The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The UEA Question Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by driftawaay
Ahh I need to upload a campus card photo but what kinda photo should it be? Is it supposed to be one of those 'serious' ones like an official ID photo or can you have one with a wide open smile? lol

And when they print it onto your campus card is it gonna be black and white?

It's colour.

Any photo is fine as long as it shows your face clearly and looks like you. Not as strict as passport where you can't even smile (I would smile as you have to use it for everything over the next three years), but I would avoid a massive grin that makes you look completely different.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by bossun
Posted from TSR Mobile

Guys does anyone know if there is Gay society at UEA or if its common to have gay students

There's the LGBT(Q? not sure if they've added the Q yet) society, and there are a fair few gay students (like, the normal amount I guess) nobody's gonna have a problem with it if that's what you're worried about. We love pretty much everybody.
Are you allowed to have food delivered to your accommodation? Like pizza or supermarket deliveries? What are the rules on that?
Original post by laurencassinia
Are you allowed to have food delivered to your accommodation? Like pizza or supermarket deliveries? What are the rules on that?

You are :smile:

if you're in the terraces then past 11 you'll have to collect from the security lodge. Other than that no rules I can think of :smile:
Oh good! Thank you :smile:
Original post by laurencassinia
Oh good! Thank you :smile:

to add to what lilGem said in the campus ensuites the delivery guys normally come to the block door - you just have to come out of your flat to meet them
Original post by lilGem
You are :smile:

if you're in the terraces then past 11 you'll have to collect from the security lodge. Other than that no rules I can think of :smile:

I plan on doing online supermarket orders, when I do what address would I put?
Suffolk terrace
Flat etc
??:redface:
Original post by OnionRing
Suffolk terrace
Flat etc

UEA
Norwich
NR4 7TJ
Original post by jelly1000
UEA
Norwich
NR4 7TJ

Sweet cheers!
Original post by OnionRing
Suffolk terrace
Flat etc

same as above along with terrace and block :smile:
I think I'll probably have more luggage than I can carry and my parents wont be dropping me off or anything....Im going to UEA by couch but idk how Im gonna carry my luggage across campus and then upstairs in halls... lol. Are there like volunteers who help you carry your stuff?!
Original post by driftawaay
I think I'll probably have more luggage than I can carry and my parents wont be dropping me off or anything....Im going to UEA by couch but idk how Im gonna carry my luggage across campus and then upstairs in halls... lol. Are there like volunteers who help you carry your stuff?!

There are normally helpers on the day yes :smile:
Quick question: how strict is UEA regarding skipping classes? Do I just have to pretend to be sick or something?
Original post by CheCurry
Quick question: how strict is UEA regarding skipping classes? Do I just have to pretend to be sick or something?

There is no overall policy- some tutors are more strict than others. Generally labs and seminars are harder to miss than lectures, especially big lectures.
Original post by CheCurry

Depends on the school, in ENV there's a register for everything but lectures, and the EFRY HUB are pretty on it for contacting people if they keep missing labs/seminars/practicals.

To be frank, at the end of the day you're paying for those contact hours and if you skip them it's your money you're throwing away. Then there are some lecturers who don't put anything up on Blackboard, so if you don't turn up to whatever it is, unless you have really good friends you're a bit screwed.
I have a question:
I'm an exchange student coming to UEA for Spring Semester 2015 and my boyfriend is hoping to visit me while I'm staying in residence. Is there strict rules about him staying in my room? Do I need to sign him in or something prior to his visit? He would be coming for 1 to 2 weeks approximately. Thanks.
Has anyone done occupational therapy or another health sciences course? If so how did you find the facilities (I wasn't able to see them when I went for an interviews) and teaching and how big was your cohort? Trying to decide between UEA and southampton as my firm (if not it'll definitely be my insurance)
Thanks
Original post by merecpow
I have a question:
I'm an exchange student coming to UEA for Spring Semester 2015 and my boyfriend is hoping to visit me while I'm staying in residence. Is there strict rules about him staying in my room? Do I need to sign him in or something prior to his visit? He would be coming for 1 to 2 weeks approximately. Thanks.

You're not supposed to have people stay for that long. But nobody would know if they did. They basically say that anyone who you bring in is your responsibility and that if anything gets damaged or goes missing it's up to you to foot the bill.
You're supposed to contact your senior resident about people staying (I did) but they don't inspect you or anything like that.
Anyone know how to fill the self certifying form for the 5 working day extension?

Its my first one ever for a piece of coursework this year, but I don't know if I need to fill in all the boxes.

Do I need to submit evidence? And do I need to fill out all of the form?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by andrew_c
Anyone know how to fill the self certifying form for the 5 working day extension?

Its my first one ever for a piece of coursework this year, but I don't know if I need to fill in all the boxes.

Do I need to submit evidence? And do I need to fill out all of the form?

the whole point of the self certifying form is that you don't need to supply evidence

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending