The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2880
Original post by Valvopus
Being at home is definitely better for my mood, picked up supplies for a baking day on Wednesday (I'd bake tomorrow but I want my brother to tidy the kitchen before I mess it up). Anxiety is playing up a bit lot but it's infinitely preferable to how I was last week

What are you baking? :smile: I'm hoping to have a baking day this week if I can be bothered venturing out for ingredients :tongue:.

Original post by SweetNothing

After talking about and looking at dogs for over a month now i've finally put a deposit down on one of these little cuties.

:woo:!!

What type is it? I'm completely clueless about dogs :colondollar: :tongue:! And what is it's name?
Original post by luno
Sorry for the late reply! I'm ok, how are you?

that's okay :smile: im okay I guess, was going to start college this week but with so much still to sort out (finance, support, etc) I decided to defer it for another year so I can be much better prepared for it next year. had a headache all evening/night though :erm: drinking tons of juice and watching some films to make me feel better though! hope things are good with you? :smile:

Original post by tasha96
Being invisible to others is excellent- I'd thouroughly reccomend it. Does wonders for your confidence and self esteem. Not to mention social isolation levels and general overall wellbeing.

:hugs: that sounds awful, it's never nice when people don't notice you, especially when you feel down anyway, I hope you are okay though? am sure other people will notice you even if the people who made you feel like this didn't!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by luno

What type is it? I'm completely clueless about dogs :colondollar: :tongue:! And what is it's name?

He's a shih-tzu/yorkie cross :colondollar: and I haven't chosen a name yet, i'm torn between a few :tongue:
Why am I always so awake when I've been drinking? I need sleep :frown: I also need to eat something otherwise I'll be ill tomorrow but idk what :frown:
Original post by lauraaaaa
Why am I always so awake when I've been drinking? I need sleep :frown: I also need to eat something otherwise I'll be ill tomorrow but idk what :frown:

Eat like toast or bread or something soaks the alcohol right up
Eat like toast or bread or something soaks the alcohol right up

Really not feeling up to food, but I'd better eat something
Original post by SassQueen13
:hugs: overthinking is horrible, I hope you get some sleep and not let your thoughts take over :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did eventually thanks, once I'd calmed down a bit I actually slept quite well! Family have all just gone out, so might go back for a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2887
Original post by furryface12
I did eventually thanks, once I'd calmed down a bit I actually slept quite well! Family have all just gone out, so might go back for a bit...

Posted from TSR Mobile

So lazy :p:
Original post by samba
So lazy :p:

I'm tireddd, yesterday half killed me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
10 days till university starts and i've been having daily panic attacks about whether i'll be accepted because of my NVLD and autism and the fact that I'm Christian and awesome or if people will think I'm the spawn of the devil
Thanks to everyone who posted about Violet. :grouphugs:

After talking about and looking at dogs for over a month now i've finally put a deposit down on one of these little cuties.

Too cute! :woo:

Original post by tasha96
Being invisible to others is excellent- I'd thouroughly reccomend it. Does wonders for your confidence and self esteem. Not to mention social isolation levels and general overall wellbeing.

:hugs: Been meaning to ask you if you were ok after last week. Did you get to the doctors and then home alright in the end?
Original post by luno
What are you baking? :smile: I'm hoping to have a baking day this week if I can be bothered venturing out for ingredients :tongue:.

Chocolate cake. It's a pretty brilliant one (anything containing half a kilo of chocolate is brilliant) but I do need to work out the icing for it since that tend to not go quite right. May also make cookies depending on if I run out of ingredients. Baking days are awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad
10 days till university starts and i've been having daily panic attacks about whether i'll be accepted because of my NVLD and autism and the fact that I'm Christian and awesome or if people will think I'm the spawn of the devil

:hugs: I'm sure you will, you won't be the only one there worried about it but hopefully it'll be fine! Maybe if you explained to people about your autism etc they might understand a bit more? And you could always join the Christian society (if there is such thing) and then people there definitely won't think you're weird for that, and it gives you something in common to talk about to start off with? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad

Praying for you. Most unis have a Christian Union so look into that.
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Praying for you. Most unis have a Christian Union so look into that.

thank you (: I've seen the Christian union on Facebook I'm hoping everyone is nice
My nephews birthday today
:woo: :party:
Cant believe hes a year old already!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2896
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
that's okay :smile: im okay I guess, was going to start college this week but with so much still to sort out (finance, support, etc) I decided to defer it for another year so I can be much better prepared for it next year. had a headache all evening/night though :erm: drinking tons of juice and watching some films to make me feel better though! hope things are good with you? :smile:

Deferring is a good idea till you're all organised and prepared. You can slowly make sure everything is sorted out so you can start with a lot less stress! I'm happy for you - I remember reading how you missed uni and stuff so hopefully college will put you on the path to something good :hugs:.

What will you be studying? I'm sure you've posted it before but I can't remember, sorry :colondollar:.

What did you watch? I watched a terrible horror movie the other day which was more funny than scary :lol:.

:hugs: I also had a headache last night (from crying :facepalm:). How are you feeling today?

I'm ok... I read something sad online instead of trying to sleep and ended up crying. I felt down anyway and cried for over an hour at 3am, initially about what I read then just because I felt horrid :frown:. I'm feeling a bit empty this morning but I'm ok (other than still having a slight headache from crying). Things aren't really good because I withdrew from my course as I was having doubts about it/ wanted to explore my other interests... initially I was kind of relieved but I just feel worried all the time because it's the first time I've never had a plan or not known what I'm doing... :afraid:.

He's a shih-tzu/yorkie cross :colondollar: and I haven't chosen a name yet, i'm torn between a few :tongue:

I've always liked shih-tzus and yorkies :smile:.

Maybe we can help you decide on a name (if you want)?

Original post by Valvopus
Chocolate cake. It's a pretty brilliant one (anything containing half a kilo of chocolate is brilliant) but I do need to work out the icing for it since that tend to not go quite right. May also make cookies depending on if I run out of ingredients. Baking days are awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Half a kilo of chocolate! Is it a big cake or just super chocolaty? Why doesn't the icing tend to go right?

:five: for baking days! I'll let you know if I actually bake something!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Hope it's not too late to say good luck for the surgery :hugs:

Original post by superwolf
Good luck! :jumphug:

Original post by lauraaaaa
hope everything went well, and that recovery isn't too painful :hugs:

Thanks all. It went fine but i'm still recovering. Had a miniature breakdown yesterday after the morphine in my system left, let's just say that plus codeine is quite a combo :colonhash:

I think it went okay. I won't know for a few weeks.

Wolfie sorry to hear about your mouse :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
have the doctors this afternoon and i'm more nervy than i normally am for my appointments :erm:

just don't want to get told off for going through withdrawal for a week instead of finding an emergency prescription...
Original post by superwolf

:hugs: Been meaning to ask you if you were ok after last week. Did you get to the doctors and then home alright in the end?

Im sorry the phone cut out! :frown:
It wasnt great. :frown: This has been a pretty ****ty week. :cry2: Feel really lost. :cry2:
How are you? :hugs: I'm really sorry about Violet. :frown:

Latest