The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Yeah, they're pretty awesome. I'm so glad they won that competition as they're definitely good enough to be a permanent thing imo. :drool:

I haven't seen them in the US though. :frown:

The orange ones are the best!

Get someone to mail them over to you :tongue:
Original post by Odd socks

Spoiler

Spoiler

Couldn't sleep much at all last night. Going to get up and try not to have a nap today so hopefully can get a normal ish sleeping pattern back. Can't decide if I feel hungry or sick which isn't really the best thing to wake up to. Think some of it is that I'm feeling anxious about my mum coming home and, well basically everything at the minute. New plan for the day is to not panic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
not a terrible idea at all, thanks. I do it a lot too. in PJs now, don't think i'll be sleeping anytime soon though and mood has dropped even more :/ hope you're ok

DVD player isn't working :frown: I dunno what to do. no energy, kinda want to cry, just feel all dead again but brain is in overdrive :frown:

I don't really feel like I can manage it tbh. Thanks though

Sorry, I fell asleep :colondollar: Hopefully you managed to get a little bit in the end, or at least didn't have too bad a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Sorry, I fell asleep :colondollar: Hopefully you managed to get a little bit in the end, or at least didn't have too bad a night?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! had a dreadful night, but thanks anyway. Hope you slept well
Original post by Valvopus
Couldn't sleep much at all last night. Going to get up and try not to have a nap today so hopefully can get a normal ish sleeping pattern back. Can't decide if I feel hungry or sick which isn't really the best thing to wake up to. Think some of it is that I'm feeling anxious about my mum coming home and, well basically everything at the minute. New plan for the day is to not panic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Good luck! Does she know about MH stuff at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
No worries! had a dreadful night, but thanks anyway. Hope you slept well

Ah :console: I actually did the best/longest I have in ages, sorry you didn't at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:hugs: Good luck! Does she know about MH stuff at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've told her since I've been home from uni for 18 months and she insists on taking me to appointments etc but she isn't really the best at dealing with it. To be honest, she's terrible. In the me being ill is an embarrassment to her and what has she done to deserve this kind of way. My brother and I have concluded that she isn't the person you want around when things are bad, or ever really. But I'm definitely not the daughter she wanted and I am very aware of this fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

No worries. Everybody on this thread's been so nice and helpful to me, despite me posting anon. It's nice to be able to give something back :smile:

Spoiler

I've told her since I've been home from uni for 18 months and she insists on taking me to appointments etc but she isn't really the best at dealing with it. To be honest, she's terrible. In the me being ill is an embarrassment to her and what has she done to deserve this kind of way. My brother and I have concluded that she isn't the person you want around when things are bad, or ever really. But I'm definitely not the daughter she wanted and I am very aware of this fact.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, that's kind of worse than just not having told her I guess :s-smilie: At least if your brother's on your side tat helps a bit? Good luck anyway, hope it's not too bad :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah :console: I actually did the best/longest I have in ages, sorry you didn't at all :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glad to hear that :hugs:
Meant to be going to view my puppy today but my anxiety is kicking in and I don't know what to say to the people, just going to end up being awkward :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh, that's kind of worse than just not having told her I guess :s-smilie: At least if your brother's on your side tat helps a bit? Good luck anyway, hope it's not too bad :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I made a bingo card of manipulative statements she says a while back and can now play it without having to pull up the file but really not a lot has changed from when she didn't know. She still disapproved of my life just about different things. My brother is useful but dealing with his own stuff that doesn't mesh well with mine so can be hit and miss as to whether talking to him actually helps. I have a whole seven hours to prepare and possibly work out my plan for if she decides tonight is mother - daughter bonding time.

I know the above sounds bad but my strategy of earphones and avoid being in the same room tends to work. Three weeks until I go back to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
Well, I'm officially a college student now :biggrin:. So happy to be finally living the student lifestyle, as well as living a just stone's throw away from my previously long distance boyfriend :woo:. Hopefully all this will help me become a happier person, especially if I manage to make a decent bunch of friends here and get some work :yep:.

PRSOM :biggrin:
Well I made a bingo card of manipulative statements she says a while back and can now play it without having to pull up the file but really not a lot has changed from when she didn't know. She still disapproved of my life just about different things. My brother is useful but dealing with his own stuff that doesn't mesh well with mine so can be hit and miss as to whether talking to him actually helps. I have a whole seven hours to prepare and possibly work out my plan for if she decides tonight is mother - daughter bonding time.

I know the above sounds bad but my strategy of earphones and avoid being in the same room tends to work. Three weeks until I go back to uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not good then :frown: Well as you say, not too long until you go back to uni, just try and ignore her until then! At least you can talk to your brother sometimes I suppose, even if not as much as you might hope. The earphone strategy sounds good though :yep: You could always try and make sure the house is ultra-tidy to give her one less thing to complain about? Although by the sound of it she'll just find something else to then and the longer she's not talking about you probably the better- that's how I'd be, anyway! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
starting to wonder whether i'm asking too much of my antidepressants? like, when i saw the different doc yesterday he seemed surprised that i had noticed basically no overall improvement/minimal after 6 months on citalopram and 1 and a half on sertraline (i have noticed small improvements every time i increase but they tend to subside after a couple weeks) and that i thought a lot of my progress was due to my counselling and just the process of seeing my doc every other week.

like, how much effect should i be expecting? i know they're not "happy pills" so I'm not exactly hoping to be bouncing out bed whistling and skipping to lectures, but still. i can get out of bed and to lectures. i can sustain social interaction for a number of hours. but i still feel so empty and sad and numb and i'm still having bad urges and nights of crying and terrible insomnia. is this as good as its gonna get?
Not good then :frown: Well as you say, not too long until you go back to uni, just try and ignore her until then! At least you can talk to your brother sometimes I suppose, even if not as much as you might hope. The earphone strategy sounds good though :yep: You could always try and make sure the house is ultra-tidy to give her one less thing to complain about? Although by the sound of it she'll just find something else to then and the longer she's not talking about you probably the better- that's how I'd be, anyway! :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do normally massively clean the house before they get home from holidays but you're right she just moans about other things. Since she's going to complain no matter what I do there's no point in trying to pander to it/ I'm feeling lazy today. The house could fall apart and I guarantee it would be my fault for not being psychic, slight exaggeration but I honestly wouldn't put it past her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I do normally massively clean the house before they get home from holidays but you're right she just moans about other things. Since she's going to complain no matter what I do there's no point in trying to pander to it/ I'm feeling lazy today. The house could fall apart and I guarantee it would be my fault for not being psychic, slight exaggeration but I honestly wouldn't put it past her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: sounds a bit like my mum

Posted from TSR Mobile
feel ****ing dreadful

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a nap until midday as I couldn't sleep last night either :hugs: why does your mum coming home make you anxious? Does she know and could you possibly tell her?

Original post by SweetNothing
Meant to be going to view my puppy today but my anxiety is kicking in and I don't know what to say to the people, just going to end up being awkward :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just act so engrossed in the puppy and they'll think you're just pet obsessed so it won't matter too much if you don't have a ton to say to them!

Original post by Team_McDreamy
starting to wonder whether i'm asking too much of my antidepressants? like, when i saw the different doc yesterday he seemed surprised that i had noticed basically no overall improvement/minimal after 6 months on citalopram and 1 and a half on sertraline (i have noticed small improvements every time i increase but they tend to subside after a couple weeks) and that i thought a lot of my progress was due to my counselling and just the process of seeing my doc every other week.

like, how much effect should i be expecting? i know they're not "happy pills" so I'm not exactly hoping to be bouncing out bed whistling and skipping to lectures, but still. i can get out of bed and to lectures. i can sustain social interaction for a number of hours. but i still feel so empty and sad and numb and i'm still having bad urges and nights of crying and terrible insomnia. is this as good as its gonna get?

I found while they did seem to help me a slight bit it was so minimal it was almost placebo, and they did flat line very quickly. When I stopped them I became interested in my hobbies again overnight. I hadn't realised how much they had been numbing me. They do work to a degree in terms of getting you out of bed and into work or uni or wherever but they didn't increase my mood at all :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest