The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

sooo PHQ9 and GAD7 scores have both gone up since I've done ACT. clearly a great help there then.
Got a letter from Mind asking me when I'm free for therapy, this is a referral from my doctor. Does this mean I won't be having NHS talking therapy and will be having it with Mind instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
sooo PHQ9 and GAD7 scores have both gone up since I've done ACT. clearly a great help there then.

Are you putting as much of what you learned into practice? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Thanks all. It went fine but i'm still recovering. Had a miniature breakdown yesterday after the morphine in my system left, let's just say that plus codeine is quite a combo :colonhash:

I think it went okay. I won't know for a few weeks.

Wolfie sorry to hear about your mouse :frown:

:hugs: Sorry to hear about the breakdown, but it's good that the operation went as planned.

Thanks. :smile:

Original post by tasha96
Im sorry the phone cut out! :frown:
It wasnt great. :frown: This has been a pretty ****ty week. :cry2: Feel really lost. :cry2:
How are you? :hugs: I'm really sorry about Violet. :frown:

Yeah, I figured, don't worry about it. :smile:

My week's not turning out to be the greatest either, but we'll get through it. :jumphug: I'm coping better with the news about Violet today, just had to have a day of complete meltdown yesterday. :colondollar:

Got a letter from Mind asking me when I'm free for therapy, this is a referral from my doctor. Does this mean I won't be having NHS talking therapy and will be having it with Mind instead?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're generally not supposed to have two sets of therapy going on at the same time, so yep, it would seem you'll be getting it with Mind. :smile:

Sabertooth
:u:

Hat wool arrived yesterday, am speeding ahead with it. Need the circumference of your head though to work out how much to shrink it.
Arghhh frustrated and in a mess :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have signed up to run the Great North Run in 2015 for Mind, aiming to raise £500 for them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always liked shih-tzus and yorkies :smile:.

Maybe we can help you decide on a name (if you want)?
/QUOTE]

Me too they're so small and fluffy.

Yes! Would love that, my favourite at the moment is dobby (yes from Harry potter :tongue:) but totally unsure yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tasha96
Im sorry the phone cut out! :frown:
It wasnt great. :frown: This has been a pretty ****ty week. :cry2: Feel really lost. :cry2:
How are you? :hugs: I'm really sorry about Violet. :frown:

:frown: :hugs:
Anything you want to rant about?

Original post by furryface12
Arghhh frustrated and in a mess :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: :hugs: Whats up?

I have signed up to run the Great North Run in 2015 for Mind, aiming to raise £500 for them :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! I'm sure when you get around to fundraising a few of us here will be more than happy to donate :smile:
Thanks all. It went fine but i'm still recovering. Had a miniature breakdown yesterday after the morphine in my system left, let's just say that plus codeine is quite a combo :colonhash:

I think it went okay. I won't know for a few weeks.

Wolfie sorry to hear about your mouse :frown:

Yeah I refused the pain medication because it made me feel weird so I just told them to stop giving me anything :lol: glad it went well though :')

---------------------------------
Not even hungover :party:
Original post by superwolf

Yeah, I figured, don't worry about it. :smile:

My week's not turning out to be the greatest either, but we'll get through it. :jumphug: I'm coping better with the news about Violet today, just had to have a day of complete meltdown yesterday. :colondollar:

:lovehug:
That's totally understandable! :frown: :hugs: I just want to curl up under the covers and make more squares for my blanket. :emo: But I cant. :sad: Sucks to have responsibilities. :tongue:
Very very happy panda
:party:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SweetNothing

Me too they're so small and fluffy.

Yes! Would love that, my favourite at the moment is dobby (yes from Harry potter :tongue:)...

DOBBY!!!!! :gah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I propose a celebratory mhss fundraising ceilidh! :ahee: :ninja: No I'm not obsessed - and I resent the accusation!!! :hmmm: :ninja: :tongue:

Original post by WelshBluebird
:frown: :hugs:
Anything you want to rant about?

:frown: :hugs: Whats up?

Good luck! I'm sure when you get around to fundraising a few of us here will be more than happy to donate :smile:

Just that being sick is **** and the world outside of the little bubble of safe people I've created is a very scary place. :frown:
Are you putting as much of what you learned into practice? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. just doesn't work for me. for people with certain thought patterns it can work, I'm not one of them
My friend pointed out that most of my questionable decisions occur when I'm bored or anxious, she has a point. Was debating trying to cut my own hair earlier, and customising some old tshirt thay don't fit anymore. Then I remembered my inability to cut in a straight line or sew. Settled for Jeremy kyle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
urghhhhhhhh. its like im dead with my eyes open. no point. feel eroded to the core
Therapy assessment went ok, and the person was really nice! She's offered me a few different options for the CBT though:

-Computerised
-Group session (although she said that it wouldn't be group therapy?)
-One to one

My initial preference is the latter, but I don't know if I'm being too dismissive of the first two? Anybody got any thoughts/experiences/pros or cons that I should know about? She's going to call me tomorrow anyway, so have got a bit of time to think about it! :smile:
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Sorry to hear about the breakdown, but it's good that the operation went as planned.

You're generally not supposed to have two sets of therapy going on at the same time, so yep, it would seem you'll be getting it with Mind. :smile:

I think the breakdown was just a morphine come down, let's be honest it's the same chemical as heroine :colondollar:

Poor violet. Sometimes a mini breakdown helps get your feelings out, no need to feel embarrassed. :hugs:

That's right, I think I'll maybe find this better anyway as it's at my local gp surgery so easier to get to :smile:

Original post by WelshBluebird

Oh sure, I'll let everyone know when it's closer to the time. I would greatly appreciate any donation no matter how small :smile:

Original post by lauraaaaa
Yeah I refused the pain medication because it made me feel weird so I just told them to stop giving me anything :lol: glad it went well though :')

---------------------------------
Not even hungover :party:

It's horrendous, I wish I'd not had so much. The codeine is giving me hallucinations. Thanks :smile:

I never get hungover it's great! Night go well?

Original post by tasha96
I propose a celebratory mhss fundraising ceilidh! :ahee: :ninja: No I'm not obsessed - and I resent the accusation!!! :hmmm: :ninja: :tongue:

Just that being sick is **** and the world outside of the little bubble of safe people I've created is a very scary place. :frown:

I would love for any help small or large, would really appreciate it! :ahee:

That's right, the larger world can be very scary. I've also built myself a defensive bubble, no harm in that. :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
Yep. just doesn't work for me. for people with certain thought patterns it can work, I'm not one of them

I see. What other types have you tried? Something will work eventually :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still haven't got my email from uni to enroll, I emailed them on Friday and they said I should get it this week, but I'm getting worried.. What if I don't get one

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Still haven't got my email from uni to enroll, I emailed them on Friday and they said I should get it this week, but I'm getting worried.. What if I don't get one

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not enrolled for uni yet either, and I start back on the 22nd!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest