The Student Room Group

Is it normal to feel so lonely even when people are around you?

I genuinely feel lonely for some reason. I spent around 8 hours today with my friend and I even stay at his home sometimes and we are ever so close but I feel so lonely? Also when I' in school I have many friends and I talk to almost about everyone and even talking to them I feel like I'm missing something and the feeling of loneliness appears. Why is that? And does anyone else feel this way sometimes?
Yes, I used to have that feeling pretty much. I always got a feeling that I am missing out on things with friends ect. The way I dealt with it was by having less friends and become better friends with a few people...
Sure, being lonely is a condition of the modern-day society.
Reply 3
Being alone and lonely are two very different things, so yes. It is possible and I have felt it quite a lot recently,
Original post by Anonokay
I genuinely feel lonely for some reason. I spent around 8 hours today with my friend and I even stay at his home sometimes and we are ever so close but I feel so lonely? Also when I' in school I have many friends and I talk to almost about everyone and even talking to them I feel like I'm missing something and the feeling of loneliness appears. Why is that? And does anyone else feel this way sometimes?

There's a difference between being alone and lonely, which is why you can feel lonely even when there are lots of people around. I would guess that this stems from you not necessarily connecting on a real level with your friends. Making small talk is all well and good, but have you recently had any deep conversations? Things that are upsetting you, things that you are looking forward to doing etc?
Reply 5
Maybe you miss TSR? :awesome:
Original post by Enoxial
Maybe you miss TSR? :awesome:

:biggrin: Of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I'mNoSuperman
There's a difference between being alone and lonely, which is why you can feel lonely even when there are lots of people around. I would guess that this stems from you not necessarily connecting on a real level with your friends. Making small talk is all well and good, but have you recently had any deep conversations? Things that are upsetting you, things that you are looking forward to doing etc?

I talk about things I'm looking forward too, I prefer to keep certain upsetting things to myself. That is just preference really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In a world of social media, we are feeling more alone than ever. It's all about status and people think they're entitled to so much so they become selfish and forget how to give to other people and be a good friend, making people feel welcome and appreciated. Lots of people are just too concerned with themselves and where they're going.
I feel lonely quite a lot, I'm just quite a sad sack, memories upset me even if they're happy, I'm always very aware that this moment will be a memory soon, and people I'm attached to aren't always going to be around. You should try and open up to someone, a few good friends are better than lots of shallow, face value friends who you don't connect with on a deeper level. I hope you don't feel so alone in your loneliness. :wink:
Yes it is.There are 14 million people around me in my city and im quite alone.It's 21st century.
Us loners aren't alone anymore, if I knew you all in person, then we could have a share and hugs circle. Have a great life guys, message me if you want to talk some time :smile:
Original post by shoot_the_moon
Us loners aren't alone anymore, if I knew you all in person, then we could have a share and hugs circle. Have a great life guys, message me if you want to talk some time :smile:

Hug circle, you are the cutest. ;D

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes ive felt lonely even when surrounded by people specially when they dont share or have the same knowledge or interest about things that i do.

but i also am very fond of being on my own. and i very very rarely feel lonely when its just me and the dogs.
I get that feeling when i'm on a packed train. You're not alone, but you feel so lonely :frown:
Reply 14
Yes you can be lonely around lots of people. I regularly feel quite lonely, it's normal.
Btw it happens. Maybe you are more of an anxious person that is why you are feeling that way. You could open up bto your friend about how you are feeling thing. Maybe she can help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending