning on going to any of the events? :h:

(I've just scrolled through the thread again and I don't think I told you my real name when I first talked to you, my actual name is Heidi btw, but I was a dummy and used my middle name as my username. original haha :colondollar:)
(edited 9 years ago)
That is quite a distance! I live in the Northampton area, so about an hour away. Yeah, I'm moving on Saturday too :biggrin: Have you got the freshers leaflet yet? Mine just came in the post with the events on it. It looks so daunting, there's so much! Sleep doesnt appear to be an option haha. Are you planning on going to any of the events? :h:

(I've just scrolled through the thread again and I don't think I told you my real name when I first talked to you, my actual name is Heidi btw, but I was a dummy and used my middle name as my username. original haha :colondollar:)

Oh right hi Heidi :biggrin:, i've bought a freshers band that allows you to go to all the events that we got through on the post. I'm also going to an event called FML (or **** My Life) - yeah I know :smile:. but if you have facebook go on the freshers event and you can order tickets to FML it looks really cool- its a massive foam party! it would be so good if we could go out as a floor. But yeah defiantly sleep will be non existent :smile: - P.S. do u drink alcohol, because a lot of people i've spoken to so far don't. :cheers: :smile:
Oh right hi Heidi :biggrin:, i've bought a freshers band that allows you to go to all the events that we got through on the post. I'm also going to an event called FML (or **** My Life) - yeah I know :smile:. but if you have facebook go on the freshers event and you can order tickets to FML it looks really cool- its a massive foam party! It would be so good if we could go out as a floor. But yeah defiantly sleep will be non existent :smile: - P.S. do u drink alcohol, because a lot of people i've spoken to so far don't. :cheers: :smile:

Thats great! I've literally just ordered a freshers band. I haven't heard of FML, but a foam party--that sounds amazing!! I don't have facebook, but I have twitter, do you specifically need a facebook to access it?
It would be good if we could go out as a floor, good idea, we'll have to see if the others are up for it :biggrin:
omg you'll probably have to add me to that list, I'm not a big drinker haha-- doesn't bother me if other people like to drink though :h:
(edited 9 years ago)
Thats great! I've literally just ordered a freshers band. I haven't heard of FML, but a foam party--that sounds amazing!! I don't have facebook, but I have twitter, do you specifically need a facebook to access it?
It would be good if we could go out as a floor, good idea, we'll have to see if the others are up for it :biggrin:
omg you'll probably have to add me to that list, I'm not a big drinker haha-- doesn't bother me if other people like to drink though :h:

Hiya Heidi,
I think this is the link http://www.fatsoma.com/events/111267/?r=1681814566 but yeah it would be great if you could come at the moment i'm all alone :'(. I don't really drink to excess either but just enough to get a little tipsy :smile:.
Hiya Heidi,
I think this is the link http://www.fatsoma.com/events/111267/?r=1681814566 but yeah it would be great if you could come at the moment i'm all alone :'(. I don't really drink to excess either but just enough to get a little tipsy :smile:.

Thank you for the link :biggrin: That sounds awesome, I'll order the tickets tonight. haha I've tried different types of alcohol before but I just cant take to the taste of it :colondollar: What is your favourite drink?
(edited 9 years ago)
Thank you for the link :biggrin: That sounds awesome, I'll order the tickets tonight. haha I've tried different types of alcohol before but I just cant take to the taste of it :colondollar: What is your favourite drink?

Yay its great i've now got someone to go with!!!! and my favorite drink is Malibu and Coke :smile:- its a really girly drink and dosent taste that much of alcohol,so bonus anyway now cant wait to got to FML!
Yay its great i've now got someone to go with!!!! and my favorite drink is Malibu and Coke :smile:- its a really girly drink and dosent taste that much of alcohol,so bonus anyway now cant wait to got to FML!

Aww yay!! I can't say that I've ever tried that one but its sounds good, I like Coke and I'm quite girly, so that's part of the way there haha :h: How's your dancing? :tongue:
Aww yay!! I can't say that I've ever tried that one but its sounds good, I like Coke and I'm quite girly, so that's part of the way there haha :h: How's your dancing? :tongue:

Well i'd love to be able to say that I'm a great dancer seeing as you don't know any different :smile: , however i'd say my dancing resemble that of an embarrassed rhino who's just stood on some lego. Yeah :smile:, what about you, can you dance? I'm hoping yes so that if/when the time comes I can hide behind your dancing skills.
Well i'd love to be able to say that I'm a great dancer seeing as you don't know any different :smile: , however i'd say my dancing resemble that of an embarrassed rhino who's just stood on some lego. Yeah :smile:, what about you, can you dance? I'm hoping yes so that if/when the time comes I can hide behind your dancing skills.

Haha omg I'm just picturing it now, you dancing like a rhino on lego and me looking like my arms and legs are dancing to two different genres of music. lolol omg I have no idea when it comes to parties (im quite shy) but hopefully if we both look like we can't dance no one will notice :biggrin: Someone should make a smiley for a rhino on lego btw :giggle:
Haha omg I'm just picturing it now, you dancing like a rhino on lego and me looking like my arms and legs are dancing to two different genres of music. lolol omg I have no idea when it comes to parties (im quite shy) but hopefully if we both look like we can't dance no one will notice :biggrin: Someone should make a smiley for a rhino on lego btw :giggle:

Yeah dont worry I guess we'll be really good together as I'm shy when i first meet people. But I just pretend not to be shy so perhaps we should just pretend we are good dancers (maybe it will work? *fingers crossed* ) :dancing2: :danceboy:
Yeah dont worry I guess we'll be really good together as I'm shy when i first meet people. But I just pretend not to be shy so perhaps we should just pretend we are good dancers (maybe it will work? *fingers crossed* ) :dancing2: :danceboy:

Exactly, it will be awesome! Being shy sucks doesn't it because you want to talk to people but you're worried it will come out all wrong haha especially with new people it is worse. By the way do you have twitter or an email? If you do, I'll send you my email address/twitter through private messaging on here :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
Hey! I'm staying in 30.105 anyone in my block/flat? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest