The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

back from counselling, new counsellor seems nice enough :smile: my biggest issue with the high turnover of staff at student services is that i have to waste an appointment by explaining whats going on with me - whereas if she were my old counsellor, i could have had a proper session with her :/

her eyes though when she asked me to tell her what was up - depression .... anxiety .... isolation .... disordered eating .... SH .... trichotillomania - it was almost like she signed up for the job expecting just to see students with simple mild depression or something because she seemed so shocked that there was a big long list :redface:

also decided to start saving to see a private therapist when i move to manchester :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Drs got back to me. MH team have said no to antidepressants, but adding a small dose of quetiapine in a morning to my normal evening dose. Not sure if this will help, but guess iv got to go with what they say really, or it will take even bloody longer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Managed to break oven :facepalm:. New plan: not being in house. First stop: work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Freaking out right now. I'm dealing really badly with life today. Too much going on and I want to shut down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
Freaking out right now. I'm dealing really badly with life today. Too much going on and I want to shut down.

Posted from TSR Mobile

message me if you want too! :hugs:
god im in such a **** mood. **** everything. I ****ing hate my existence
Original post by ScaryScience
god im in such a **** mood. **** everything. I ****ing hate my existence

Pretty much the same here. I'm fed up of everything going wrong for me and being out of my control. Just sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf

Your inbox is full :P

I can bus it. Am already at work so am slightly short on supplies but I have book I can read and one I can colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Your inbox is full :P

I can bus it. Am already at work so am slightly short on supplies but I have book I can read and one I can colour.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy: You can use my many crafting materials then. :h:

See you later!
Original post by james1211
Pretty much the same here. I'm fed up of everything going wrong for me and being out of my control. Just sick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry to hear that James :hugs:
luno
x

Yeah sure, PM me anytime :smile:
Original post by GEEKHELP
woah that sounds cool..how did you get into that?

I used to volunteer at a peer support group and I got really interested in peer support work because of that. When I dropped out of uni I needed to get some money so I looked on the internet for jobs and I came across this job in the NHS as a Peer Support Worker. Thought I would go for it as the main criteria for the job is having your own personal experience of mental health problems and secondary mental health services. Applied for it and got the job! It's a really good job, I would recommend it to anyone who's had previous experience of mental health problems.
my doctors have got an online booking system now, i can book doctors appointments without having to spend 5 hours working up some courage to ring them, praise the lord.
Original post by SweetNothing
my doctors have got an online booking system now, i can book doctors appointments without having to spend 5 hours working up some courage to ring them, praise the lord.

Ah that's brilliant! My GP surgery has an online booking system but you have to go in especially to get some code and password, and then change the password or something complicated like that :grumble:

Sometimes I just make my mum phone up and make appointments for me, to save myself the hassle and nervous energy :colondollar:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Ah that's brilliant! My GP surgery has an online booking system but you have to go in especially to get some code and password, and then change the password or something complicated like that :grumble:

Sometimes I just make my mum phone up and make appointments for me, to save myself the hassle and nervous energy :colondollar:

Yeah I had to do that today but I figured it was worth it so I don't have to talk to them anymore haha :biggrin:

Making your mum phone up is a genius idea!
Yeah I had to do that today but I figured it was worth it so I don't have to talk to them anymore haha :biggrin:

For sure :biggrin: I still haven't worked up the guts to ask for a code thing and password :getmecoat: Well done you for doing that though - can't have been easy! :rave:

Making your mum phone up is a genius idea!

I get a bit embarrassed about it sometimes coz I'm really too old to be having my mum phone up for me. I just remind myself that I'm mentally disabled and that I need to be kinder to myself about these kinda things though :o:
Pretty sure my step dad thinks iv got loads of money!
So annoyed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's enough to put people off. Yay for recognising that people have phone phobia.

Original post by Odd socks
yeuuuck. cannot remember the last time I felt quite this horribly depressed. not a great deal of sign of instability or BPD symptoms, just pure depression. this is horrible

Latest