The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Original post by itssimplyme
Quick question about CVs.

I've noticed on the Canary Wharfian site that everyone follows the same layout with regards to their CV?! (http://canarywharfian.co.uk/attachments/cv-cw-copy-pdf.48/) My current CV doesn't follow the same layout and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not...will they really want thousands of pretty much identical CVs...slightly repetitive and boring, no? Yes, the information will be different haha, but still?

Spoiler

It's solely the content which sets you apart and not the layout.

edit: although a ****ty format could ruin it
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Szmessh
It's solely the content which sets you apart and not the layout.

Okay! I just noticed that even SEO used the same layout for all of their samples haha, so it confused me slightly.

Hahaa, I wouldn't say it's **** as I've used it to get onto some insight days/programmes in the past as well as when applying for work experience placements :smile: It's also been checked so I think it should be fine - worrying over nothing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 622
Okay! I just noticed that even SEO used the same layout for all of their samples haha, so it confused me slightly.

Hahaa, I wouldn't say it's **** as I've used it to get onto some insight days/programmes in the past as well as when applying for work experience placements :smile: It's also been checked so I think it should be fine - worrying over nothing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't mean this one is **** I meant that otherwise, a bad format could ruin the content.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yl95
Geez, I pity you if you actually feel that your life will be ruined by working for the Big 4.

Obviously a joke :K:

If I can even get onto a big 4 programme, I'd be ever so grateful. I want to be the first in my family to actually go and do something of merit :cry2: ..pressure.

Quick question about CVs.

I've noticed on the Canary Wharfian site that everyone follows the same layout with regards to their CV?! (http://canarywharfian.co.uk/attachments/cv-cw-copy-pdf.48/) My current CV doesn't follow the same layout and I'm not sure whether that's a good thing or not...will they really want thousands of pretty much identical CVs...slightly repetitive and boring, no? Yes, the information will be different haha, but still?

Spoiler

The guy on that CV looks like he studied at Cass :lol:

Mines a similar layout too, Nishma helped me out at SEO and its done me no wrong thus far.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Obviously a joke :K:

If I can even get onto a big 4 programme, I'd be ever so grateful. I want to be the first in my family to actually go and do something of merit :cry2: ..pressure.

The guy on that CV looks like he studied at Cass :lol:

Mines a similar layout too, Nishma helped me out at SEO and its done me no wrong thus far.

Haha you never know with TSR if someone's joking or not...
Hey,
does anyone of you have a list of all SWs in combination with a link to their application center?
Original post by gardentennispro
Hey,
does anyone of you have a list of all SWs in combination with a link to their application center?

No, I have a list of the open spots. If you search the institutions name followed by "spring week 2015 applications" on google, it should show up.
Original post by gardentennispro
Hey,

like this? :smile:

http://canarywharfian.co.uk/threads/spring-week-applications-for-2015.71/
Guys I have a q, as it has literally just come to my head and I don't know morally if its correct or whatnot, advice by PM please.

Finished first year, was thinking of making internship apps now ofc, but my course offers a 4 year option too, of which the first two years are exactly the same, im on 3 years atm. Do you think, or know anyone who has made apps in second year for sws on a 3 year course, whilst saying they are on a 4 year, provided they have the chance at the end of the second year to actually change onto the 4 year course, depending on if they got sws or not or whatever? Need help on this, as I was maybe considering changing to the 4 year at end of second year rather than now, but on CV and apps or whatever could I say im on he 4 year course now? That way I could do sws, then have a go at internships next year, or conversely apply for internships this year, maybe get none, change to 4 year next year, and apply for them again?

Very grateful to people who read this and help, posted this in the summer thread as well
Epic, just got invited to the Credit suisse "steps to spring" program. Anyone else attending? :smile:
Yey! Credit Suisse Confirmed, off to London on Friday. Have to get my questions together, now.
Original post by Hazard17
Epic, just got invited to the Credit suisse "steps to spring" program. Anyone else attending? :smile:

Yes!

Missed the deadline. I had it on my calender as well they sent an email back in august but I just took no notice until I was a day too late.

edit: Actually never mind, I too got the email of confirmation, despite missing the deadline :lol: See you guys on Friday.

Maybe because I kept in contact with the HR team during the past few months asking for internship advice :rolleyes:

Rare event on Thursdsay and then bright network the following week. Might as well say goodbye to my pre sesh maths course :/
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pro Crastination
Yes!

Hahaha chill :biggrin:

What're you studying and where? Also what division in IB will you be going for?
Hahaha chill :biggrin:

What're you studying and where? Also what division in IB will you be going for?

Economics at Bath. I'm interested in fixed-income :smile: You?
Missed the deadline. I had it on my calender as well they sent an email back in august but I just took no notice until I was a day too late.

edit: Actually never mind, I too got the email of confirmation, despite missing the deadline :lol: See you guys on Friday.

Maybe because I kept in contact with the HR team during the past few months asking for internship advice :rolleyes:

Rare event on Thursdsay and then bright network the following week. Might as well say goodbye to my pre sesh maths course :/

LOOOOOOL whatt!? So you got in without applying? Boss.

Ive got the Rare event on wednesday too lool. CS event is on thursday. So i'll see you twice this week lool :biggrin:

Whens your Rare one-to-one?
LOOOOOOL whatt!? So you got in without applying? Boss.

Ive got the Rare event on wednesday too lool. CS event is on thursday. So i'll see you twice this week lool :biggrin:

Whens your Rare one-to-one?

I applied but just after the deadline so I thought it would be an automatic rejection. I've sent a SW application to CS (albeit by accident when filling in the details) already which is my problem. I'm hoping to speak to Sharne about withdrawing the application and re-submitting. I didn't submit a CL.

Rare is on Thursday, is it not? 11th - Thursday, 12th - Friday. Unless you're attending different ones.

My interview with them is on the 24th.
(edited 9 years ago)
Economics at Bath. I'm interested in fixed-income :smile: You?

Nice :smile:

Economics and Statistics at UCL. Torn between M&A and S&T. So still undecided in that sense. Hope to have fully decided by the end of the week.
I applied but just after the deadline so I thought it would be an automatic rejection. I've sent a SW application to CS (albeit by accident when filling in the details) already which is my problem. I'm hoping to speak to Sharne about withdrawing the application and re-submitting. I didn't submit a CL.

Rare is on Thursday, is it not? 11th - Thursday, 12th - Friday. Unless you're attending different ones.

My interview with them is on the 24th.

Yeah sorry lol. My bad, minds all over the place atm. :s-smilie: I'll see you at both.

I see, im sure you can tell them to withdraw your application and resubmit an improved one. I remember reading somewhere that you can even do that if you want to add more events attended and EC's to add to your CV. So surely they'll have to let you resubmit.

Yey! Credit Suisse Confirmed, off to London on Friday. Have to get my questions together, now.

Got the confirmation too! Will see you lot there

Latest

Trending

Trending