The Student Room Group

HSBC student account welcome email

I opened a HSBC student account in branch today, and apparently I should receive a welcome email (so I can use the Amazon voucher, their incentive!)

But when am I supposed to receive this? The day I open it? Or when my card arrives? Quite confused about it all!
Original post by harriet__
I opened a HSBC student account in branch today, and apparently I should receive a welcome email (so I can use the Amazon voucher, their incentive!)

But when am I supposed to receive this? The day I open it? Or when my card arrives? Quite confused about it all!

Did they not say in the bank? Give it a week, 10 working days at a push then contact them.

I'm with HSBC and I highly recommend them. I wish they did an Amazon voucher when I applied :rolleyes:.

If you're considering getting a credit card it is very easy to get one with them and you don't need a salary.
Reply 2
I also opened a HSBC student account recently, the guy in branch said give it may take up to a week to receive the welcome email. He did say that if I don't receive it after I get my bank card, pin and internet banking details in the post, to call, or pop into branch and have a chat so that they can send out another.

The amazon voucher was a great incentive to be honest, I'm planning on using it for some of the major books related to my course, I know that they will be all booked out of the university library and I prefer to have a copy of my own that I can refer to at any time :smile:.
(edited 9 years ago)
hmmm, contact costumer care..
Reply 4
Yeah I opened a student account on Wednesday, cards arrived on Friday, just waiting for that email now. Hope it arrives soon. Want to buy some little bits and bobs with the gift certificate before uni.
Hey same problem been waiting ages still haven't received anything yet if its been 7 working days or more then https://studentexclusives.hsbc.co.uk/1/Registration/?site=Generic just put in your details and it will match you up with the account you have made and you can log on to student essentials and I got my amazon voucher that way. But I'm probably just impatient :smile:
Original post by starman
Yeah I opened a student account on Wednesday, cards arrived on Friday, just waiting for that email now. Hope it arrives soon. Want to buy some little bits and bobs with the gift certificate before uni.

Wow your card arrived two days after applying? Did you get your pin code as well?
I'm still waiting for my welcome email too. I applied on the 30th and received my card two days ago but still no welcome email. :frown:
Original post by Wonderer1
I'm still waiting for my welcome email too. I applied on the 30th and received my card two days ago but still no welcome email. :frown:

Follow the link student exclusives that was posted on this thread and try registering. Have you managed to receive your pin and did you get an overdraft? I'm just wondering because I applied yesterday
Original post by Fullycorporate
Follow the link student exclusives that was posted on this thread and try registering. Have you managed to receive your pin and did you get an overdraft? I'm just wondering because I applied yesterday

I remember reading somewhere on the website it said we shouldn't register unless we received our email and I don't know what you mean by pin because I previously had a HSBC account and just converted it to a student one so I already had a pin. I have already receiving my overdraft it became available as soon as my appointment was over.

EDIT: Deciding to just go for it and use the link and I got my voucher now. Thanks. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Wonderer1
I remember reading somewhere on the website it said we shouldn't register unless we received our email and I don't know what you mean by pin because I previously had a HSBC account and just converted it to a student one so I already had a pin. I have already receiving my overdraft it became available as soon as my appointment was over.

Well it's been at least 7 working days now so I think you can try it? Did you get any paperwork at the branch with your details because I applied online and gave my supporting documents to the branch. They said I should wait for my details to come in the post

edit: just saw that you managed to get your voucher which is great :smile: you said you previously had an account so your process was a bit different to mine, I'll just wait and see :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Im thinking of opening a student bank account, does the student exclusive discounts still ongoing? i hear (from my local branch) its not longer available for us and that the voucher is the main incentive?
Original post by DarkChaoz95
Im thinking of opening a student bank account, does the student exclusive discounts still ongoing? i hear (from my local branch) its not longer available for us and that the voucher is the main incentive?

I've just opened an account with HSBC and they sent me an email about the amazon voucher and student discounts.
Reply 13
Original post by Moustasha_
Hey same problem been waiting ages still haven't received anything yet if its been 7 working days or more then https://studentexclusives.hsbc.co.uk/1/Registration/?site=Generic just put in your details and it will match you up with the account you have made and you can log on to student essentials and I got my amazon voucher that way. But I'm probably just impatient :smile:

I just tried this, unable to resist the temptation. Received no email and have surely just ****ed everything up as a result. Brilliant.

EDIT: Was in my Junk folder!
(edited 9 years ago)
I have signed into the student exclusives website but cant find the amazon voucher code. do they email it to you then? I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now
Reply 15
Do you know how the amazon voucher works? Do we have to use it all at once or can we use it over a few transactions?? Thanks!
I did my application online and still haven't received the paper work in the post. Does anyone know how long this normally takes to get to you?
Original post by Jaywatson123
I did my application online and still haven't received the paper work in the post. Does anyone know how long this normally takes to get to you?

Same here.. applied online over two weeks ago and nothing. I wrnt into branch on wednesday of this week and applied and got an account. My debit and credit card came today. I suggest go into branch. I'm still waiting on my welcome email too but as other people on here have said, theres another way to get the Amazon gift card and I am very impatient so I will be doing it the other way. Good luck with the account.
Reply 18
It took me a good 3-4 weeks from applying online until I received anything in the post - takes a while! Definitely easier to go into the branch and book an appointment.
After opening my student account with HSBC, I spent two weeks waiting for my email which never came. So I signed up using the link that was posted above by moustacha_ Although I successfully signed up and went into the student members area, i still couldn't find the voucher.

If anyone is also having this problem, I spoke to the HSBC discounts team on 01565 831 126. I couldn't access the voucher because the person who signed me up in branch didn't tick a box that she should have. Anyway, because its a marketing company within HSBC, they had to send a request to another department in the company to get the box ticked. They have promised me a week, it's just because the tick wasn't on the application so i wasn't given the correct clearance level.

You have to WORK for this £60 guys ! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending