The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

First day back. Excited and nervous :smile:
Original post by callum623
First day back. Excited and nervous :smile:

Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its_Tito
Ah that sucks :/ it's becoming increasingly popular to do them early. I've got a total of 5 GCSEs (one being a qualification I think) under my belt already, some of my friends have 7....it may seem like a lot but honestly it's not all that stressful.

Our school wouldn't let us take any early, which is ridiculous as I really wanted to get a load out of the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tryrevise
Already dropped further maths so I can't join the discussion :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For that I don't blame you :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nomes24
Anyone here want to do a Physics degree? (Hint: I do :biggrin:)

Also please tell me somebody else is procrastinating doing their holiday work :frown: I go back on Thursday haha.

Yeah I do :biggrin:
I'm already back, started last Thursday 😊
Its sad for anyone doing the linear specification exams in 2015 cant re-sit...It has to be ur one best go at it :eek:
Half my teachers have changed this year- sucks...
My music teacher was all like "Your intonation isn't the best. Re-record for the 100000th time. But don't get hung up about it!" Seriously, music is stressing me out. I am losing the will to live in that class. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
My music teacher was all like "Your intonation isn't the best. Re-record for the 100000th time. But don't get hung up about it!" Seriously, music is stressing me out. I am losing the will to live in that class. -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

My music teacher said I had to redo mine because I got an A. He said if I redo it and get an A* I still have to redo it if it's not full marks :frown: what is it with music teachers...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are novemeber maths exams still going on
Original post by tryrevise
My music teacher said I had to redo mine because I got an A. He said if I redo it and get an A* I still have to redo it if it's not full marks :frown: what is it with music teachers...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh! She's really stressing me out, when she knows I could do without it right now. The things I would do to drop it... >.>

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxXNAFFYYXxX
Are novemeber maths exams still going on

Yup. :smile:
Guys i'm in year 11 too and i have one question. You know the core exam i got 3 A*'s and a B in chemistry but overall it was graded as an A. Is that correct. I'm very happy with my A but the thing is some people in my year they got 3 B's and one A but it was graded as an A. Anyways i'm so scared about my english GCSE because i am terrible at it.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SampleX
Our school wouldn't let us take any early, which is ridiculous as I really wanted to get a load out of the way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I guess I'm quite lucky in that way :smile: it's good to have that preparation in year 10 as well so you already have a taste of the stress and can practice revision techniques. End of years are great, but you don't seem that as important as GCSEs...
Original post by hussel
Guys i'm in year 11 too and i have one question. You know the core exam i got 3 A*'s and a B in chemistry but overall it was graded as an A. Is that correct. I'm very happy with my A but the thing is some people in my year they got 3 B's and one A but it was graded as an A. Anyways i'm so scared about my english GCSE because i am terrible at it.
Posted from TSR Mobile

The only thing I can think of is if the A*s were all low A*s (like by 1 or 2 marks) and the B was a really low B....that would make your average an A, I believe.
Just got back from my geography field trip for my control assessment, it was so boring, two full days of geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou
Just got back from my geography field trip for my control assessment, it was so boring, two full days of geography!

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least you get to go on a proper trip, we go out for the day to a local crappy town :frown:
Original post by Martie08
At least you get to go on a proper trip, we go out for the day to a local crappy town :frown:

I guess but it was a three hour coach journey and now I've got so much to catch up on, and I missed out on first lessons with new teachers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Its_Tito
Yeah, I guess I'm quite lucky in that way :smile: it's good to have that preparation in year 10 as well so you already have a taste of the stress and can practice revision techniques. End of years are great, but you don't seem that as important as GCSEs...

I always took end of years as a bit of a joke xD Half hearted revision

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Canttellyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

I basically live in the east of Northern Ireland and we had to get a couch all the way up to the quite literally to the very North-West of NI... biggest pile of bs I've ever seen

Latest