The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

this thread is so **** now, wtf has happened to the most active and entertaining football forum on TSR.

smh.
Original post by Basiji
this thread is so **** now, wtf has happened to the most active and entertaining football forum on TSR.

smh.

Just go on the united thread and wait for them to lose or draw(so basically go there this sunday) and you'll get fun.

Or we just wait for you lot to face Chelsea at the bridge, can't wait, creaming myself for that fixture.
Original post by jam278
Just go on the united thread and wait for them to lose or draw(so basically go there this sunday) and you'll get fun.

Or we just wait for you lot to face Chelsea at the bridge, can't wait, creaming myself for that fixture.

loooool

yh i'm a bit shook about chelsea. look disgustingly too good. too much pace power and tekks all over the pitch. doubt there'll be more than a 2 goal margin though. if there is i will paypal you 10 quid.

wenger dont ****ing mess about this time. he better learn from last season.
We really can beat City on Saturday.

Did Chile play last night or tonight?

Doubt Alexis will be able to start.
Original post by angelfox
We really can beat City on Saturday.

Did Chile play last night or tonight?

Doubt Alexis will be able to start.

Yesterday.

Surely he has enough time to get across the Atlantic before Saturday?
"I was happy to take a permanent transfer with Danny Welbeck. When you analyse Welbeck's game, he has the qualities to play down the middle but he is very versatile"

Versatile...

Versatile...

Welbeck is going to play on the wing, its just a forgone conclusion..
Gibbs, Arteta and Ozil are fully fit and are in the squad for Saturday, Ramsey being assessed today.
Original post by Stalin
Yesterday.

Surely he has enough time to get across the Atlantic before Saturday?

And you wonder why players get injured or perform very poorly vs big teams?

He's going to be jetlagged massively since he's been in america and just played an international 3 days before a match.

Original post by Basiji
loooool

yh i'm a bit shook about chelsea. look disgustingly too good. too much pace power and tekks all over the pitch. doubt there'll be more than a 2 goal margin though. if there is i will paypal you 10 quid.

wenger dont ****ing mess about this time. he better learn from last season.

Yeah, creaming about the pace and power.

Honestly from watching the games we don't look as amazing as I think we can be. This is just the beginning. Easily could have gone 1-0 down vs leicester and struggling to break them down and were conceding for fun vs Everton. Need a bit more control in our games.
(edited 9 years ago)
These journos at press conferences piss me off, why cant they ask about the ****ing formation fgs. Its seems like no pundit or journo has even noticed we've swapped formation.
"If I had not been away on deadline day, Welbeck would not have signed. That's the truth," said Wenger.

Fantastic man management there, Arsene.
Loooooool Wenger is a joker.
Original post by sr90
"If I had not been away on deadline day, Welbeck would not have signed. That's the truth," said Wenger.

Fantastic man management there, Arsene.

Yeah wtf. And basically informing us all of what we already knew, that the only reason why the club did something slightly resembling an intelligent move, was because Wenger wasn't around to stop it.
And people were getting angry at RVP for saying there's no ambition at Arsenal.

Honestly only way I see Arsenal doing anything good this season is if they get an easy draw in the CL and face no big boys(Chelsea/City and possibly Liverpool) in the cups.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fallen_acorns
"I was happy to take a permanent transfer with Danny Welbeck. When you analyse Welbeck's game, he has the qualities to play down the middle but he is very versatile"

Versatile...

Versatile...

Welbeck is going to play on the wing, its just a forgone conclusion..

"He can play through the middle where I think is his best position..." - Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B-Stacks
"He can play through the middle where I think is his best position..." - Wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he's been playing Ozil on the left, I don't think playing people in their best position is high on his priority list.
Original post by jam278
And people were getting angry at RVP for saying there's no ambition at Arsenal.

Honestly only way I see Arsenal doing anything good this season is if they get an easy draw in the CL and face no big boys(Chelsea/City and possibly Liverpool) in the cups.

To be fair they had a really tough route to the final last season. Spurs, Everton and Liverpool.
Original post by sr90
To be fair they had a really tough route to the final last season. Spurs, Everton and Liverpool.

Bar Liverpool none of them were big boys.
Wenger has been going on about playing Sanchez up front all preseason. I would not be at all surprised to see him there and Welbeck on the left wing.
Original post by jam278
Bar Liverpool none of them were big boys.

Everton tore them apart at Goodison and matched them at the Grove, shoulda beaten them the other week too. Martinez would probably play a first strength XI as well. They are just as tough a draw as a City/Chelsea side who will inevitably have their priorities elsewhere.
Says everything here about Welbeck. Also Wenger didn't say he preferred a loan, he initially thought he was only available on loan.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11088929/Arsenal-manager-Arsene-Wenger-Danny-Welbeck-only-signed-because-I-went-to-Rome-on-deadline-day.html
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest