The Student Room Group

Why do they surrender?

why do these dumb soldiers surrender, from the 1700 iraqi soldiers

they know they are going to die, why would you surrender to a barbaric animal?!?!?!

to tabqa airbase recently all the syrian soldiers ran like retards across the desert thinking they could actually get away on foot, if your gonna die atleast die fighting ffs

captured so many syrian soldiers and just slaughtered them like animals

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think anyone on this forum, bar a few, will understand the mentality of a man in a warzone. Humans don't think or act rationally in life or death situations. It's easy to say you should fight but your life tends to become very precious if you think you are about to lose it.
Reply 2
Original post by Aj12
I don't think anyone on this forum, bar a few, will understand the mentality of a man in a warzone. Humans don't think or act rationally in life or death situations. It's easy to say you should fight but your life tends to become very precious if you think you are about to lose it.

but these soldiers know what the end result will be if they surrender, from the past 3 years they have seen how these terrorists deal with prisoners, from shooting multiple times in the head, to beheading on camera with a blunt knife, so why would you surrender, you are better of saving last bullet for urself

plus at tabqa airbase, the syrian soldiers ran like retards, soldiers are trained to deal with this, so why would you run in a bunch across the desert just being picked off by snipers and another part of the video they hid in a small hut in the middle of the desert, like wtf?!!? atleast run away with a strategy
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by aka r
but these soldiers know what the end result will be if they surrender, from the past 3 years they have seen how these terrorists deal with prisoners, from shooting multiple times in the head, to beheading on camera with a blunt knife, so why would you surrender, you are better of saving last bullet for urself

People delude themselves, some people will do anything to stay alive a bit longer or hope that something will change. Rescue mission or something. It's really not a simple set of emotions or thought processes that someone in that situation goes through, try to have some sympathy
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
People delude themselves, some people will do anything to stay alive a bit longer or hope that something will change. Rescue mission or something. It's really not a simple set of emotions or thought processes that someone in that situation goes through, try to have some sympathy

no, they are soldiers trained to deal with this, at tabqa base in raqqa province and your not prepared for ISIS to come knocking on your doorstep, jheeze can these guys be so dumb, i rate one soldier though at least he tried to shoot back

Reply 5
Original post by aka r
no, they are soldiers trained to deal with this, at tabqa base in raqqa province and your not prepared for ISIS to come knocking on your doorstep, jheeze can these guys be so dumb, i rate one soldier though at least he tried to shoot back

Mad gangsta would you pop them all off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
people surrender. pakistans army of 100,000 surrendered in the 1970s. the british surrenders singapore to the japanese in wwii. germans surrendered in stalingrad
Reply 7
Original post by Ggmu!
Mad gangsta would you pop them all off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

you should see the video man, crazy terrorist wahabi barbaric animals
Reply 8
Original post by Reformed
people surrender. pakistans army of 100,000 surrendered in the 1970s. the british surrenders singapore to the japanese in wwii. germans surrendered in stalingrad

people surrender to other people, you have to be mad to surrender to a barbaric animal
The thing is, they were all sat in their base and then when the ISIS came one guy said they all changed into civies and ran off. Why not just fight them off like a siege? Even if it was like the Alamo. Just camp in your base. How many were storming it again? Serious just don't let them in. I don't think military bases are designed so that if a force approaches, all their base belongs to them, there should be a way of keeping them out.

I know I have no experience in war or have been prepared for kill or be killed, but this is what I'd do. That said, they were promised they would be taken to their families, so they complied/submitted and then were all executed.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by aka r
you should see the video man, crazy terrorist wahabi barbaric animals

Yeah they all get one bullet to the head, pretty messed up. And the drive by one is even more chilling.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regualr soldiers are rarely properly prepared for the rigors of capture, I suppose the top brass don't want their men thinking it is a viable option on the battle field. If you're taught about it, then it gives it an air of legitimacy.

There is something known as the 'shock of capture' it's a state of mind a PoW will under go for a short period after being captured where they will be bewildered and disorientated and there for a lot more malleable. However a looser deffinition would be a state of mind induced from a rapid transition from the normal to the abnormal, this can be induced by say, being vastly outnumbered or surrounded by an enemy. In this situation even well trained troops will be vulnerable to surrunder if the unit is demoralised or lacks efficient leadership. Just look to history when 300,000 German troops surrendered at the battle of Stalingrad.
Original post by Aj12

I remember watching something about the Battle of The Tennis Court (sounds fun but was actually pretty brutal) in World War Two and how allied soldiers stated that surrender to the Japanese never once entered their minds because they knew if they surrendered their treatment would be inhumane to put it mildly and because they respected the Japanese soldiers as enemies. Surely if you knew you are going to die if you surrender then you would do anything to avoid being captured? ISIS are like the Japanese military in a way (in the sense that they have so far demolished the opposition completely). It took Orde Wingate who was actually mentally ill to give the Japanese their first defeat (not counting the border skirmish between Japan and Soviet Russia when Zhukov defeated the Japanese army). Who knows what it will take to defeat IS?
Reply 13
Original post by Snagprophet
The thing is, they were all sat in their base and then when the ISIS came one guy said they all changed into civies and ran off. Why not just fight them off like a siege? Even if it was like the Alamo. Just camp in your base. How many were storming it again? Serious just don't let them in. I don't think military bases are designed so that if a force approaches, all their base belongs to them, there should be a way of keeping them out.

I know I have no experience in war or have been prepared for kill or be killed, but this is what I'd do. That said, they were promised they would be taken to their families, so they complied/submitted and then were all executed.

they even had a 1mile parameter around the base where the air force was air striking them but they got scared of a 14 year old attempting a VBIED

Original post by aka r
people surrender to other people, you have to be mad to surrender to a barbaric animal

dont forget neither of these on either side are heroic soldiers, they are poorly educated , badly trained men given rifles. when one side gets a bit scared he would either blow himslef up or give himself up. id doubt either wants to be a war hero battlign it out like general custer in his last stand.

also i dont know but perhas isis actually capture and convert a lot of opponenets to fight for their side?
Reply 15
Original post by Ggmu!
Yeah they all get one bullet to the head, pretty messed up. And the drive by one is even more chilling.

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol thats old bro, watch this tabqa airbase one its messed up man, HD aswel
Reply 16
Original post by everyonemustpay
I remember watching something about the Battle of The Tennis Court (sounds fun but was actually pretty brutal) in World War Two and how allied soldiers stated that surrender to the Japanese never once entered their minds because they knew if they surrendered their treatment would be inhumane to put it mildly and because they respected the Japanese soldiers as enemies. Surely if you knew you are going to die if you surrender then you would do anything to avoid being captured? ISIS are like the Japanese military in a way (in the sense that they have so far demolished the opposition completely). It took Orde Wingate who was actually mentally ill to give the Japanese their first defeat (not counting the border skirmish between Japan and Soviet Russia when Zhukov defeated the Japanese army). Who knows what it will take to defeat IS?

But then look at the countless Germans who surrendered to the Soviets or the Allied troops that did surrender to the Japanese because plenty did.

Like I said in my first post I don't think anyone here can understand what it is like to be in a completely hopeless situation. Many of these troops were badly armed, poorly lead and badly demoralised its a wonder they made it to the fight at all.

I'm sure we'd all like to imagine we would grab a gun and die in a glorious hail of bullets, taking down countless terrorists but until you are there you will not know how you will react.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by Reformed
dont forget neither of these on either side are heroic soldiers, they are poorly educated , badly trained men given rifles. when one side gets a bit scared he would either blow himslef up or give himself up. id doubt either wants to be a war hero battlign it out like general custer in his last stand.

also i dont know but perhas isis actually capture and convert a lot of opponenets to fight for their side?

lmfao. no mate, i would rather put bullet in my head then surrender to ISIS and be get beheaded on camera with a blunt butter knife
Original post by Aj12
But then look at the countless Germans who surrendered to the Soviets or the Allied troops that did surrender to the Japanese because plenty did.

Like I said in my first post I don't think anyone here can understand what it is like to be in a completely hopeless situation. Many of these troops were badly armed, poorly lead and badly demoralised its a wonder they made it to the fight at all.

I'm sure we'd all like to imagine we would grab a gun and die in a glorious hail of bullets, taking down countless terrorists but until you are there you will not know how you will react.

Indeed but I suppose was generals surrendering rather than rank and file. The generals are unlikely to be badly treated. Personally, I would kill to defend myself or my family but otherwise I could care less. The average person (across all groups) is pretty detestable and I would see no reason to risk myself against IS who are formidable fighters and have some particularly intelligent individuals operating amongst them for the detritus that society consists of. Oh, I despise the religious fanaticism of IS and actually heartily dislike Islam itself but unlike the many (fools) in society, I understand that IS are professionals (just look at their genius when it comes to manipulating the media). As far as I am concerned it is not my fight. Cynical maybe honest definitely.
Original post by aka r
lmfao. no mate, i would rather put bullet in my head then surrender to ISIS and be get beheaded on camera with a blunt butter knife

No one is impressed by you keyboard warrior. What you would probably do when confronted by ISIS is quickly defecate in your garments and become catatonic with shock.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending