The Student Room Group

Remarks for 2014.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AlexKay99
Oh, I think I'm the only one at my center who done OCR though but never mind.
You seem like you know a lot, could you tell me whether a raw mark of 14.5/16 should be rounded to 15?

I have never seen a raw mark that wasn't a whole number so I don't know.
just to update anyone still waiting for theirs: i got a remark for my SN3 spanish oral (WJEC, non priority) on the 22nd of august, received it back today. my raw mark went up by 3, my UMS by 6 , giving me my third A* overall yaaaaay!
Anyone sent off OCR RS Philosophy and Ethics for remark?
Reply 303
Spanish back, no change :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Compost
I have never seen a raw mark that wasn't a whole number so I don't know.

I thought it was strange, it clearly states 14.5 however the total result omits this, as if it was calculated as 14 only. So strange!
I sent it off for a clerical check anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
For AQA (specifically psychology), do the examiners get a fresh copy without knowing the original mark? Because how can someone get the exam same mark after someone else marks it?:s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by c-anne-
For AQA (specifically psychology), do the examiners get a fresh copy without knowing the original mark? Because how can someone get the exam same mark after someone else marks it?:s

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe they get the same, marked script.

I've sent away my PSYA1/2, eagerly awaiting.
Original post by LividLion
I believe they get the same, marked script.

I've sent away my PSYA1/2, eagerly awaiting.

What did you get? I really wanted 95%+ but got a high B in both PSYA1/2, is it too late for a remark?
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
What did you get? I really wanted 95%+ but got a high B in both PSYA1/2, is it too late for a remark?

High C's on both papers. I was expecting an A, I think something went tremendously wrong.

The 20th of September is the deadline, you have plenty of time still.
High C's on both papers. I was expecting an A, I think something went tremendously wrong.

The 20th of September is the deadline, you have plenty of time still.

I got 74 and 70 ums, I forgot which papers. I really wanted to do well. I don't think it was you, just AQA being *******s TBH. I felt so happy after them exams, only to find I did better in Bio which was I felt worse about -_-
I got 74 and 70 ums, I forgot which papers. I really wanted to do well. I don't think it was you, just AQA being *******s TBH. I felt so happy after them exams, only to find I did better in Bio which was I felt worse about -_-

I had a friend who revised PSYA2 for weeks solid, his exam technique was spot on too. He got a D in that exam. I'm honestly not sure what happened, a part of me feels as though it's AQA's error, but I think that's unlikely.

I thought the exams were spectacular papers, everything I had revised extensively came up and I got two C's..

I'm hoping to get put up to grades similar to yours xD

Have you been predicted for A2 yet?
I had a friend who revised PSYA2 for weeks solid, his exam technique was spot on too. He got a D in that exam. I'm honestly not sure what happened, a part of me feels as though it's AQA's error, but I think that's unlikely.

I thought the exams were spectacular papers, everything I had revised extensively came up and I got two C's..

I'm hoping to get put up to grades similar to yours xD

Have you been predicted for A2 yet?

Na, but it doesn't matter as I am taking a gap year. I was achieving As all year, and was very sad because my teacher predicted only me an A in the whole class and I failed her lol. I was more disappointed than sad actually lol. But still. I know what you mean. AQA must have messed up somewhere but they can't have just given us all low grades. Something is off.

I hope you get better than me :smile:. Have you got any predictions yet?
What you thinking of doing in uni?

Just remembered I messed up on a graph question because the bloody X axis went under the allocated space so I made it so unneat, so I hope they could see that and realise it was their stupid mistake lol and not mine! Do you remember that question?
(edited 9 years ago)
Na, but it doesn't matter as I am taking a gap year. I was achieving As all year, and was very sad because my teacher predicted only me an A in the whole class and I failed her lol. I was more disappointed than sad actually lol. But still. I know what you mean. AQA must have messed up somewhere but they can't have just given us all low grades. Something is off.

I hope you get better than me :smile:. Have you got any predictions yet?
What you thinking of doing in uni?

Just remembered I messed up on a graph question because the bloody X axis went under the allocated space so I made it so unneat, so I hope they could see that and realise it was their stupid mistake lol and not mine! Do you remember that question?

Ahhh right, sounds like a plan :smile: Yeah, it sounds like such a similar situation to me in terms of the class and stuff.. I have no idea what's going on. It was rather disappointing.

Either that or the psychology makers like to feed on students tears.

I only need 3 marks across both papers, I really hope I get them marks, I kinda need them xD

Yeah, I was predicted a B, unfortunately. I'm actually hoping to do politics or something along those lines, honestly this experience has put such a sour taste in my mouth regarding psychology. I don't think I'd want to do another 3 years of it after A-Level..

How about you?
Ahhh right, sounds like a plan :smile: Yeah, it sounds like such a similar situation to me in terms of the class and stuff.. I have no idea what's going on. It was rather disappointing.

Either that or the psychology makers like to feed on students tears.

I only need 3 marks across both papers, I really hope I get them marks, I kinda need them xD

Yeah, I was predicted a B, unfortunately. I'm actually hoping to do politics or something along those lines, honestly this experience has put such a sour taste in my mouth regarding psychology. I don't think I'd want to do another 3 years of it after A-Level..

How about you?

Lol don't let it get you down. I got a D for chem when I was predicated an A lol. Really peed me off but I didn't want to leave it like that and let it laugh at me so I dropped History in which I got a B and and continued Chem. It was my fault, I revised too less for that and too much for Psychology and Bio and History. The main thing is to never let it get you down, see it as a challenge, too see if you can unlock the full potential that's inside you.

I swear, you can easily change your grade to an A with hard work man!
Uni is different also, much more coursework lol.

TBH, I am pretty pissed off, 2 weeks in and we haven't even got a Psychology teacher yet -_- FFS. I wanted to really kill this year aswell, but I can't even revise at home as it isn't as straightforward as unit 1 and 2 for bio, there is a lot of different modules you can choose from and I don't know which I have to do.

I was happy in my last year class, this year I have a class full of jackasses that like to talk a lot lol. Last year, I had an amazing class. I guess I will work harder though, now lol.

Oh and I want to try and do medicine, if not, then I will do something else that I enjoy!
Lol don't let it get you down. I got a D for chem when I was predicated an A lol. Really peed me off but I didn't want to leave it like that and let it laugh at me so I dropped History in which I got a B and and continued Chem. It was my fault, I revised too less for that and too much for Psychology and Bio and History. The main thing is to never let it get you down, see it as a challenge, too see if you can unlock the full potential that's inside you.

I swear, you can easily change your grade to an A with hard work man!
Uni is different also, much more coursework lol.

TBH, I am pretty pissed off, 2 weeks in and we haven't even got a Psychology teacher yet -_- FFS. I wanted to really kill this year aswell, but I can't even revise at home as it isn't as straightforward as unit 1 and 2 for bio, there is a lot of different modules you can choose from and I don't know which I have to do.

I was happy in my last year class, this year I have a class full of jackasses that like to talk a lot lol. Last year, I had an amazing class. I guess I will work harder though, now lol.

That would be frustrating. Predicted grades at AS just seem redundant, giving students some sort of 'expectation' when they haven't actually done a proper test on the subject in a real exam setting.. Exams are ridiculous, I actually never planned to do A-Levels, seems like a good idea in hindsight xD

I like a challenge though, and you're right. It's a push to work harder, which is never a bad thing.
I far prefer the essay element of psychology also, so it's great that it's actually the only component in PSYA3 and is 66% of PSYA4 xD

Actually? What explanation has the school gave for not having a teacher? That seems completely unreasonable.

Just sit by yourself, no distractions that way. I can't imagine jackasses doing Psychology, it seems like a more civilized environment for study xD
That would be frustrating. Predicted grades at AS just seem redundant, giving students some sort of 'expectation' when they haven't actually done a proper test on the subject in a real exam setting.. Exams are ridiculous, I actually never planned to do A-Levels, seems like a good idea in hindsight xD

I like a challenge though, and you're right. It's a push to work harder, which is never a bad thing.
I far prefer the essay element of psychology also, so it's great that it's actually the only component in PSYA3 and is 66% of PSYA4 xD

Actually? What explanation has the school gave for not having a teacher? That seems completely unreasonable.

Just sit by yourself, no distractions that way. I can't imagine jackasses doing Psychology, it seems like a more civilized environment for study xD

I call them jackasses but they are just people who don't want to work. They don't want to push themselves to their limit and cry and whine when the work gets hard. I want to be with people who apply themselves and if they get good/bad grades, it doesn't matter as long as they tried. Clearly, these guys don't even try.

School hasn't given one, but I don't think anything can be done now as I locked in PSY A2, and I don't want to get on their bad side lol.

I like sitting by myself lol. Allows me to work harder, but I used to sit by a guy last year, who was very nice and we worked together. I think he started of with Us but managed to get D, I think he could easily have gotten As if he realised how much he was worth before AS.

Isn't PSYA3 the one with 3 modules and PSYA4 the scientific methods one?
I call them jackasses but they are just people who don't want to work. They don't want to push themselves to their limit and cry and whine when the work gets hard. I want to be with people who apply themselves and if they get good/bad grades, it doesn't matter as long as they tried. Clearly, these guys don't even try.

School hasn't given one, but I don't think anything can be done now as I locked in PSY A2, and I don't want to get on their bad side lol.

I like sitting by myself lol. Allows me to work harder, but I used to sit by a guy last year, who was very nice and we worked together. I think he started of with Us but managed to get D, I think he could easily have gotten As if he realised how much he was worth before AS.

Isn't PSYA3 the one with 3 modules and PSYA4 the scientific methods one?

The worst kind.. Hold the class back to interrupt the lesson about nights out or some balls. Maybe A2 will kick them up the hole a bit so that they actually work..

I would be pretty mad tbh if I hadn't any clue what I was doing..

I've had to make that change this year, moving away from everyone so that I actually work xD That's a great improvement nevertheless.

Indeed. 3 topics for PSYA3 and 2 topics for PSYA4 then research methods.
The worst kind.. Hold the class back to interrupt the lesson about nights out or some balls. Maybe A2 will kick them up the hole a bit so that they actually work..

I would be pretty mad tbh if I hadn't any clue what I was doing..

I've had to make that change this year, moving away from everyone so that I actually work xD That's a great improvement nevertheless.

Indeed. 3 topics for PSYA3 and 2 topics for PSYA4 then research methods.

Good thing I do science, as I knew the meaning of some of PSYA4 work set such as empiricism, but I guess that also has to do with reading a lot here :biggrin:. I will PM you soon mate, to see how things are going!
Good thing I do science, as I knew the meaning of some of PSYA4 work set such as empiricism, but I guess that also has to do with reading a lot here :biggrin:. I will PM you soon mate, to see how things are going!

Well best of luck for A2! :biggrin:
Well best of luck for A2! :biggrin:

Same to you, tell me how the remarks go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest