The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by sr90
Right... since price rises are non existant i'll try and sort out a WC team.

Begovic
Chester Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Di Maria Fabregas Sterling
Aguero Welbeck Costa

McCarthy, King, Naylor, Moore, 0.2 ITB

Krul
Cahill Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Ramsey Fabregas Sterling
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Elliot, King, Wilson, Moore, 0.3 ITB

Any thoughts on either of these? I'm leaning towards the first one.

1st & if you swap begovic for krul can't you get Cahill?
Is Moreno even a guaranteed starter? With Johnson and Enrique coming back will he keep his place?
Ramsey says he is fine and should be playing vs City.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedDevil014
Is Moreno even a guaranteed starter? With Johnson and Enrique coming back will he keep his place?

yup guaranteed
Original post by sr90
Right... since price rises are non existant i'll try and sort out a WC team.

Begovic
Chester Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Di Maria Fabregas Sterling
Aguero Welbeck Costa

McCarthy, King, Naylor, Moore, 0.2 ITB

Krul
Cahill Clyne Moreno
Sigurdsson Ramsey Fabregas Sterling
Falcao Welbeck Costa

Elliot, King, Wilson, Moore, 0.3 ITB

Any thoughts on either of these? I'm leaning towards the first one.

First one.

I'm now trying to work out if I want Ramsey or Aguero.

If keep the same now the three would be:

Ivanovic, Ramsey, Naismith

If changing I think I would go for:

Amat (or another 4.5 defender) ,King, Aguero

I want Aguero as I do think he will explode. Although there are a few tough fixtures for City coming up. I actually regret taking Aguero out of my wildcard team earlier now. Could have done Begovic, Ivanovic, Ramsey, Naismith to Lloris, Wilson, King, Aguero. Now I am 0.1 short. The latter would mean my front 6/7 are all from different teams which might be good to do. Keeping Ramsey would mean 5/7.
Original post by SirMasterKey
I want Aguero as I do think he will explode. Although there are a few tough fixtures for City coming up. I actually regret taking Aguero out of my wildcard team earlier now. Could have done Begovic, Ivanovic, Ramsey, Naismith to Lloris, Wilson, King, Aguero. Now I am 0.1 short. The latter would mean my front 6/7 are all from different teams which might be good to do. Keeping Ramsey would mean 5/7.

I thought about Ivanovic but i'm starting to think that's just chasing last weeks points. He's obviously been given license to bomb forward, but is he going to do that against Manchester City or Arsenal? Probably not. Plus Mourinho didn't seem too happy with his defence after the Everton game so maybe he'll be a bit more cautious from now on. Any Chelsea fans want to weigh in on this?

If you need 0.1, maybe you could bring in Boyd from Burnley as your 5th mid instead of King. He's 4.4 and he'll be nailed on to start soon.
Original post by sr90
I thought about Ivanovic but i'm starting to think that's just chasing last weeks points. He's obviously been given license to bomb forward, but is he going to do that against Manchester City or Arsenal? Probably not. Plus Mourinho didn't seem too happy with his defence after the Everton game so maybe he'll be a bit more cautious from now on. Any Chelsea fans want to weigh in on this?

If you need 0.1, maybe you could bring in Boyd from Burnley as your 5th mid instead of King. He's 4.4 and he'll be nailed on to start soon.

I think he'll still be going forwards, one of the goals we conceded vs Everton was from a set play and Mou was angry because they spent an entire afternoon that week defending against them. All the goals were actually due to sloppy marking from Cahill and Terry. Interestingly ivanovic was the one who scored the only goal vs City last season at the etihad. But Mou does tend to be more defensive against top teams, but I wonder if that will change this season now that we have Costa and Fabregas.

I do think he has a better goal threat than the others, worth paying the extra. The only uncertainty is how Luis fits into the back line which we're yet to see.
Original post by Isometrix
I think he'll still be going forwards, one of the goals we conceded vs Everton was from a set play and Mou was angry because they spent an entire afternoon that week defending against them. All the goals were actually due to sloppy marking from Cahill and Terry. Interestingly ivanovic was the one who scored the only goal vs City last season at the etihad. But Mou does tend to be more defensive against top teams, but I wonder if that will change this season now that we have Costa and Fabregas.

I do think he has a better goal threat than the others, worth paying the extra. The only uncertainty is how Luis fits into the back line which we're yet to see.

Ivanovic went forward last season due to us lacking height. So we pushed Ivanovic up to get onto the end of goal kicks rather than lose possession on every 50-50. Azpilicueta isn't as good on the left hand side attacking wise anyway so it's a no brainer to put Ivan forward to add a bit of width, although realistically we should be using Azpi and Filipe Luiz as the fullbacks to give another dimension. Ivanovic always does this start of the season but as the season goes on you'll find out how suspect he is at attacking, he also gets caught too high up the pitch but that's the reason for Willian in big games but as seen by Palace and Villa away, both times we lost to them attacking Ivanovic's side...

We'll be a little more expansive, at home vs the big teams I reckon we'll try to do what Italy do, keep possession for long periods and when the teams overcommit hit them on the counter attack.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thoughts on best striker for the next 4 GW's only? Already have Costa and Adebayor, looking to get rid of Rooney.
Original post by RedDevil014

I would be very surprised if not.

First of all Moreno is the best left back Liverpool have, and secondly (unlike manquillo) he has experience.

He's a highly attacking defender and likely to get a number of assists so he's definitely worth a go :smile:
Original post by Alex Doran
Thoughts on best striker for the next 4 GW's only? Already have Costa and Adebayor, looking to get rid of Rooney.

In your position, probably Balotelli. Maybe hold and see where Rooney plays this weekend.

(This is assuming you don't have money ITB or a WC active)
Original post by sr90
In your position, probably Balotelli. Maybe hold and see where Rooney plays this weekend.

(This is assuming you don't have money ITB or a WC active)

0.4 itb, wildcard not active.

I was thinking Balo and then swap to Welbeck after 4 weeks. If I do wait a week then Rooney will drop in price again (assuming he is not at striker/does not score) and odds are Balotelli will get more points this week so if I am going to make the change, it makes sense to do it now.

I also need to shift out Mata before this week starts (I have 2 FT's) and already have Sterling, Siggy and Schurrle (will not consider Ramsey and have 3 Chelsea players.)
Guys A or B?

A: Krul
Williamson Wisom Lovren
Di Maria Fabregas Hazard Sterling Sigurdsson
Falcao Costa

B: Krul
Williamson Wisom Lovren
Di Maria Fabregas Sterling Sigurdsson
Falcao Costa Balotelli
Original post by khalidpatel
A or B?

Williamson Wisom Lovren
Falcao Costa

Williamson Wisom Lovren
Falcao Costa Balotelli

Surely you could just have posted Hazard or Balotelli :tongue:

I would personally opt for B, particularly if Sturridge cant play this weekend
Guys A or B?

Williamson Wisom Lovren
Falcao Costa

Williamson Wisom Lovren
Falcao Costa Balotelli

Post your bench as well, or nobody can give a real opinion.
Original post by sr90
Post your bench as well, or nobody can give a real opinion.

Both benches are quite poor. They all cheap players who don't play

You need bench players who will play Imo. Will save you taking hits.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArsenalWenger
You need bench players who will play Imo. Will save you taking hits.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have 1 player who plays regular. Hutton for aston villa. So it should be fine.
What do you think Hazard or Balotelli??
I have 1 player who plays regular. Hutton for aston villa. So it should be fine.
What do you think Hazard or Balotelli??

Balo for sure. Will be the lone front man probably and you have a Chelsea mid in Fabregas anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you have three 4.0 defenders and double Newcastle defence? That's asking for trouble imo.

If you're dead set on one of those two then go for B, but i'd strongly recommend upgrading your defence.

Quick Reply

Latest