The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Cilic too good atm. The courts are also faster this year and you can see why Cilic is doing so well.

And Serena wins another title and another slam. :yawn:
Reply 2241
Cilic now 2 sets to love up. It's gonna be a mountainous struggle for Kei if he wants to break back.
Original post by Badshah

And Serena wins another title and another slam. :yawn:

Her first slam this year. Hardly "yawnworthy". Not nearly as boring as this men's final

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chances of Nishikori coming back?
Original post by TH3-FL45H

Cilic seems to be blinking right now but Nishikori doesn't seem like he has much in the tank even if he manages to win a set

Posted from TSR Mobile
Disappointing final so far, mainly the lack of form shown by Kei, was hoping for a dog fight but Kei is just getting bullied out there
Reply 2246

Slim, I'd say. He looks pretty exhausted, and who can blame him after his last few matches..

Cilic doesn't seem to be phased.

Edit: also, missing his chance to break Cilic in that first game can't have helped rebuild his spirit much either...
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2247
Original post by lizzy95
Disappointing final so far, mainly the lack of form shown by Kei, was hoping for a dog fight but Kei is just getting bullied out there

To be fair, two 5 setters and a 4 setter against players within the top 7 is pretty exhausting work!
(edited 9 years ago)
Break in the third set

Fourth set looking unlikely
Original post by Skkc16
Her first slam this year. Hardly "yawnworthy". Not nearly as boring as this men's final

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not a fan of Serena and it's her third straight US Open. I was hoping that someone else like Wozniacki would win but it wasn't to be. :frown:
Original post by RyJ
To be fair, two 5 setters and a 4 setter against players within the top 7 is pretty exhausting work!

Of course but you'd think with two days rest and the motivation of the occasion you'd be able to make something happen. Kei has done well regardless though, his run to get to final was incredible
Shame about the final, Cilic although a nice guy doesn't strike me as interesting GS winner. However Kei will have more opportunities in the future I am sure!
Nishikori wasting all his break points
Cilic has played perfect tennis for 6 straight sets since his match with Federer. Never thought he had it in him personally. Kei has been very disappointing, I put it down to fatigue but Cilic has also been just unplayable tonight.
So cilic wins

Gutted for Nishikori

Beat Djokovic, Wawrinka and Raonic but then lost in the final in straight sets
Well played by Cilic, missed the US Open last year and won the title this year, great tournament for him and Kei. It's getting crowded at the top now
Well done Marian. A deserved winner. Tough day in the office for Kei but I'm sure he will back in the final of a GS in no time.
Original post by Badshah
Well done Marian. A deserved winner. Tough day in the office for Kei but I'm sure he will back in the final of a GS in no time.

*Marin
Well done Cilic. Am positive Nishikori will get some grand slams in his career.

Posted from TSR Mobile
*Marin

Lol thanks for the correction.

Quick Reply

Latest