The Student Room Group

What are my chances ? NEED ADVICE!!

Hey guys I've recently completed my A levels and achieved AAB (Bio, Chem, History) and am about to start my Law degree at the University of Manchester

Providing I get a first or 2:1, what are my chances of getting into a Magic Circle firm ?

Also, if these chances are low, would I have a good enough academic record to become a Barrister ?

(undecided whether I would like to be a Solicitor or Barrister!!!)

Thank you
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by SamTew29
Hey guys I've recently completed my A levels and achieved AAB (Bio, Chem, History) and am about to start my Law degree at the University of Manchester

Providing I get a first or 2:1, what are my chances of getting into a Magic Circle firm ?

Also, if these chances are low, would I have a good enough academic record to become a Barrister ?

(undecided whether I would like to be a Solicitor or Barrister!!!)

Thank you

A 2:1 or a First from Manchester is surely very respectable and good enough to be a Barrister or Solicitor. Don't you think?
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
A 2:1 or a First from Manchester is surely very respectable and good enough to be a Barrister or Solicitor. Don't you think?

Yeah but I'm talking specifically about the top Magic Circle firms and Silver Circle firms, would I stand a chance ?
Reply 3
I scraped a 2.1 second year (still to do third) and got a tc at MC firm, so a first doesn't matter too much :smile:
Original post by cozza654
I scraped a 2.1 second year (still to do third) and got a tc at MC firm, so a first doesn't matter too much :smile:

Would you mind if I were to ask about your A-Level subjects and results? Are you studying a Law degree? And GCSEs? I'm sorry for being so presumptuous but I'm thinking about applying for a TC with an MC firm one day and I'm feeling a little panicked by the sheer level of competition that surrounds TCs :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending