The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NancyRoseC
has anyone here been on quetiapine/seroquel?? finding it really hard to adjust to the side effects:frown:

I was on it but hated it. It must be tough with having to get up for school. Unfortunately I don't really have any tips, sorry :frown:

Original post by Odd socks
I wish technology was at sci-fi levels and we could just all look exactly how we want to look.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lovehug:

Original post by PandaWho
Had such a good day.
Went for lunch for my nephews birthday with some friends and as usual it was so nice to see everyone, didnt have as big a catch up with my friend as normal (we have a strong mental health bond thats brought us together)
I got an amazing round the houses type of email that brings good news (more will come out about this on friday!)
Then my friend came round to sign my guiding stuff, and told us about her trip to india and brought me some Henna back :biggrin:
So sat doing henna all night on my mum and me.

And just a really good day all round. Got to go fix my nutty nannas radio tomorrow (probbably just needs tuning right knowing her)
So we have a happy panda :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad you had a nice day hun :hugs:
Original post by furryface12
But it smells so bad! :eek: Hot milk smells horrible... What is the cinnamon challenge? Also will you kill me if I say I don't like snickers? :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KZ6bzrqjo4M

:colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NancyRoseC
ive been on it for almost 2 months now (on this dose) and the somnolence is seriously affecting my performance in school, i almsot fell asleep during my UKCAT. during the summer holidays i slept 18 hours a day :frown:

but yes, sugar free gum - i will have to buy some

Yeah the side effects didn't really get much better for me when I was taking it for maybe 6 or 8 months or so? Could you ask your psychiatrist if you can take the whole dose at night? It might help you not be as sedated during the day.
Original post by Nathanielle
Yeah, of course hanging around in the "I have six A*"-part of TSR is not the part distracting from exams, but here e.g. we talk mainly about other things. Still hungry, though... maybe porrigde...hm... need enough food before sleep. Watching conedy...

Sounds really good, indeed.

Yeah, this thread is always good! :biggrin: Urgh, porridge :tongue: I've never really got into watching comedy, generally they just annoy me and get too racist/sweary if that makes sense although there are a few comedians and people I like. I can see how it works for some people but in general there are other things I'd much rather watch, not that I watch that much tv anyway :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Wanna talk about what's up?

Ok, I probably could have guessed that :lol: But that looks so horrible! :eek: As Sabertooth said, that would be enough to put you off for life...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sabertooth
:hugs: Wanna talk about what's up?

:hugs: it's nothing really, just stuff about body image :/ there's not much I can do about it :frown: thanks though :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
trying to distract but not working. want to go to bed before the mess turns into Big Mess but I know I wont sleep
Original post by ScaryScience
trying to distract but not working. want to go to bed before the mess turns into Big Mess but I know I wont sleep

Would it help to go get ready for bed and sit/lie there or something so if you feel like you might sleep you can try without having to worry about brushing teeth etc? Or that might be a terrible idea, I don't know, but I do it a lot (now included!) :redface: Really hope it doesn't turn into a big mess for you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anything nice and non-triggering you could watch on tv or DVD until you fall asleep? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, this thread is always good! :biggrin: Urgh, porridge :tongue: I've never really got into watching comedy, generally they just annoy me and get too racist/sweary if that makes sense although there are a few comedians and people I like. I can see how it works for some people but in general there are other things I'd much rather watch, not that I watch that much tv anyway :dontknow:

Hm, yeah, I can understand, although I rather looking best of, so it is not that bad.

:hugs: it's nothing really, just stuff about body image :/ there's not much I can do about it :frown: thanks though :hugs:

:hugs:

Maybe doing something? Eat? Exercising?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can kind of relate. I'm overweight due to antipsychotic-induced weight gain and have been trying to lose it for a fair while. Could you join a gym? If you're genuinely unhappy with your body then I'm of the opinion that you should work on healthily changing it to something you prefer. Obviously EDs and BDD are exceptions to this. Although, having not met you, I can't tell if losing weight would be healthy for you or not. Have you thought about lifting weights, it can tone various areas and generally makes most people look good (I'm not talking about becoming a beefcake but weight lifting is good for women as well as men).
Hm, yeah, I can understand, although I rather looking best of, so it is not that bad.

Ahh ok, they can be better! :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3054
Anyone else with BPD here?
I will go to bed, now. I have to much to do tomorrow.
Would it help to go get ready for bed and sit/lie there or something so if you feel like you might sleep you can try without having to worry about brushing teeth etc? Or that might be a terrible idea, I don't know, but I do it a lot (now included!) :redface: Really hope it doesn't turn into a big mess for you :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

not a terrible idea at all, thanks. I do it a lot too. in PJs now, don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon though and mood has dropped even more :/ hope you're ok

Anything nice and non-triggering you could watch on tv or DVD until you fall asleep? :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

DVD player isn't working :frown: I dunno what to do. no energy, kinda want to cry, just feel all dead again but brain is in overdrive :frown:

:hugs:

Maybe doing something? Eat? Exercising?

I don't really feel like I can manage it tbh. Thanks though
I will go to bed, now. I have to much to do tomorrow.

Night dude, hope you get it all done tomorrow. :smile:
Original post by lelit
Anyone else with BPD here?

:hi: I do
Well, I'm officially a college student now :biggrin:. So happy to be finally living the student lifestyle, as well as living a just stone's throw away from my previously long distance boyfriend :woo:. Hopefully all this will help me become a happier person, especially if I manage to make a decent bunch of friends here and get some work :yep:.

Latest