The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Level Geography Unit 2 Notes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AyeshaAK
Hi!!! I was wondering if anyone sat the JUNE 2013 UNIT 2 paper?? I need some help and would like to know if these were the questions for the june 2013 that came up for crowded coasts and rebranding.
Please if anyone could remember the questions.. could u try to confirm and remember if these were the ones?

CROWDED COASTS:
2 (a) Suggest how the photographs show possible conflicts between groups over the development of the coast.
2( b ) Using examples, explain how different strategies can be used to make coastal management more sustainable.
2 ( c) Describe the results and conclusions of the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities of the coast.
2(c) Describe the results and conclusions of the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate the pressure of human activities of the coast.

Re branding places:
4(A) comment on how the three strategies shown could contribute to urban re-imaging.
4(b) For either an urban or a rural area, describe the fieldwork and research you undertook to investigate why the area needed rebranding.
4(c) Using examples, explain the roles of different players involved in helping to rebrand rural areas.

Thank you!!

Hiya I know that the rebranding questions are right :smile: I actually did really well on this paper! Got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by lala121
Hiya I know that the rebranding questions are right :smile: I actually did really well on this paper! Got full marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fantastic. How did you revise? Any tips?
Reply 22
Has anyone got tips on answering the 25 mark questions which is my biggest downfall. I really struggle to get past 16 - 18 marks on those questions.
Reply 23
Original post by chatty
That's fantastic. How did you revise? Any tips?

For the 10 markers know you case studies in depth and theory. Literally recite it.

For the 15 markers fieldwork question I suggest you go on a lying spree. Whereever you did ur fieldwork no matter how **** it was or fieldwork or research you didn't do just LIE, however practice lying before the exam. Make mock up essays for them and literally memorise them. Basically for flooding I lied about questionnaires, sampling, piloting surveys before hand and even other things. Questions are usually all the same and dont change maybe just the wording so just memorise. But even then still make sure that you can change your knowledge to suit the questions :smile:
Reply 24
my teacher always said to mention 2/3 methods for resesrch and 3/4methods for fieldwork . That's and then describe it well. not long .. but detailed!
Reply 25
Original post by lala121
For the 10 markers know you case studies in depth and theory. Literally recite it.

For the 15 markers fieldwork question I suggest you go on a lying spree. Whereever you did ur fieldwork no matter how **** it was or fieldwork or research you didn't do just LIE, however practice lying before the exam. Make mock up essays for them and literally memorise them. Basically for flooding I lied about questionnaires, sampling, piloting surveys before hand and even other things. Questions are usually all the same and dont change maybe just the wording so just memorise. But even then still make sure that you can change your knowledge to suit the questions :smile:

Thanks so much.:smile:
Reply 26
Original post by AyeshaAK
my teacher always said to mention 2/3 methods for resesrch and 3/4methods for fieldwork . That's and then describe it well. not long .. but detailed!

Thanks a lot.:smile:
Reply 27
Original post by chatty
Thanks so much.:smile:

Dont worry boo! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by lala121
Dont worry boo! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't happen to have super notes that you fancy sharing by any chance??:smile:
Reply 29
Original post by k.suhaimi
Continued (2):

Fantastic notes. Thanks so much. You don't happen to have Unit 1 notes by any chance?:smile:
Reply 30
Original post by chatty
You don't happen to have super notes that you fancy sharing by any chance??:smile:

I will see what i can do :biggrin::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
Original post by lala121
I will see what i can do :biggrin::yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much.:smile:
Thanks for these notes they were brilliant :smile:
Ik its a bit late now but these were my Geog notes for AS:
http://nickmynotes.wordpress.com/as-geography/

It might help anyone who is taking it next year... or having to resit
hopefully I won't have to :frown:
Reply 33
How did you do in geography?
Original post by Sumena
How did you do in geography?

Who is this question aimed at? :smile: just everyone generally? :tongue:
Thanks so much for all the notes. I get the crowded coasts stuff, but our teacher who teaches us rebranding is not very good so I've not really understood it or really got what we've been taught. But, with these notes they are really helpful and I understand the topic now. Which is good because I have been predicted an A/A* in geography and was slightly worried about it. so thanks
GUYS PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM EXTREAM WEATHER OR CROWDED COASTS AND REBRANDING OR UNEQUAL SPACES? what is the easiest to study?have alot of memeorising and easier to score?:frown:
Original post by anishka.stephan
GUYS PLEASE HELP ME. I HAVE TO CHOOSE FROM EXTREAM WEATHER OR CROWDED COASTS AND REBRANDING OR UNEQUAL SPACES? what is the easiest to study?have alot of memeorising and easier to score?:frown:

I don't know about the other two, but I have done Rebranding and crowded coasts. I personally prefer them simply because I have done them. But I can't say what's different or comparing all four to each others. Sorry :s-smilie:
Reply 38
Hi Guys, I am struggling to learn the case studies for my AS level exam Crowded Coasts. I live abroad so I am finding it harder to relate to the coastal areas as I don't have much experience of them. I am comfortable with my local examples but if someone could suggest the best/ easiest coastline (or even have some very basic notes fro me to remember) to enable me to contrats them that would be great.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending