The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ben4444
Not at all
Gcse 10A*
AS Biology A Maths A F maths A Physics B and chemistry C
Ukcat 710

The reason I thought that sgul might be good for me is that I'm taking bio, chem, maths and f maths to A2 so they may not judge me so much on my C in chem as chem wasn't a requirement at A2 (even though I'm sure I can get an A in chem) does that make sense? I'm predicted A* A* A A, but I'm not sure that sgul is such a good choice now😔

Oh I see. But on their website it tells u the min AS grades u need to get for u to be considered right? Have u checked it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4444
Not at all
Gcse 10A*
AS Biology A Maths A F maths A Physics B and chemistry C
Ukcat 710

The reason I thought that sgul might be good for me is that I'm taking bio, chem, maths and f maths to A2 so they may not judge me so much on my C in chem as chem wasn't a requirement at A2 (even though I'm sure I can get an A in chem) does that make sense? I'm predicted A* A* A A, but I'm not sure that sgul is such a good choice now😔

You need to have minimum B in the subject you dropped :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
You need to have minimum B in the subject you dropped :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm dropping physics at a B so that should be okay. My problem is the C in chem which I'll be carrying on. Even though I'm predicted an A and know I can achieve one, will they believe this.
Original post by Joannywhite
Oh I see. But on their website it tells u the min AS grades u need to get for u to be considered right? Have u checked it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't seen this, all I can see is that you need a B in the As you drop, which I will have with physics. Is there anything else which I haven't seen? Thanks for your help, it's all so complicated.
Original post by Ben4444
No I haven't seen this, all I can see is that you need a B in the As you drop, which I will have with physics. Is there anything else which I haven't seen? Thanks for your help, it's all so complicated.

Ah ok I was looking at the adjusted criteria sorry. :tongue: Where it says u need to at least AABb or BBCb to be considered. But im guessing this doesn't apply to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah ok I was looking at the adjusted criteria sorry. :tongue: Where it says u need to at least AABb or BBCb to be considered. But im guessing this doesn't apply to you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it doesn't, but thanks so much for your help😊
Original post by Ben4444
No it doesn't, but thanks so much for your help😊

No worries :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ben4444
Hi, I'm dropping physics at a B so that should be okay. My problem is the C in chem which I'll be carrying on. Even though I'm predicted an A and know I can achieve one, will they believe this.

Hmhm I'm not sure, I think you're best bet is to email the admissions tutor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saywhatyoumean
Hmhm I'm not sure, I think you're best bet is to email the admissions tutor :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do! Thanks for your help, much appreciated☺️
Original post by Murrray123
I think with St George's it's based on your interview and how well you do in it.

This is because they interview everyone who meets the cut-offs so that is ALOT of people. You have to stand out and do well to be offered a place.

So to meet the cut off, is it just academic? Or also based on your personal statement?
What was the UKCAT cut-off for St George's last year?
Original post by priyanka44

Someone on here said 647?? Fingers crossed it doesn't get any higher

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by priyanka44

647.5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tanishasharma
So to meet the cut off, is it just academic? Or also based on your personal statement?

They say they don't look at your PS before you're given an interview. You never know they may look at it but i think for an interview you need to meet the academic cutoffs.
(edited 9 years ago)

Do you go to st.georges?
Original post by Jaska
Do you go to st.georges?

Nope. I applied last year, got an interview, got wait listed and didn't survive the list. Im gonna be reapplying this year hopefully. There's a 2015 applicant thread. Come join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. I applied last year, got an interview, got wait listed and didn't survive the list. Im gonna be reapplying this year hopefully. There's a 2015 applicant thread. Come join :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

o, no wonder you know so much about them xD where else did you apply, and where are you going to apply now?
Original post by Jaska
o, no wonder you know so much about them xD where else did you apply, and where are you going to apply now?

Last year I also applied to Sheffield, Aberdeen and Dundee. This year is pretty much complicated :tongue:
Where u gonna apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year I also applied to Sheffield, Aberdeen and Dundee. This year is pretty much complicated :tongue:
Where u gonna apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

UEA/Plymouth/St.Georges/Lancaster

Apply safe as possible with my stats and hope I can impress at interview if i get some :smile:
Original post by Jaska
UEA/Plymouth/St.Georges/Lancaster

Apply safe as possible with my stats and hope I can impress at interview if i get some :smile:

Good choices. Im sure ull be fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending