The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Just noticed that Cilic got through his QF, SF and F without losing a single set -- I can't remember the last time that this has happened on the men's side (probably Nadal RG 2010?). It's bizarre to think that his toughest match by far was the five-set battle that he had with Simon in the fourth round.
I wonder if Cilic can become a top player or is he just a one tournament wonder? No one ever thought of him as a slam winner so well done to him and Ivanisevic.
Original post by Ashnard
Just noticed that Cilic got through his QF, SF and F without losing a single set -- I can't remember the last time that this has happened on the men's side (probably Nadal RG 2010?). It's bizarre to think that his toughest match by far was the five-set battle that he had with Simon in the fourth round.

Lost a set to Anderson but didn't lose one to Berdych, Federer or Nishikori
I like the way Marin plays but he has boring personality.
Incredible performance from Cilic. Nishikori was poor, but I've never seen a player stay in the zone for as long as Cilic has done since his match with Federer. Congrats to him!

Hope Kei springs back and keeps improving. He really needs to get some more pop on his serve the way Chang beefed up his back in his era.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Lost a set to Anderson but didn't lose one to Berdych, Federer or Nishikori

Lost 2 to Simon.
Original post by Badshah
Lost 2 to Simon.

What's your point? I wasn't talking about him. Ashnard already talked about him

I wanted to highlight the fact that he lost a set to a much inferior player in Anderson compared to the others
Original post by Ashnard
Djokovic was pretty beastly at AO '11, only lost like 1 set in round 2 iirc.
Original post by Multitalented me

:yep:

To Dodig :lol:
Original post by Multitalented me

Oh yeah I forgot about that one. It's still a great achievement though, and especially so considering it's his first major.
What's your point? I wasn't talking about him. Ashnard already talked about him

I wanted to highlight the fact that he lost a set to a much inferior player in Anderson compared to the others

Ok relax. Just thought that you didn't know that he lost 2 to Simon.
Original post by Badshah
Ok relax. Just thought that you didn't know that he lost 2 to Simon.

Sorry. Didn't realise that came across aggressively.
Sorry. Didn't realise that came across aggressively.

No problem.
Brilliant performance from Marin! Well deserved!

Posted from TSR Mobile
The rest of the season and the Australian Open next year are gonna be so interesting
Original post by lizzy95
The rest of the season and the Australian Open next year are gonna be so interesting

It feels as though we are in a transition period, next year will give us a further insight. Maybe the next few years will be much more unpredictable with ten players with a chance of winning a slam. I still believe Murray will win at least one more slam, with him having a great chance in the AO in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone been following the Davis Cup? Switzerland and France have stormed into the final - some very interesting match ups to follow in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, and a big decision for France to make regarding the location and surface of the match. Clay would seem a logical decision though not sure if possible to play outdoors in November.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Obviously could play on clay indoors

Posted from TSR Mobile
Del Potro has withdrawn from Malaysia, Shanghai and Bejing. Aiming to come back on the 13th Oct for Vienna, Basel and Paris.

Quick Reply

Latest