The Student Room Group

St George's Medicine Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Still don't understand why the UKCAT is still being used today. It's so useless and there's no correlation between high UKCAT marks and being a better doctor. :facepalm: silly UKCAT-makers.
Original post by TheHopefulIdiot
Oh right. Thanks. I thought you might be talking about that, but deep down, I was just hoping that you might have discovered an updated version!

nope sorry, but people on tsr having been consistently getting mid 600's which is strange cause i thought people on tsr are brainy as f**k.
Could I apply with 647.5 in the ukcat?
A*AA predictions and 6.5a* rest a at gcse
Really unsure whether my ukcat would make the cut as scores have gone down...and any ideas when ukcat are releasing averages?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by tealover96
Really unsure whether my ukcat would make the cut as scores have gone down...and any ideas when ukcat are releasing averages?

National average will be out in october after everyone has sat the test.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=tania
I agree with this :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaska
Did you hand in your application quite early on in sept or did you apply in October?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent my application to UCAS on the 10th of October.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tania<3 I havd been trying to quote you for ages but it's not working :frown:
If you read this, I wanted to say I couldn't agree more with your last post :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by tealover96

Yes go for it! If you have at least 500 in each sub-test then you meet the minimum requirements and with academics like that stand a good chance :biggrin:
Reply 108
Original post by Jaska
i booked it but have no idea how to get there :L

Lol same, It will be quite hard for me to get there because theres a part closure on the northern line which is a pain :/. R u from London????
Original post by N.Choi
Lol same, It will be quite hard for me to get there because theres a part closure on the northern line which is a pain :/. R u from London????

Nope, bristol. So i have literally zero knowledge of the london train network:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to study medicine and apply to
St Georges

However I dont know whether to re think my choice because of my grades

GCSE: 6A*'s 3A's

AS: A in Biology, A in chemistry, A in Maths and a B in History (which I have dropped) and I have started the EPQ this year

I am predicted A*AA but I think I can get A*A*A and an A* in my EPQ. I have my UKCAT this Thrusday.

Ive done LOADS of work experience and volunteering and im a pretty much a well rounded individual.

SHOULD I RETHINK MY CHOICE? and ANY GENERAL ADVICE
how far is st georges from like zone 1 central london?
Reply 112
Original post by Jaska
Nope, bristol. So i have literally zero knowledge of the london train network:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, thats the thing about going to these open days. Can't a family relative drop you off???
Original post by Vashappeninkira
I want to study medicine and apply to
St Georges

However I dont know whether to re think my choice because of my grades

GCSE: 6A*'s 3A's

AS: A in Biology, A in chemistry, A in Maths and a B in History (which I have dropped) and I have started the EPQ this year

I am predicted A*AA but I think I can get A*A*A and an A* in my EPQ. I have my UKCAT this Thrusday.

Ive done LOADS of work experience and volunteering and im a pretty much a well rounded individual.

SHOULD I RETHINK MY CHOICE? and ANY GENERAL ADVICE

Dude, you have been predicted A*AA and the uni is asking for AAA so I really don't know what u're worried about in yerms of academics :erm:

Just get at least 500 in each of the of the sub sections in the UkCAT and the highest average u can and hope for the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 2018
Yes go for it! If you have at least 500 in each sub-test then you meet the minimum requirements and with academics like that stand a good chance :biggrin:

okay thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by N.Choi
Damn, thats the thing about going to these open days. Can't a family relative drop you off???

Nope :'( i think im just gonna get a train to paddington and navigate my own way there some how xD wish me luck
Reply 116
Original post by Jaska
Nope :'( i think im just gonna get a train to paddington and navigate my own way there some how xD wish me luck

Ahh, good luck anyway :P
Original post by N.Choi
Ahh, good luck anyway :P

do you know if theres any work being done from margate to tooting broadway?
Reply 118
Original post by Jaska
do you know if theres any work being done from margate to tooting broadway?

I'm assuming you are going by nationalrail?? If so, try going from margate to Euston. Then switch lines to victoria line (blue) and stop at stockwell underground station. Switch lines again to northern line (black) and stop at tooting broadway. Part of what I said is how I'm going to travel. Try searching up at the tfl website.

Also, I thought you were coming from bristol????
Original post by N.Choi
I'm assuming you are going by nationalrail?? If so, try going from margate to Euston. Then switch lines to victoria line (blue) and stop at stockwell underground station. Switch lines again to northern line (black) and stop at tooting broadway. Part of what I said is how I'm going to travel. Try searching up at the tfl website.

Also, I thought you were coming from bristol????

Yeah my plan is: Bristol -> Paddington -(go underground)-> Margate -(switch to northern line)-> Tooting Broadway then walk to St.Georges.

Quick Reply