The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
Poor people who suck on the phone :console:

It's not something I've ever had difficulty with :p:

Wish I hadn't, got about five people I need to ring about different things now- been putting one off for over a year! :eek: The others are more urgent though, like needing to be done tomorrow in one case :frown:

Any chance of scrabble at some point? I need something else to think about :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3161
Original post by furryface12
Wish I hadn't, got about five people I need to ring about different things now- been putting one off for over a year! :eek: The others are more urgent though, like needing to be done tomorrow in one case :frown:

Any chance of scrabble at some point? I need something else to think about :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got nothing to do for 2 more weeks; might start a 'samba mhss phone service' to call around for people! Wouldn't work for all calls, but for some it would :biggrin:

Yep, I could play scrabble with you tonight :smile:
Reply 3162
Yeah I know, and I'm not exactly the best person at talking/explaining things to people so it's probably mostly my fault anyway :s-smilie:

Good :smile: Am I weird for never having been in a relationship, and never really having had any interest in having one with anyone? I was thinking this the other day, it's just not ever been a feature :colondollar: Have you ever had a girl/boyfriend? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Up until 17 I'd never even kissed a girl. Even until 18 I was almost entirely uninterested in girls until my injury ended sports aspirations. Life was literally eat drink sleep sports :p: I'd say I started 'noticing' girls at 17-18, and making some vague effort at about 18.
Watching the MH episode of 999 whats your emergency hummm not sure if this is a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plasmaman
Ever feel like you want to say so much to someone but your anxiety gets in the way? I mean someone who you really like 😍but you go to speak to them and you like... shut down😩And it makes you feel like the worlds telling you it just isnt meant to be. You wonder "what if I had more confidence"😢
And the phonecall thing ? ... Damn I will sometimes shake with anxiety after coming off the phone

Anxiety is pretty good at getting in the way like that. I have no idea how to talk to people (it's something I always manage to screw up) but could you try starting small? You say you have so much to say so perhaps build up to that slowly? She might get freaked out if you spill everything at once anyway :tongue:
Original post by PandaWho
Watching the MH episode of 999 whats your emergency hummm not sure if this is a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile

please be careful.. I found it so upsetting :frown:
Got a second date on Saturday with the girl I went out with. I'm happy but also I know it's only a matter of time till it ends

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
please be careful.. I found it so upsetting :frown:

Gets me every time but i find it really interesting. Im safe atm though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
Up until 17 I'd never even kissed a girl. Even until 18 I was almost entirely uninterested in girls until my injury ended sports aspirations. Life was literally eat drink sleep sports :p: I'd say I started 'noticing' girls at 17-18, and making some vague effort at about 18.

At least I'm not the only one then I guess, although I'm 18 and still have no interest in either sex tbh :redface: That said, I seem to have no interest in anything at the minute... I used to be like that with music (but without the drink, or much sleep actually :lol:), I want to be like that again! Too terrified to even find a group I can play in at the moment though, not even been playing instruments at all much the last couple of months :frown:

That phone thing would be awesome! I just spend half an hour staring at the phone and then give up normally unless someone forces me into it :colondollar:

Yay, scrabble! Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blerugh, feeling really paranoid. I'm home alone and there's a huge thunderstorm just like they have in horror movies. I don't even know what I'm scared of. My therapy cat won't give me a cuddle either, he's hiding in the bedroom. Maybe I'll take some diazepam but it worries me that if I do I won't be in as good as condition to fight if that's what's needed.
Original post by Sabertooth
Anxiety is pretty good at getting in the way like that. I have no idea how to talk to people (it's something I always manage to screw up) but could you try starting small? You say you have so much to say so perhaps build up to that slowly? She might get freaked out if you spill everything at once anyway :tongue:

Thanks, I just become a quivering wreck if I'm honest, I'm always the most scared of the nicest people!
Original post by plasmaman
Ever feel like you want to say so much to someone but your anxiety gets in the way? I mean someone who you really like but you go to speak to them and you like... shut downAnd it makes you feel like the worlds telling you it just isnt meant to be. You wonder "what if I had more confidence"
And the phonecall thing ? ... Damn I will sometimes shake with anxiety after coming off the phone

What I find is best for things like that is make it so telling them/talking to them about something is unavoidable? If that makes any sense? At least I find that when I don't have a choice in saying something/whatever then my nerves/worries can lower quite a lot :dontknow:
I know that when I was telling someone (who I still sort of fancied :facepalm:) about MH things I sent them a text the day before to tell them I needed to tell them something? :colondollar:

Would also be up for scrabble :yep: Something to do while I pack clothes or something :colondollar: :biggrin: I think I need to reply to you still :redface: I'm sorry :s-smilie:

Original post by Odd socks
Got a second date on Saturday with the girl I went out with. I'm happy but also I know it's only a matter of time till it ends

:jive: Go Odd socks :smile:
You don't know that :nah: :hugs: Hope you have a good time on saturday :woo:
Original post by purple-duck
What I find is best for things like that is make it so telling them/talking to them about something is unavoidable? If that makes any sense? At least I find that when I don't have a choice in saying something/whatever then my nerves/worries can lower quite a lot :dontknow:
I know that when I was telling someone (who I still sort of fancied :facepalm:) about MH things I sent them a text the day before to tell them I needed to tell them something? :colondollar:

Would also be up for scrabble :yep: Something to do while I pack clothes or something :colondollar: :biggrin: I think I need to reply to you still :redface: I'm sorry :s-smilie:

:jive: Go Odd socks :smile:
You don't know that :nah: :hugs: Hope you have a good time on saturday :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know, and I'm not exactly the best person at talking/explaining things to people so it's probably mostly my fault anyway :s-smilie:

Good :smile: Am I weird for never having been in a relationship, and never really having had any interest in having one with anyone? I was thinking this the other day, it's just not ever been a feature :colondollar: Have you ever had a girl/boyfriend? (You don't have to answer if you don't want to :redface:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww its not your fault :hugs:. Its just how it is :frown:.

And haha not weird lol. Yeah I've had two serious girlfriends, both of whom have screwed me over so. Not a great track record :frown:.
Also really glad I'm not the only one who gets really anxious about talking on the phone to people

Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wooooo :smile:. And come on, you don't know that!
Original post by WelshBluebird
Aww its not your fault :hugs:. Its just how it is :frown:.

And haha not weird lol. Yeah I've had two serious girlfriends, both of whom have screwed me over so. Not a great track record :frown:.

I suppose :s-smilie:

Doesn't mean everyone will! And not your fault they did that, either... Hopefully soon you'll find someone equally nice as you and that'll be better :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3176
Original post by Sabertooth
Blerugh, feeling really paranoid. I'm home alone and there's a huge thunderstorm just like they have in horror movies. I don't even know what I'm scared of. My therapy cat won't give me a cuddle either, he's hiding in the bedroom. Maybe I'll take some diazepam but it worries me that if I do I won't be in as good as condition to fight if that's what's needed.

:hugs: Wanna play scrabble with moi and furry to take your mind off it? :biggrin:
Original post by WelshBluebird
Also really glad I'm not the only one who gets really anxious about talking on the phone to people

Wooooo :smile:. And come on, you don't know that!

I do :sadnod:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=purple-duck;50268061Would also be up for scrabble :yep: Something to do while I pack clothes or something :$ [excludedFace]biggrin[/excludedFace] I think I need to reply to you still [excludedFace]redface[/excludedFace] I'm sorry [excludedFace]s-smilie[/excludedFace]
:
Good :biggrin: When do you go back to uni? Don't worry, you don't have to reply! I can't actually remember what I said to you anyway, so it can't have been that important :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
:hugs: Wanna play scrabble with moi and furry to take your mind off it? :biggrin:

Yes I would like that.