The Student Room Group

Good structure for persuasive writing piece?

HI! Can anyone give me any ideas about the best structure for a persuasive writing piece? (its a letter to the council giving views on why UFC boxing shouldn't come to the town) I need it to be cohesive but not sure how to make it flow as well as get all ideas in there and use persuasive techniques. Thanks :smile:
Original post by KitKat9
HI! Can anyone give me any ideas about the best structure for a persuasive writing piece? (its a letter to the council giving views on why UFC boxing shouldn't come to the town) I need it to be cohesive but not sure how to make it flow as well as get all ideas in there and use persuasive techniques. Thanks :smile:

As it's a letter, you should probably use a classic letter structure: introduction, main pursuasive argument, conclusion.
Also make sure you include some kind of professional greeting and sign off at the start and end.
In your introduction part you could highlight what the subject is you're talking about, then move on to trying to pursuade your opinion, then conclude with your best point and a distinct sentence concluding with style and pursuasion.

As for techniques, make sure you're getting your rhetorical questions in, as well as punctuation in terms of exclamatives. Other good techniques to use if you can are alliteration, facts and hyperbole (as long as it's subtle)
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
As it's a letter, you should probably use a classic letter structure: introduction, main pursuasive argument, conclusion.
Also make sure you include some kind of professional greeting and sign off at the start and end.
In your introduction part you could highlight what the subject is you're talking about, then move on to trying to pursuade your opinion, then conclude with your best point and a distinct sentence concluding with style and pursuasion.

As for techniques, make sure you're getting your rhetorical questions in, as well as punctuation in terms of exclamatives. Other good techniques to use if you can are alliteration, facts and hyperbole (as long as it's subtle)

Thanks! Done the assessment today, so fingers crossed i've done okay! :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending