The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

The Official Ask Aston Thread

Scroll to see replies

I'm finding the admin at Aston all round disappointing so far; no reply to any emails, the direct phone numbers all rang until answer phone all day, the first time I callled the main switchboard the woman never even listened to what I had to say and out me through to a number I didn't want, can't log into MAP anymore and noone is emailing back about it. I can tell this is going to be a frustrating experience.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by Synthesize
I'm finding the admin at Aston all round disappointing so far; no reply to any emails, the direct phone numbers all rang until answer phone all day, the first time I callled the main switchboard the woman never even listened to what I had to say and out me through to a number I didn't want, can't log into MAP anymore and noone is emailing back about it. I can tell this is going to be a frustrating experience.

Apologies to hear about your frustration, hopefully things will process reasonably quickly for you, i just want to check if you've tried logging in on a different browser?
How many % of the University is of south asian origin?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jolteon135
How many % of the University is of south asian origin?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We do not keep figures on the racial demographics of our student body, we only keep information on the country of domicile for things such as contacting family members. However the university is very multicultural and you will find people of all backgrounds and races here.
Original post by Aston University
We do not keep figures on the racial demographics of our student body, we only keep information on the country of domicile for things such as contacting family members. However the university is very multicultural and you will find people of all backgrounds and races here.

Well take an estimate.
The Uni is NOT multicultural. South asians and whites only. Haven't you seen other unis? Now they are multicultural.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jolteon135
Well take an estimate.
The Uni is NOT multicultural. South asians and whites only. Haven't you seen other unis? Now they are multicultural.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should relax and consider that people are people regardless of country of origin or skin colour and it should hold no bearing on anything. I'm pretty sure the fact the we have 31 student societies based around nationality and religion shows we are a indeed a multicultural university.

Finally, i'm unsure whether you are a serious person or a troll account thus any further communication will end here unless you have a serious question.
I kno the boy to girl ratio is high at aston, but how hot are the girls that are there?
how easy r they?
I have tried with different browsers and still have the same problem. Still no replies to email on day 2, the direct number for accomodation is off the hook, I cannot log into MAP or emails and there is no way to find login credentials other than to phone dead phone lines or email again and get no reply. What kind of a joke is this? Who employs the people who work in admin at aston?
Original post by weeniebop
I kno the boy to girl ratio is high at aston, but how hot are the girls that are there?

That yet again is something we don't and can't measure, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. :wink:
Original post by Synthesize
I have tried with different browsers and still have the same problem. Still no replies to email on day 2, the direct number for accomodation is off the hook, I cannot log into MAP or emails and there is no way to find login credentials other than to phone dead phone lines or email again and get no reply. What kind of a joke is this? Who employs the people who work in admin at aston?

Which address are you emailing exactly and what is your problem? I may be able to point you in the right direction.

If the direct number for accommodation is engaged: 0121 204 4722 try the general enquires number as the accommodation number has no answering machine: 0121 204 3000.

If you're one of the few people on the waiting list for accommodation and getting worried as long as you meet the criteria for a guaranteed place you will receive one even if we are over subscribed.

I understand your frustration, unfortunately I'm limited in what i can do for you as i work in the digital marketing department rather than in accommodation or undergraduate admissions.

images.jpg :smile:
Original post by weeniebop
Are you gay or something.

Do me a favour sir/mam, listen to all of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g
thats unprofessional. im going to complain
I'm currently an A2 student studying A2 in Sociology and Psychology and AS Religious Studies and Citizenship. I previously did Business Studies and Accounting at AS but got an E in Business Studies and U in Accounts.

I have no idea why I picked up Religious Studies and I'm thinking of doing Media Studies, in replacement.

I'm planning on applying to Essex, Hull, Leicester, DMU and Aston University to do Business and Management and I don't know if they will decline my offer because I got an E in Business Studies, and also if Media Studies would help me get to any of those Universities.

I'm planning on getting 2 B's at least in my A2 subjects and 2 A's in my AS subjects.

Please, if anyone can help me it will be appreciated!!!

I'm planning to apply this year to go next year.
I'm also planning on getting 2 B's in my A2 subjects and 2 A's in my AS subjects.
Original post by carmenwong
I'm currently an A2 student studying A2 in Sociology and Psychology and AS Religious Studies and Citizenship. I previously did Business Studies and Accounting at AS but got an E in Business Studies and U in Accounts.

I have no idea why I picked up Religious Studies and I'm thinking of doing Media Studies, in replacement.

I'm planning on applying to Essex, Hull, Leicester, DMU and Aston University to do Business and Management and I don't know if they will decline my offer because I got an E in Business Studies, and also if Media Studies would help me get to any of those Universities.

I'm planning on getting 2 B's at least in my A2 subjects and 2 A's in my AS subjects.

Please, if anyone can help me it will be appreciated!!!

I'm planning to apply this year to go next year.
I'm also planning on getting 2 B's in my A2 subjects and 2 A's in my AS subjects.

I think you're asking whether that E grade in business will hold you back? As long as you achieve the required UCAS points for the course and select Aston for your firm choice, you should be fine.
Original post by Aston University
I think you're asking whether that E grade in business will hold you back? As long as you achieve the required UCAS points for the course and select Aston for your firm choice, you should be fine.

Yes! That's exactly what I am asking. I hope it doesn't. Thank-you very much!

I'm slightly confused. I e-mail an admission offer asking if Aston would still accept me even with my situation of studying two A2 and two AS and they replied to me "Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we may not be able to consider your application, as we ask for a minimum of 3 A-Levels.",
BUT I have e-mailed them before and they said to me that as long as I get the required 320/340 UCAS points then I can still go.

I'm really confused now. Please reply. Are you an admission officer there too?
Original post by carmenwong
Yes! That's exactly what I am asking. I hope it doesn't. Thank-you very much!

I'm slightly confused. I e-mail an admission offer asking if Aston would still accept me even with my situation of studying two A2 and two AS and they replied to me "Thanks for your enquiry. Unfortunately we may not be able to consider your application, as we ask for a minimum of 3 A-Levels.",
BUT I have e-mailed them before and they said to me that as long as I get the required 320/340 UCAS points then I can still go.

I'm really confused now. Please reply. Are you an admission officer there too?

Apologies for any confusion, i am not an admissions officer, I work in the marketing department, best to contact them for a third time at [email protected]
Reply 57
Hi there, I was wondering what 'Like your library live' is and where to go for it on the 29th of September?
Thanks in advance.
Reply 58
Hi, Got in to aston through clearing and I've completed most tasks on MAP (except one, having a few delays with details on my Student Finance) but I still haven't been given a place for accommodation yet. I've called before but they're saying I'm on a waiting list -_- ... Also checked every other kind of accommodation near Aston and all they'll let you apply for is to be put on another waiting list so nothing there but bs. Any suggestions on my next move?
Original post by St0n3r
Hi, Got in to aston through clearing and I've completed most tasks on MAP (except one, having a few delays with details on my Student Finance) but I still haven't been given a place for accommodation yet. I've called before but they're saying I'm on a waiting list -_- ... Also checked every other kind of accommodation near Aston and all they'll let you apply for is to be put on another waiting list so nothing there but bs. Any suggestions on my next move?

Yes unfortunately our accommodation is over subscribed this year, along with all of the close by student residencies such as cosmo and unite, odds are you will not be able to live on campus this year unless you have met all the requirements for guaranteed accommodation.

I suggest you look at accommodation off campus through a private landlord, here are some following links that may be able to help you out:

Union support on finding a house: http://www.aston.ac.uk/union/welfare/arc/

Search tools for available accommodation: http://www.astonstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation

Flat shares in Birmingham: http://www.spareroom.co.uk/flatshare/birmingham

Bus ticket information and prices: http://nxbus.co.uk/

A travel planner to find your way around the midlands: http://jp.networkwestmidlands.com/centro/XSLT_TRIP_REQUEST2?language=en&timeOffset=15

Good luck. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest