The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by luno
Deferring is a good idea till you're all organised and prepared. You can slowly make sure everything is sorted out so you can start with a lot less stress! I'm happy for you - I remember reading how you missed uni and stuff so hopefully college will put you on the path to something good :hugs:.

What will you be studying? I'm sure you've posted it before but I can't remember, sorry :colondollar:.

What did you watch? I watched a terrible horror movie the other day which was more funny than scary :lol:.

:hugs: I also had a headache last night (from crying :facepalm:). How are you feeling today?

I'm ok... I read something sad online instead of trying to sleep and ended up crying. I felt down anyway and cried for over an hour at 3am, initially about what I read then just because I felt horrid :frown:. I'm feeling a bit empty this morning but I'm ok (other than still having a slight headache from crying). Things aren't really good because I withdrew from my course as I was having doubts about it/ wanted to explore my other interests... initially I was kind of relieved but I just feel worried all the time because it's the first time I've never had a plan or not known what I'm doing... :afraid:.

thank you :smile: yeah my plan is to get everything sorted out much earlier for next year so I can start the course without any worries about it hanging over me, I might even look into some short courses just to get me back into the habit of writing and such in the new year if they have some available for cheap enough! plus by then I should hopefully be doing better with my MH but am still waiting to hear back from my psychologist :erm:

Social Science :smile: (Sociology, Psychology & ICT)

been rewatching the Lord of the Rings films :biggrin: they are some of my faves and they were on the on demand thing on Sky so watching them to keep my spirits up as my girlfriend is away atm!

:console: sorry to hear that. crying is no fun so I hope you are doing better today! my headache seems to have gone after I slept the day away :tongue:

oh dear, maybe try to read something more cheerful tonight if you can? sad things aren't good! sounds like it was something very bad then :/ fair enough, do you have anyone you can talk to about future plans maybe? I know sometimes it helps me to talk through my options with someone to figure them out in my own head, you are welcome to quote/PM me as well if you want to chat about stuff, I know what it's like to drop out & not be sure what to do next! :hugs:

---

slept all day :eek: woke up feeling a bit flat so watching another film :tongue: and cooking myself a pizza to try and lift my mood a bit, probably give my girlfriend a call later as well but I think she's busy till later!

hope everyone here is okay, hugs for all in need of some! :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
:yy:

Glad the assessment went ok. :smile: I've only had the one-to-one CBT, which was good, but it's also usually the one with the longest waiting list, so that's something to consider too.

Yeah, I hadn't thought about waiting lists, so will enquire when I speak to her tomorrow. Thanks! Sending lots of hugs your way :smile:
The new antipsychotic I'm on is making me feel an incredible amount of nausea.

ED trigger possibly

Anyone know good foods to eat when you feel nauseated?
Exam period over... and it even went good enough, so that I can get my hopes up, to stay in the degree! Alone having written all of them and being able to do it...AWESOME (Nevertheless I am indeed a bit difficult during exam period, I have to admit. A little exam problem...:colondollar:)

And problems with internet, TSR works, but watching movies sadly not. :confused:
Hi to the newbies :hi:

Relatives finally dispersed. I can sleep again :woo:
Original post by Nathanielle
Exam period over... and it even went good enough, so that I can get my hopes up, to stay in the degree! Alone having written all of them and being able to do it...AWESOME (Nevertheless I am indeed a bit difficult during exam period, I have to admit. A little exam problem...:colondollar:)

And problems with internet, TSR works, but watching movies sadly not. :confused:

Glad to hear you've finished the exam period, that's really great. Hope you do well! :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
The new antipsychotic I'm on is making me feel an incredible amount of nausea.

ED trigger possibly

Anyone know good foods to eat when you feel nauseated?

Luckily not talking from too much experience, but:
- rice (also really cooked until it joins with water and letting some water in, so that it is just not a rice soup) --> you can add tomato soup {At least, that is, what I eat.)
- Brezeln (although difficult to get those where you are, I guess, but there are the typical "I am ill"-food.)
- bread with butter and salt ( not white bread)
- toasts
- pizza margerita (the flat ones, and harder ones)
- mexican tortillas without anything
- just bread
- quesadillas
- cake
- salty cookies (why salt? I just recogize, a lot of my "ill-stuff" is with salt)
- pumpkin
- grits
- pancakes (european thickness)
- probably more stuff, but I don't want to make an endless list (although if I get an awesome idea, I write you)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Yay relatives are gone! Hope you didn't find them visiting to be too stressful. :console:
Yay relatives are gone! Hope you didn't find them visiting to be too stressful. :console:

It was very stressful tbh. I'm sad my sister is gone but glad the others have gone :colondollar:

Btw, feel free to PM me from tonight onwards with your questions (can't quite remember exactly what they were, now... :getmecoat: ) :h:
Original post by Odd socks
ED tw

Spoiler

Well done! :biggrin: Yeah my internet's like that, youtube's alright sometimes but anything else video-wise is out unfortunately :redface: You'll just have to sit and talk to us instead :colone: When do you get results?

:woo: Sleep is good! Are they likely to reappear sometime soon or do you have a relative-break for a bit? :smile:
Original post by furryface12

:woo: Sleep is good! Are they likely to reappear sometime soon or do you have a relative-break for a bit? :smile:

My Aussie cousin is still here but she's not living with us, so that's fine. My older sister won't be back til Christmas now, so that's when I'll next have internationally-based relatives over :yes:
Luckily not talking from too much experience, but:
- rice (also really cooked until it joins with water and letting some water in, so that it is just not a rice soup) --> you can add tomato soup {At least, that is, what I eat.)
- Brezeln (although difficult to get those where you are, I guess, but there are the typical "I am ill"-food.)
- bread with butter and salt ( not white bread)
- toasts
- pizza margerita (the flat ones, and harder ones)
- mexican tortillas without anything
- just bread
- quesadillas
- cake
- salty cookies (why salt? I just recogize, a lot of my "ill-stuff" is with salt)
- pumpkin
- grits
- pancakes (european thickness)
- probably more stuff, but I don't want to make an endless list (although if I get an awesome idea, I write you)

Thanks for the reply Nathanielle. :smile:

I googled Brezeln - it's called a pretzel here apparently and is really common :tongue: That might be a good idea, I haven't actually thought about eating things with a lot of salt, I shall give your suggestions a go. I also love European pancakes, but kinda suck at making them. :colondollar:

Thanks!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was very stressful tbh. I'm sad my sister is gone but glad the others have gone :colondollar:

Btw, feel free to PM me from tonight onwards with your questions (can't quite remember exactly what they were, now... :getmecoat: ) :h:

Sorry to hear it was stressful :hugs: I get so stressed visiting my mother-in-law so I can kinda relate. It's a shame you're not seeing your sister for so long, did you say before that you talk to her on skype? That might help you miss her less.

Ok, thanks :smile:
Sorry to hear it was stressful :hugs: I get so stressed visiting my mother-in-law so I can kinda relate. It's a shame you're not seeing your sister for so long, did you say before that you talk to her on skype? That might help you miss her less.

Ok, thanks :smile:

Relatives are def stressful! :sadnod: :console: :hugs: Yes, we talk on Skype a fair bit (especially when I can't sleep, coz she's five hours behind London) and she phones once a week for a catch up. It's just having her actually here for once made me realise how much nicer it is to actually talk to her in the flesh :colondollar:
Also: has anyone ever had a dream about the psychiatrist(s)?! Both my current and previous psychiatrist were in my dreams last night. Don't remember why but I woke up quite freaked out by that :o:
Original post by furryface12
Well done! :biggrin: Yeah my internet's like that, youtube's alright sometimes but anything else video-wise is out unfortunately :redface: You'll just have to sit and talk to us instead :colone: When do you get results?

Yeah more time for you! And I don't have to learn, so no need not to. (I can't multiquote...weired internet) Results are in one month, I don't really want to now, anyway.
Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Latest