The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Walcott: "I think there was rumours of me coming back for the Spurs game [on September 27], which is definitely not going to happen, that’s for sure. But I’ll definitely be there for the one in February."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Why do Arsenal fans get so bitter whenever a player leaves? Nobody else in the Premier League does it to the extent Arsenal fans do. I can understand it with Nasri because he only moved for the money and has repeatedly slagged the club off since he left, but the others?

This is a thing for sure.

In my opinion, Arsenal fans are genuinely incredulous when someone would leave for any other English club. Arsenal are the big London team, and why on earth would you go up North? Chavs to Chelsea these days

The bigger reason is that Wenger is a bit of a doormat, class players leave with his blessing and the fans genuinely feel like there needs to be a response...

But no top club has had that sensation like Arsenal. Every year, people you felt were Arsenal-men and then within months theyre scoring on the North Bank against Arsenal. When have Utd, Liv etc had to do that?
(edited 9 years ago)
Honestly Wenger should just do a Bayern or SAF pre 2010 and shove any top player when they're acting up or give them a big contract, none of this hugging and crying **** in the training facilities when they're going to leave then buy a player who replaces him simple as.

How he shifted Song was boss.
I swear Nasri said in some interview, back in 2010 he was in negotiations with us for a new contract, but it stopped for some reason.
talkin abt song

fuark thought it was jamie foxx or will.i.am first.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
talkin abt song

fuark thought it was jamie foxx or will.i.am first.

Is that Andy Carroll's shirt?
Most likely to have been said already but I swear down if Ramsey doesn't play on Saturday I'd be raging like mad, ****ing international matches.
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Most likely to have been said already but I swear down if Ramsey doesn't play on Saturday I'd be raging like mad, ****ing international matches.

Meh, Qualifiers have to be played sometime. Injuries happens
Original post by sevchenko
Meh, Qualifiers have to be played sometime. Injuries happens

Why always us

Original post by manchesterunited15
Nah Prod and Zurich are dutch :cool:

Original post by Arkasia
Ah, I see...shame :frown:

Half Dutch (me not Zur) :wink:
(edited 9 years ago)
Why always us

Reus out for at least 4 weeks? Sturridge? Henderson?

Injuries are unfortunate but what can you do:dontknow:
Original post by sr90
How is that obsession? I'm asking a legitimate question.

Then there's far too many 'legitimate questions' from you guys.
Why always us

Half Dutch (me not Zur) :wink:

Half Dutch, half human. Nice mix:wink:
Original post by sevchenko
Reus out for at least 4 weeks? Sturridge? Henderson?

Injuries are unfortunate but what can you do:dontknow:

Forgot they played for us.

No but seriously, it happens far too often then they stay out for way too long. 2 weeks turns into 2 months.

He said he is fit enough and besides, if he doesn't play Wilshere will, and he has been in better form recently.
Original post by Arkasia
Half Dutch, half human. Nice mix:wink:

*Sigh* I though we talked about this. -_-

Original post by Arkasia
He said he is fit enough and besides, if he doesn't play Wilshere will, and he has been in better form recently.

I always back every player but I'm seriously going to wince every time he gets the ball. He needs to be on point to deal with city's physicality.
(edited 9 years ago)
*Sigh* I though we talked about this. -_-

I always back every player but I'm seriously going to wince every time he gets the ball. He needs to be on point to deal with city's physicality.

:frown: That was before I knew you were Dutch

Spoiler

I won't back every player, there are some even I can't get behind (Bendtner is the most recent one). Jack is going to be torn a new one...just think. Arteta/Wilshere/Cazorla vs Toure/Fernando/Fernandinho. It will be a massacre.
Original post by Arkasia
:frown: That was before I knew you were Dutch

Spoiler

I won't back every player, there are some even I can't get behind (Bendtner is the most recent one). Jack is going to be torn a new one...just think. Arteta/Wilshere/Cazorla vs Toure/Fernando/Fernandinho. It will be a massacre.

No. I though we talked about your jokes, improve them hun -_-

:tongue:

Nah but I though you just said you'd be alright with Wilsh! Hmm guess I was right eh, but I'll shut up about him v Ramsey till after the game.
What am I hearing?? Spurs 'might' want to share the emirates with us till they get their new home? Lol no gtfo of here :rofl:
No. I though we talked about your jokes, improve them hun -_-

:tongue:

Nah but I though you just said you'd be alright with Wilsh! Hmm guess I was right eh, but I'll shut up about him v Ramsey till after the game.

Aw :frown:

Wilshere offers more in terms of quality and passing atm, but I am not about to pretend he will escape this game without an injury or a red card, whichever comes first. Him v Ramsey is simple: both are good, but not together.
Original post by jam278
Victim mentality.

You lot decide to underpay your best players, wonder why they go to rivals who will pay their rightful pay and cry about it.

It's like your ex trying to control you and stop you from having any fun, then wondering why you dumped them and then with her friends bitch about how bad an ex you were.

LOL *victim mentality* rolls eyes...not really. During the time players like Nasri, Clichy (who flopped) and everyone seemed to go to our rivals, everyone knew we couldn't afford to pay them the crazy amounts Man City etc were willing to play them. Thats not a victim mentality its facts. BTW we offered a pay rise to RVP but he still left. However Wenger said he had a vision and they shouldve trusted him. All these ex players are always screaming how much they respect and trust Wenger but they couldn't even trust him enough when he said, once we have money we spend. Im not going to lie tho, Wenger is very traditional in football and is stubborn about paying players excessive amounts just cause they want a pay rise- idk if thats a good thing or bad thing. And it wouldn't be an ex lmao it would be your current partner actually; I think it would be ok to stop my boyfriend from 'having fun' if we were still together you know lol
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest