The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

MSc Real Estate/ MSc Real Estate Finance 2014

Hey all :smile:, I just firmed Reading Uni to study RE Finance there, anyone else in the same sort of boat, or have already done this course?
Original post by Esala321
Hey all :smile:, I just firmed Reading Uni to study RE Finance there, anyone else in the same sort of boat, or have already done this course?

Hey, just giving this a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply! :smile:

Have you found Connect yet? It's really useful for finding other people on your course/University! :smile: :smile:
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi Esala321,

Did u recvd the admission in the Univ. Me too contemplating for the same course from Reading. Though not sure as job prospect in London after completing the course. Me also evaluating NUS Singapore MSc Real estate bcoz of relatively better job prospect there.
Btw would you mind sharing your grades/score which fetch you admission at Reading.

Thanks
Reply 3
Original post by hvg
Hi Esala321,

Did u recvd the admission in the Univ. Me too contemplating for the same course from Reading. Though not sure as job prospect in London after completing the course. Me also evaluating NUS Singapore MSc Real estate bcoz of relatively better job prospect there.
Btw would you mind sharing your grades/score which fetch you admission at Reading.

Thanks

Hey mate, yeah I managed to get into the course. As a matter of fact I applied SUPER late to the course, maybe early August time? The job prospects (according to the careers adviser and the course leader) are extremely high, especially within the UK as Reading is widely respected in the RE field. I think (don't quote me) that around 95% of Postgrads from Reading were employed within 6 months in the RE courses which is definitely good!
I'm personally studying MSc Real Estate Finance, but MSc Real Estate is a much bigger group, probably due to its broader range of coverage (150 compared to my 20).

My grades aren't that impressive. I had a 2:1 in BSc Mathematics from Coventry University, however I did secure 2 Summer placements in my first two years in a bank and an development consultants respectively both being overseas. I hope that helps, feel free to ask any further questions

Cheeeers :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Esala321
Hey mate, yeah I managed to get into the course. As a matter of fact I applied SUPER late to the course, maybe early August time? The job prospects (according to the careers adviser and the course leader) are extremely high, especially within the UK as Reading is widely respected in the RE field. I think (don't quote me) that around 95% of Postgrads from Reading were employed within 6 months in the RE courses which is definitely good!
I'm personally studying MSc Real Estate Finance, but MSc Real Estate is a much bigger group, probably due to its broader range of coverage (150 compared to my 20).

My grades aren't that impressive. I had a 2:1 in BSc Mathematics from Coventry University, however I did secure 2 Summer placements in my first two years in a bank and an development consultants respectively both being overseas. I hope that helps, feel free to ask any further questions

Cheeeers :smile:

Your reply really helped. Thanks for the reply and wish you all the best for your course.

Even I am more inclined towards MSc Real Estate Finance. But 20 is quite low... what is the acceptance rate... Would a candidate over 5 years of experience in Equity Research and 2.5 years of experience with Knight Frank India (an International Property Consultant) stands a better chance in securing admission @ Reading. Whats your view/opinion? Am still to appear for TOEFL. What was ur TOEFL score?
Hey peoples,

Anyone doing Msc. Real Estate Finance from University of Reading (Henley Business School)? I just received an offer from them and I have a month to respond with a deposit. I still need to do my IELTS though.

Any comments on the course content will be good.

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by kriztoefur
Hey peoples,

Anyone doing Msc. Real Estate Finance from University of Reading (Henley Business School)? I just received an offer from them and I have a month to respond with a deposit. I still need to do my IELTS though.

Any comments on the course content will be good.

Thanks

Hi kriztoefur,

Even I got a offer from them 10 days back and like you even I have been asked for IELTS.
I may not take this offer as I am an international student and getting work permit after the course would be challenging.
Are you an international student ?? which country??

Thanks
Original post by hvg
Hi kriztoefur,

Even I got a offer from them 10 days back and like you even I have been asked for IELTS.
I may not take this offer as I am an international student and getting work permit after the course would be challenging.
Are you an international student ?? which country??

Thanks

I'm an international student as well from India but been working in the Middle East for quite some time in the real estate sector. I heard its very difficult to get a work permit in the UK these days. However, my case is somewhat different as my wife is an EU national.

I just need to know more about the course (number of contact hours per week, elective modules, etc.). I will be living in London and commuting to Reading daily.

Compared to other programs this seems to be the most expensive (GBP 21,250)...so trying to weigh in the reputation of institution versus the investment made.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by kriztoefur
I'm an international student as well from India but been working in the Middle East for quite some time in the real estate sector. I heard its very difficult to get a work permit in the UK these days. However, my case is somewhat different as my wife is an EU national.

I just need to more about the course (number of contact hours per week, elective modules, etc.). I will be living in London and commuting to Reading daily.

Compared to other programs this seems to be the most expensive (GBP 21,250)...so trying to weigh in the reputation of institution versus the investment made.

Hey!! me too from India, currently working with one of the UK based property consultant in Mumbai itself. Yeah agree this course is too expensive plus the challenge to get work permit after the course adds further to the woe for international student like us. Hence, I definitely not going to Reading, despite it being one of the best university for this program. Curriculum and number of contact hours per week is quite good.

I have also applied for NUS MSc Real Estate they would be announcing their first list by April 2015.

Regards
Original post by hvg
Hey!! me too from India, currently working with one of the UK based property consultant in Mumbai itself. Yeah agree this course is too expensive plus the challenge to get work permit after the course adds further to the woe for international student like us. Hence, I definitely not going to Reading, despite it being one of the best university for this program. Curriculum and number of contact hours per week is quite good.

I have also applied for NUS MSc Real Estate they would be announcing their first list by April 2015.

Regards

Have you tried applying to Oxford Brookes, I hear this is also considered as a good program by top real estate consultants in the UK and the fees are more economical (GBP 14,000). I have submitted my application but still waiting for a response from them.

I have also applied to UCL for the Msc. International Real Estate and Planning course.
Reply 10
Hey all my fellow "MSc Real Estate/ MSc Real Estate Finance" applicants of 2015... I have finally, after lots of deliberation, decided to pursue Msc Real Estate Finance course from the Reading. Have paid the deposit ...session starts in Sep 2015. Anyone else who are going to Reading for this course. Please let gets connect. Its always better to know before the session starts... cheers..!!
Hi Hvg,

Great! so you've decided to pursue your course at Reading. I've actually switched from Msc. Real Estate Finance to Msc. Real Estate, after much consideration and looking at the course content in detail I found this to be most viable to me.

Have you received your CAS number?
Reply 12
Hi Kriztoefur,

yeah..finally i have decided... what exactly u found the difference between the two courses.. no i haven't received the CAS... and how can one switch the course.. lets chat over a PM...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending