The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jaska
Hmm it's really does seem ukcat scores have dropped this year :/ good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. All the best to u too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
I called up St George's today because I wanted to find out if my A level grades met their entry requirements.
I have As in Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and a B in Biology and they said that this would be fine.
The lady specified that you need three As at A level so if you are doing 4 A levels and you get a B in either Biology or Chemistry, as long as you have 3 As and you do Biology and Chemistry, it shoukd be fine.
If you are unsure, please call them and ask. Dont make assumptions. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Joannywhite
Hi guys,
I called up St George's today because I wanted to find out if my A level grades met their entry requirements.
I have As in Chemistry, Maths and Further Maths and a B in Biology and they said that this would be fine.
The lady specified that you need three As at A level so if you are doing 4 A levels and you get a B in either Biology or Chemistry, as long as you have 3 As and you do Biology and Chemistry, it shoukd be fine.
If you are unsure, please call them and ask. Dont make assumptions. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know if they only guarantee you an interview if you have achieved AAA at a level? or can you be predicted AAA and get a guaranteed interview.
Original post by Jaska
Do you know if they only guarantee you an interview if you have achieved AAA at a level? or can you be predicted AAA and get a guaranteed interview.

If you are predicted AAA too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
I'm getting predicted A*BB, can i get in?
Original post by Dsg_19
I'm getting predicted A*BB, can i get in?

I would call them up and ask if I were you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you are predicted AAA too. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

O that is so awesome. What was the interview like last year, how should we prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
The UKCAT cut off will only be released in in November after you have applied. But you need to get at least 500 in each section.
The cutoff last year was 647.5 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

any idea what it is this year ???
Original post by ANCH-MED
any idea what it is this year ???

Probably up another 10-20 on the avg considering the past increases.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 89
Original post by Jaska
Probably up another 10-20 on the avg considering the past increases.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it may drop because scores are dropping due to hard DA on UKCAT
Original post by Jaska
O that is so awesome. What was the interview like last year, how should we prepare?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought the interview was tough tbh. You might find the experience different though. All I can say is know your personal statement inside out, read about the current medical issues and practice answering the interview questions in 5 mins. The new isc medical interview book has some tips for mmi interviews with many practice questions too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ANCH-MED
I thought it may drop because scores are dropping due to hard DA on UKCAT

Yeah but every year applicants increase yet places are almost always kept the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the interview was tough tbh. You might find the experience different though. All I can say is know your personal statement inside out, read about the current medical issues and practice answering the interview questions in 5 mins. The new isc medical interview book has some tips for mmi interviews with many practice questions too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long did you the whole interview process last and when did you get the invite on UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
How long did you the whole interview process last and when did you get the invite on UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It lasted about 40mins. The time goes by so fast trust me.
They started handing out invites in November. I got mine early december. They interview till April possibly :tongue:
Oh they send u an email too.
Posted from TSR Mobile
It lasted about 40mins. The time goes by so fast trust me.
They started handing out invites in November. I got mine early december. They interview till April possibly :tongue:
Oh they send u an email too.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you hand in your application quite early on in sept or did you apply in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Hmm it's really does seem ukcat scores have dropped this year :/ good luck with your application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, just wondering, how does it seem the UKCAT scores have dropped this year? Do you have any statistical proof or are you basing it on scores you've heard about?

I'm not trying to sound accusational or anything, i just want to know if there's any way of comparing my results to see where i stand.
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
Hi, just wondering, how does it seem the UKCAT scores have dropped this year? Do you have any statistical proof or are you basing it on scores you've heard about?

I'm not trying to sound accusational or anything, i just want to know if there's any way of comparing my results to see where i stand.

Last year Average: 2643 http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2013%20Testing%20Statistics.pdf

This year average till August 8th: 2536
http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/uploads/pdf/2014%20Preliminary%20Mean%20Scores%20140814.pdf
Reply 97
Anyone coming to the open day this Saturday??

Oh right. Thanks. I thought you might be talking about that, but deep down, I was just hoping that you might have discovered an updated version!
Original post by N.Choi
Anyone coming to the open day this Saturday??

i booked it but have no idea how to get there :L

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending