The Student Room Group

Physics students : need to learn basic physics

I will be enrolling on an engineering degree (mechanical engineering), but I didn't do A level physics, so I was requesting if anyone here could guide me to any books/resources to brush up my basic physics so I am in line with all the other students.

Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Gareth019
I will be enrolling on an engineering degree (mechanical engineering), but I didn't do A level physics, so I was requesting if anyone here could guide me to any books/resources to brush up my basic physics so I am in line with all the other students.

Cheers

mate first year of engineering is all about getting everyone to the same level, you will taught what you need to know.
Reply 2
Original post by a10
mate first year of engineering is all about getting everyone to the same level, you will taught what you need to know.

But I would think that most would have better knowledge of Physics than me, so I wanted to learn, so I wouldn't be behind the game. What physics books would you recommend?

Cheers
Reply 3
But I would think that most would have better knowledge of Physics than me.

you'll be fine dw, trust me :smile:

just save the hardwork for the start of term!
Reply 4
Original post by a10
you'll be fine dw, trust me :smile:

just save the hardwork for the start of term!

But can you recommend me any physics books that cover basics?

Thanks

Cheers

You could always get the AS revision guide or something? One AS and one A2 unit is mechanics-based, for OCR A anyway, which I guess are the bits you'll mostly be wanting. Or google G481 and G484 revision notes and read through them as they're those two units- there's also G482 and G485 but they're much bigger and I'd imagine less relevant.
Reply 6
Original post by furryface12
You could always get the AS revision guide or something? One AS and one A2 unit is mechanics-based, for OCR A anyway, which I guess are the bits you'll mostly be wanting. Or google G481 and G484 revision notes and read through them as they're those two units- there's also G482 and G485 but they're much bigger and I'd imagine less relevant.

So would you say that OCR G481 and G484 would help me brush up on my relevant physics knowledge?

Cheers
So would you say that OCR G481 and G484 would help me brush up on my relevant physics knowledge?

Cheers

Yep, think so! There might be bits from the other units but that'll be most of it :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by furryface12
Yep, think so! There might be bits from the other units but that'll be most of it :smile:

Cheers mate
Cheers mate

No problem! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest