The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 2en1
We had assembly today and they were lecturing us about really silly things like punctuality, attendance and uniform. And the usual cheesy stuff like famous quotes etc.The kind of stuff u get in Y7 assemblies. No ones said anything about ucas yet, don't know what to do. Its like hello I've got my future on the line here!

Our whole school assemblies are the same with extra focus on the "expectations" of the new headmistress.

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Référence should be written by end of week I think

On aura écrit ta référence - n'est-ce pas?

That language-detecting keyboard is a bit off.
PS being checked by teachers...

Référence should be written by end of week I think

So should be sent by then

Samesies here :smile: appointment with our 'Post-16 Enrichment Tutor' next Wednesday for her to show me my reference and discuss things to put in it, and I've pretty much sorted my PS, it's just being passed around the P16ET, Head of Sixth Form and Form Tutor to cut down some characters...

Posted from TSR Mobile
University - 5 Choices help? :redface:

Q) If I'm predicted "BBB" is it worth applying to universities with "ABB" as I've seen on Results day on several student case scenarios that there are spaces left for the course?

Q) 5 Universities applying to: 2 ABB, 2 BBB, 1 BBC <---- Would this be a good plan?

Q) When reading onto some of the University courses I noticed it mentioned 'Direct entry level 1', 'Direct entry level 2' & 'Direct entry level 3'
^ what would that mean & apply to? Has anyone here seen this before?

Q) Would a foundation year/gap year w/retakes be far better off than going to a university far worse off in the League tables & your preferences?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by O133
Our whole school assemblies are the same with extra focus on the "expectations" of the new headmistress.

On aura écrit ta référence - n'est-ce pas?

That language-detecting keyboard is a bit off.

Je comprends pas.

It's the best keyboard so far imo in terms of actually guessing what I wanna say with the multiple languages

Original post by TLHroolz
Samesies here :smile: appointment with our 'Post-16 Enrichment Tutor' next Wednesday for her to show me my reference and discuss things to put in it, and I've pretty much sorted my PS, it's just being passed around the P16ET, Head of Sixth Form and Form Tutor to cut down some characters...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
University - 5 Choices help? :redface:

Q) If I'm predicted "BBB" is it worth applying to universities with "ABB" as I've seen on Results day on several student case scenarios that there are spaces left for the course?

Q) 5 Universities applying to: 2 ABB, 2 BBB, 1 BBC <---- Would this be a good plan?

Q) When reading onto some of the University courses I noticed it mentioned 'Direct entry level 1', 'Direct entry level 2' & 'Direct entry level 3'
^ what would that mean & apply to? Has anyone here seen this before?

Q) Would a foundation year/gap year w/retakes be far better off than going to a university far worse off in the League tables & your preferences?

1. Yes, definitely.

2. Looks good to me! Last year I applied for 2 AAA-ABB, 2 ABB and one BBB with predicted grades of ABB and got offers from all of them if that helps at all :smile:

3. Scottish unis generally have first and second year entry as some people do advanced highers and some don't I think. For English applicants that basically means that if you get better grades (eg my friend got an A*AA offer from Edinburgh) you can go second year entry or slightly lower grades (I got an AAA offer from Edinburgh) you go first year. Not seen any with three levels though, maybe 1 would be a foundation year? That's usually year 0 that I've seen though.

4. Depends on your preference. I'm doing the gap year/retakes one, that's more down to personal reasons though than because of the grades I got, I just happen to be making the most of it with a couple of resits while I'm here! I wouldn't have bothered otherwise, I'd much rather go to uni this time...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1965
I agree, our head of sixth just says we've done this loads of times it will be ok, there is no rush. But this is my time and for me. I decided to crack on. applying for geog probably physical at a russel group uni (AABB at AS). what I'm finding really hard is getting some relevant work experience for my personal statement. I'm reassured that it doesn't necessarily have to be relevant to geog but needs to show maturity and ability to work. another option that I saw on a website (helpwithpersonalstatement.co.uk) was to enter loads of geog based competitions and go to lectures hosted by unis. this seems easy enough and living in Leicester there are quite a few unis nearby.
Je comprends pas.

It's the best keyboard so far imo in terms of actually guessing what I wanna say with the multiple languages

They will have written your reference - but it came out as référence.
Finally got maths sorted and have an A* predicted for Physics, now maybe I stand a slightly better chance at an offer from Imperial :tongue:
Original post by O133
They will have written your reference - but it came out as référence.

I understood the French, it only just clicked what you meant:tongue:

Original post by Tibbz2
Finally got maths sorted and have an A* predicted for Physics, now maybe I stand a slightly better chance at an offer from Imperial :tongue:

Awesome! I think I'm predicted 3 A*s (4 with French) but apparently I have to actually ask teachers... :frown:

Also late but I managed a bronze in international chem Olympiad and silver in a Cambridge chem challenge apparently lol woooo and I was told it was just participation :frown:

Awesome! I think I'm predicted 3 A*s (4 with French) but apparently I have to actually ask teachers... :frown:

Also late but I managed a bronze in international chem Olympiad and silver in a Cambridge chem challenge apparently lol woooo and I was told it was just participation :frown:

Nice, congrats! Our maths department refuse to predict anyone an A* in further maths haha :tongue: I don't think I'm going to get an A* in it though, capable maybe if I'm not ill this year, but with M3 and all the FP's I probably don't stand much chance :redface:
Original post by Tibbz2
Nice, congrats! Our maths department refuse to predict anyone an A* in further maths haha :tongue: I don't think I'm going to get an A* in it though, capable maybe if I'm not ill this year, but with M3 and all the FP's I probably don't stand much chance :redface:

M2,S2,FP2?
M2,S2,FP2?

Nah I think the final ones were: FP1-3, S1, D1, M3

Then I'm also resitting M2 yeah :smile:
I feel life everything is settling back into the swing of things now, my singing lessons are being arranged, my first clarinet lesson back is tomorrow, and I've done two drafts of my personal statement already!
And I have Pizza for dinner^-^
Let's see how long this lasts...
Original post by Tibbz2
Nah I think the final ones were: FP1-3, S1, D1, M3

Then I'm also resitting M2 yeah :smile:

Ooooh will have to work hard then
Switching what course you want to do at university is the worst.. Don't have anything to write now for my personal statement
:argh::cry:
Original post by Elm Tree
Switching what course you want to do at university is the worst.. Don't have anything to write now for my personal statement

Omg what did you change from? How come you changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by marinajelly
Omg what did you change from? How come you changed?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Changed from electrical to mechanical engineering.. Went to open days kinda late, after the summer holidays, and realised that Electrical is not something I want to do.
I've messed up so bad :frown: If only I could turn back the hands of time I'd do it all so differently :moon:
Original post by Elm Tree

If it's any help, I only worked out what I wanted to do over christmas last year, managed to combine physics and music into one personal statement, applied on 9th January and came out with all five offers, so it can be done! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tibbz2

I'm jealous, would love to go there! Are you applying for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
If it's any help, I only worked out what I wanted to do over christmas last year, managed to combine physics and music into one personal statement, applied on 9th January and came out with all five offers, so it can be done! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school is forcing us to send our off by 17th October :s-smilie:

Latest